ITT post your job,career,salary,age. What does Sup Forums do and are you happy with your choice?

ITT post your job,career,salary,age. What does Sup Forums do and are you happy with your choice?

Unemployed 40yo white male...whose hiring???

Motorsport photographer/Ops Manager, 35k yr, 33

Was on here yesterday in same thread. Working on my personal camera gear where I can jump off and make about 3-5k a day solo.

>Assistant Account Manager for a private security contractor.
>43k
>30 years old

meh. It’s not bad for my area. Very low cost of living. And, I have no education other than High School Diploma. My wife makes around 46k as an Admin Assistant with a GED.

We have no debt, own our own home, cars, etc. Putting massive amounts into our 401ks and IRAs every year. I really wouldn’t change anything, I guess.

janitor
game dev
400/week
just financed a house, goodbye millennial rent trap

how'd you get that job, curious?

Electronics benchwork
Avionics
About 40k before taxes

For now sure, got a nice car, get to sit and listen to music and dick around with electronics all day. Only time I get stressed out are when I have a ton of shit come in at once or the FAA does their dumbass inspections.

Sales Engineer for equipment manufacturer
$85K base + uncapped commissions (was $53K in 2017) + up to $30K bonus (hit $24K in 2017)
23 years old

No, not happy with my decision. I majored in chemical engineering. I should have majored in computer science, I'd be 50% more for 50% less work.

they have an opening for a fellatio engineer behind the dumpsters at your local gay bar

Worked my way up from Paul Blart: Mall Cop. Started as mall security in 2010.

curious, how'd you get THAT job?

Never worked

Generate $10K/mo from investments, plus my parents give me a small allowance

24 years old

Very happy with the decisions I've made.

damn, wish I had parents to support me

question, what's your living situation?
pay rent? own home? live w/ parents with free food and utilities?

because 10k a month? god damn dude.

Military overseas contractor
475/day tax free (no days off)
24 yrs
Afghan sucks, someone give me a job back in the states pls.

Stuck my dick in a blender. They were impressed.

My parents don't support me. Their allowance is very small - the minority of my income.

I own two condos out right - one in Miami and one in SF. I just pay the HOA fee.

No one lies on the internet. No one.

Damn...I don't know where that is...but I bet you could give me directions!!!

software engineer
146k base + bonus / equity

yeah i'm happy with my choices

I earn 0 $/h.

My monthly expenses amount to 0 $.

I eat mushrooms and roaches that i grow in my garden and my roachfarm.

My computer is self-built.

I wear simple, thick clothes which is usually enough to fend off the cold, no gas needed.

I produce my own electricity as well with the help of gas from my composts.

Sometimes I banter a bit when I ride into the city with my bike to buy some neat stuff.

>CNC Machinist
>65-75k (depends on overtime)
>27

The company is paying for my engineering degree so that is nice. I didn't really choose this field, more like fell into it.

>Sales Engineer
wut? they are just throwing that title around like it means nothing now huh?

fruit stacking manager. 69k Australian 30.
err idk, im okay with it.. its a living.

>be me
>graduate from world class university (Stanford) at age 19 with bachelors degree in chemical engineering
>graduate from good univeristy (UW Madison) at age 21 with a masters degree in chemical engineering
>have EIT
>be 1 year away from PE
>"hurr durr ur not engineer"

employee at a hardware store, 30k, 23. Went to school for electrical technician. dont know if i should continue school or just go into the workforce.
idk what im doing with my life.

>Sales
>Engineer
pick one

>look mom, this anonymous imageboard can let you tell strangers things you wish were really true!

you guys must be new...didn't you get the memo...everyone is an engineer now...EVERYONE!!!...
janitor/custodian, nope...environmental services "engineer"...
school security guard, nope...student safety "engineer"...
tool crib attendant, nope...tool inventory "engineer"...job market sucks these days because all companies seem to put how one feels about their shiny job title rather than doing a good fucking job at anything!!!

where the fuck do you make 146k - i'm a SE working for a big corp in the southwest and make 1/3rd of your salary..

nyc famalam.

i used to live in houston making ~66k. you gotta move to where the money is at, which gives you sf, nyc, and maybe seattle.

>doesn't realize they pay higher there because the cost of living is fucking outrageous

How you enjoying that gas bill this winter?

