Hey, Anonymous! welcome to the After-Hours Bar. Grab a stool and take your coat off, won’t you...

hey, Anonymous! welcome to the After-Hours Bar. Grab a stool and take your coat off, won’t you? Let’s see what we’ve got on tap tonight:

>Advice
>Conversation
>Happy Thoughts

thank you for stopping by, have a wonderful night, and please remember that you are loved.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gxEPV4kolz0
youtu.be/g21iLcAbssE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

my wife fell down some stairs at work last week and now she's pretty much destined to be in a chair forever, how is everyone?

that's... pretty rough. I know that it may not be your immediate focus, but have you looked at things like workers' compensation with her? it would be something to take a look at.
how's she doing otherwise? that sounds like it would be a bit of a blow to anyone's mental wellbeing.

i lied i just wanted to make your thread more interesting but it's still pretty dead, i'm a 22yo NEET and happy

hey, that's okay! I'm glad that you're doing well, at the very least. not everyone can say that they're happy, so cherish that.

Just keeping myself awake man, how's the bartener doing?
Nightshift coming up for the dreamjob tomorrow

Fuckin love my job, but i still feel somewhat empty inside

I'm doing aight. had a bit of a long weekend that I'm still recovering from, but I've managed worse. what's the job?

25 yo lusting after an 18 year old. We go to the same uni, same major, and have a few classes together. We hung out a lot but she doesn't know how old I am and when she asked I side stepped the question.

She's not a perfect girl and I never intended to fall for her but she is super cute and we have a lot in common and actually treats me like a real person. I'm a 2/10 at best so I feel like I need to dive in on this opportunity, but I've known her for months now, visited her house and even met her parents. I feel like I need to tell hey how old I am if I want this friendship to become a real relationship but I'm worried it will scare her off.

As is I feel like I haven't done anything wrong, just being a close friend. But the second I try to make a move I lose all ability to claim I'm not a creepy 25 yo taking advantage of an 18yo.

that's a pretty tough situation, yeah. I think that the best way to handle talking about your age is just just be honest about it and say you were worried you'd be seen as weird or old or something if/when she found out. I can't give as much advice on making a move. it really depends on when you'd feel ready to, and when the mood fits.

Pic related, of course
What's up with your weekend man?, got back from some social stuff?

A strong friendship can already excist, so wouldnt a relationship work out?
18 is an acceptable age, but you might expierence the age gap if she's in college and youre working

had the same a few years ago man, felt bad
she was 18, i was 20 but i would graduate and start working, she would be in college until 22~24

>As is I feel like I haven't done anything wrong

Well, you're wrong. You should've been honest and open about your age from the start. Not matter when you told her your age, you're still the creepy 25 year old trying to have a relationship with an 18 year old. But if you're open from the start, it at least won't feel like you were deceiving her. But that ship has sailed and she's going to feel a bit of that no matter what now that your relationship with her has progressed so far.

All you can really do is tell her how old you are ASAP but try to slip it into conversation naturally. I think it'll end with her cutting ties with you but she's only going to feel more creeped out the longer you go without saying it.

right, I probably should've guessed. I'm a little oblivious tonight.
a lot of people let me down this weekend, myself not excluded. not a big deal, we just pick ourselves up and make the next day a bit better.
how do you deal with driving for long periods? do you just listen to the radio, or something?

Hey there bartender. I'll have a Piano Man if you don't mind. Seems like I got here early.

coming up. how's your day going?

Pretty slow today. First day back to classes at uni after winter break. I already have a lot on my plate so I'm trying to do the best I can to stay relaxed. A drink always helps that.

>a lot of people let me down this weekend, myself not excluded. not a big deal, we just pick ourselves up and make the next day a bit better.
Well, we all fail ourselves sometimes right?
No biggie man, just keep on rollin'

>how do you deal with driving for long periods? do you just listen to the radio, or something?
I have a club of other truckers (7 dudes) that i usually call, we keep ourselves entertained during the nightshift talking about cars and tits and stuff
If theyre not available or if i want to be alone i just hit up the radio (we have great shows in the morning and evening) or play my usb zip disquette

i have a pretty boring route, from harbor to factory and back to the harbor, but i till love doing my job, even though most cars have no idea what theyre doing on the road
I've seen the number one couse of traffic jams is just plain inpatience, cutting off and racing to make it before somebody else
Then proceeding to brake and thus make everyone behind them break

Live's funny, i sometimes wonder if they would stop driving like asshats if they could see how shitty traffic flow is from my seat

Kys fag

that's fair, yeah. you'll manage the course load just fine, though. I've got faith in you. what are you studying?
I've read that before about traffic jams, yeah. just takes one person driving like a dick to slow everyone else down.
I'm not capable of kissing myself. maybe you can help?

I'll have a Fireball if you got em

>I'm not capable of kissing myself. maybe you can help?
It says kiss your sister!
show her that you still care

>I've read that before about traffic jams, yeah. just takes one person driving like a dick to slow everyone else down.
Oh well, thats just hw i view it nowadays
Just trying to crack a converstation
Say, how long have you been running this here bar?, i just stumbled across it
seems comfy

What a pussy just remember that suicide is the best solution to all your problems

like... the cinnamon whiskey? I never understood the point of it. it doesn't seem like something I'd want to drink for the flavor.
my sister knows that I love her, unfortunately she just lives a little too far away for me to go visit right now.
I've been doing this on and off since... April, I think. it's been a little while!
I'll keep it in mind

It's really good actually, it tastes like big red the chewing gum. My old man gave me a shot of this as soon as I turned 21 so its been my drink of choice. next to jager of course.

I love my sister too, she's in the hospital right now, betting a cyst removed. shes really sensitive about the whole thing that she didn't want me to visit her.

Its so cold, I need a glass of rum with three shots of coke.

>like... the cinnamon whiskey? I never understood the point of it. it doesn't seem like something I'd want to drink for the flavor.
He's just having the kiddy varient ;)
Speaking of which, i'd like a vodka, pure with some rocks
>I've been doing this on and off since... April, I think. it's been a little while!
seeing how you're doing this on Sup Forums suprises me
Sup Forums doesnt really have an unwind and comfy corner like an Discord or IRC
Even if it did, i'd probably be shit, keep up the good work
My visit to Sup Forums was a stroke of boredom today though, so i might miss you the next few times man

we all have different tastes, my friend
not all of us can down a shot of potatoes and communist tears.

that's fair! probably why I ended up being really partial to bourbon and fruity ales.
cysts can be a bit of a pain, yeah. especially depending on where they are. and if she's a little sensitive about it, I can't blame her for not wanting to talk about it. I hope she recovers soon.
of course. please stay warm.
I've met a few other people who do similar, but their threads tend to go a lot faster than mine do. I try to keep things comfy here.
and I don't mind doing them here at all. people can be dicks sometimes, but everyone needs a kind ear once in a while.

Molecular biology. Very interesting but challenging sometimes

Just playin with ya
Also, if you like to drink chewing gum, try finding a drink called ''Fernandez''
It's just soda, but you can mix in alcohol and have a good time

I personally hate it tho, way too sweet for me

>people can be dicks sometimes, but everyone needs a kind ear once in a while.
Its been a long time since i've heard comfortring words like that on Sup Forums

I'll toast to that, i hope ill bump into you again some day, then i'll make you a drink

thanks Op

youtu.be/gxEPV4kolz0

that sounds like it would be, yeah. at least you've got an interest in it! I've always found interesting things easier to get through, even if it can be harder.

To add a little more context, I was never really that interested in making friends in uni, I generally just go to class and come home. But she invited me to lunch a few times and we ended up hanging out after class almost every day for the last few months of the semester.

I didn't want to be an ass and say "sorry, I'm older than you so we can't be friends" and I also never intended to fall for her like I did. I did genuinely enjoy spending time with her but I think honestly I'm just thirsty because I haven't been in a stable relationship since highschool. I'll try to slip it into a conversation tomorrow and see what happens. (Also I have one of her books that see lent me to read over break, pretty sure that's going to be awkward if she calls me a creep and I have to do something with this book)

Anyway guys, thanks for listening. There's not anyone in my life who I can talk to about this and I really appreciate what you are doing in this thread.

The love of my life makes me feel more alone than if I was actually just alone. I want to just pack up and run for my own sake, I've suffered so much because of it but I can't bring myself to leave.