So salty for a window licking engineer! Are you unhappy with your choice of window?

Property underwriter for insurance company, 28, $115k + super + bonus (probably $15k). Australian

Pretty happy with choice. Good job, have to do a lot of the marketing so out of the office a lot and wage will keep going up for a few more years. Uni drop out, started in admin making $32k when I was 22

I flirted with Amazon not so long ago and the salary range was around your ballpark but...after further research it sounded like working for Amazon would be submitting to slavery...but then again you are correct, unless you move out of your comfort zone you get the shaft..

I literally have documentation from the state of California saying I'm an engineer.

Doctor.
16224 USD a year ;_;
29 y.o

I'm not happy with my choice.

>muh cost of living
I pay $1500/month in rent living in brooklyn which isn't astronomical for any major metro. My utilities this month were ~$100 and half of that was my gigabit fiber internet.

just because some morons living here willingly throw 3k+/m away on rent doesn't mean you have to. I max out my IRA every year and put about 40-50k/yr into savings depending on what stupid spending I do during the year (travel/luxury watches/motorcycles/etc).

so yeah, not really minding my $16 gas bill much.

amazon is a great place to work as a software engineer. bezos is an incredibly talented leader and the company shows it. you'd work with smart people, a mature structure, with a lot of autonomy on projects that reach millions of people.

if i was going to work for any of the big 4, it'd be amazon.

28,sys admin / Dio
15k/year
thats it,my masters from CS means shit in here.

Holy shit you're right I didn't realize I'm paying $80K/yr on heat.

$20K/month during the winter. I also somehow don't spend less on AC during the summer.

This barely puts be ahead (as I'll draw more SS / get a better 401K match etc).

Fuck man, I didn't do the math.

good for you...what do you want???...a metal???...or a chest to pin it to???

Software Engineer, $120,000/yr, 24 years old. Yeah I'm very happy with it. Stay in school kids

20k a month on heat... you live in a fucking superdome nigger?

Chef at Wendys
11.50/hr

he was being sarcastic

Id like a metal... I prefer aluminum

you too?? - jesus....guess I do need to fucking move soon..

here ya go...they were all out of aluminum though!!!

I work in Los Angeles

US govt term employee. Database management, GIS, Python shit. Some cartography.

32k, no benefits.

I'm a recent graduate and the cost of living my area is not too bad, so i live Ok.
Nonetheless, I did not go to university to make $15 an hour with no benefits. Im sure its great experience so I can get one of those soulless, corporate, so-called-'entry level' positions with minimum 2 years experience when I'm good and dead the inside from working for the government.

Ehh, what can you do?
Platinum will certainly look nice inside my asshole. Good looking out user!

That's bad man, I'm guessing you are from Argentina right? Doctors have shit salaries here

Chef at Wendy’s 15 per hour

Business Analyst
$70k/yr with very low cost of living

No college, just learned and put in my time. The first 15yrs I was getting fucked at $30-45k. Switched companies and got a massive pay increase. Extremely happy now.

Controls Designer. 46k

> cyber security consultant
> $120k
> 22 y/o

Couldn't be happier. I hack into people's shit for a living and get to make fun of stupid IT grunts when I find holes. Occasionally I get to break into buildings too

teacher without degree teaching ESL

Custodian/Bus driver for a local school
18.25 hr
Make around 25k before taxes.
Part time of course.
Have time to go to school before work so I think im doing pretty well right now.

>Donut delivery / English tutor
>$55/night / $20/hour
>30

I make the bulk of my income through tutoring and I picked up the second job delivering donuts (4 hours/night) to keep me afloat during down seasons. I made $18k last year delivering and ~$35k tutoring.

I'm pretty happy with how my life has turned out in regards to my work. Absolutely zero stress from work, a hell of a lot of free time, and I'm totally free to choose my own hours in both jobs.

Chemical operator

Systems Engineering Manager, Space industry, $170K, 38, very satisfied with my current job, but it is such a competitive industry I can only count on 3-4 years before a oay cut might happen. the real money is at VP level - no idea how to break through

> Waiter in higher end restaurant in aus
> 27.5/hr Casual (usually ~50k year) + tips (20-25k year)
> 24yo