Shit sucks man.

hmm, that looks tasty
I should try it some time

I'd like that. hopefully our paths will cross again soon.
no worries at all. good luck with it

>I didn't want to be an ass and say "sorry, I'm older than you so we can't be friends" and I also never intended to fall for her like I did.

You didn't have to do that but when you found out her age, you probably should've revealed your own age.

I can hear the shackles from here, my friend
find out what's keeping you bound to her and break the chains

youtu.be/g21iLcAbssE

Eh 7 year difference is really nothing at all to fret about user. My parents had an 18 year age difference and their marriage worked out a lot better than most

Thanks

Just talk to them about it. If she doesn't want to change this cut her lose. Its better to talk things out or it will fester. And a relationship that festers doesn't turn out good for either party.

i havent seen that character in a long ass time
Fucking Hellshock makes great drawings

Well, if she is the love of your life, then try figurin out whats bothering you so much?
Usually the best medice is to just calm down and have a lon think, then try talking to her
Maybe you just need some space?, she's your love for a reason, so dont let it go to waste just because you're fed up now

Only 1 way to find out, you'll see tomorrow
Dont try to get anxious over it, you've been working out as friends just fine

>that... sounds like she isn't the love of your life, then. why are you holding yourself in a relationship that you find unfulfilling?
Why so negative?, life's not always roses and moonshine man

The key is getting over bumps together dont you think?, if you can do that then she truly i the love of your life

Because I love them so much. I never felt like I mattered so much to someone like I did with them. I just got addicted to the feeling of being wanted and now that I've had a taste I don't know how to live without it.

I tend to make people uncomfortable
Why am I like this?

The more you suffer
The more it shows you really care
Right? Yeah, yeah, yeah

yuri is better than monika

fight me

it doenst have to result in suffer
Usually people tend to crop up their emotions and feelings until they crack and burst

If you want to break free, go ahead and break

If you feel like you're with the love of your life, then i'd figure you would want to stick with him/her, try talking and thinking for a change

Please explain

what if its not worth suffering?
I see this happen all the time
I had friends who've been in relationships where they fight and fight and fight until enough is enough. but then they realized that one can't function without the other, they go back together after a few months. It happens so often that its dumb.

it's definitely not always perfect, yeah. there's always going to be bumps in the road, but sometimes it's worth examining if those bumps are really worth it.
that's... understandable. I know exactly where you are, and it's hard to figure out what to do.
it's possible you may or may not find someone that makes you feel the same way again. but if this is making you hurt, maybe you need to try understanding what part of it is making you hurt to be with them. then you can work to diagnose the problem.
that's actually really vague! there's a lot of ways people--and you've deleted your post. okay.
that's... a very unhealthy way to look at things, in my experience. sometimes suffering happens, sure, but if all it results in is suffering it isn't a very healthy or fulfilling relationship.

Thanks for having me over man
I'm gonna hit the hay and honk honk again tomorrow

Perhaps we will meet again!

I'm trying really hard but just being around them makes it worse. If I could just find a way to get off on my own I know I'll be okay but I don't know if they would be. I don't want to just abandon them, I just don't want to hurt anymore.

It's not like I haven't tried. We keep having this long heartfelt talks but then things happen and then we end up right back where we started. The same things get repeated over and over and I just don't know what to say anymore.

I feel neglected. They don't have time for me anymore. People are drawn to them just because of how wonderful she really is so time is spent there rather than when it used to be just the two of us. She's all I had and the way things are I just realized how redundant I am. Replaceable even.

>you are loved

Thanks user, same for you.

Any of you know any places me and my girl can fuck?
>Our houses are always full, my car is kind of small, and she is scared of hotels/motels

Maybe the forest. Bring like a towel or something to cover your ground. A friend's house who's willing to help.

rest well, friend.
have you said that you feel neglected and discussed it? even if she spends time with others and you feel redundant and replaceable, she chose to be with you. she probably doesn't feel that way, and if you voice your concerns very seriously, you'll see if she's willing to listen to them.
I hope you have a good night, hon

I guess it's worth a try.

Hey man thanks, just getting this off my chest really helped. You and everyone else. You guys are great. I think it's I'm gonna sleep on it. You all take care.

sleep well.

Hope it works for you, and have good dreams, user