I'm trying to plan a little trip with the boys through some haunted or plain creepy territory...

I'm trying to plan a little trip with the boys through some haunted or plain creepy territory. I want to keep it confined to the east coast, pic related. Posted in /x/ and got some responses but thread is dead. Sup Forums have any recommendations?
>supposedly haunted establishments
>strange woodland patches
>shit like that

Other urls found in this thread:

wvpentours.com/tours_private.htm
massresort.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

NC and SC are apparently pretty active in Paranormal stuff, if you want to diverge away from the East coast a little Louisiana is fucken creepy due to all the voodoo/hoodoo shit.

Hells Church Canton GA

Good point. I forgot to mention I'm willing to see options a little off the coast, but not going to cross country to Colorado or something like that.

FL is completely off the list there any no good haunting's(at least near the bay area) that you can get into with out having the have express documentation on.

skinwalker ranch

Quick rundown?
What about any forest or swamp? I would imagine the everglades or being close to Louisiana might warrant some interesting shit

user, i know it's a bit out of the way, but you should seriously consider a detour to wv. i'm not really into all this shit, but i've got a few friends that are and there are some prisons, asylums, and old farms/homesteads that are pretty well known within the wv paranormal circles.

Charleston SC is known as the most haunted city in the US. They do tours of all the haunted graveyards and houses around October. I'm not sure if they are available at other times of the years. Bonus, a lot of the plantations and graveyards are creepy as fuck at night, as the Spanish moss makes the trees look like they're coming down to eat you.

Google Charleston Ghost Tours.

the Everglades are creepy but I would just make it a drive by situation, I wouldn't get out and walk around

Having lived in VA, I can say that both the Virginia's are fucking creepy.

Farthest out I'll go is Wisconsin/Illinois/Mississippi. States beyond that border would only be considered if extreme shit's been reported

this guy knows. also there are all kinds of strange almost abandoned little settlements off the "highway" in WV that are creepy as fuck

ha, yea, wvfag here, been here my whole life. speaking of va, op should check out fredricksburg. lots of civil war ghost stuffs.
also, while op isn't trying to shit their pants and give their kids ptsd, the beauty of appalachia is hard to match :D gotta shill for my state niggas

wv is just west of va :P

I'll include it because it looks like it got some hype

Shenandoah Mountain my dude, that was the shit

What's there?

it's not a haunted location just gorgeous due to the view being 360' good place to visit during the day or right a sun set, I only remember going there as a kid,(5-12) and remembering how awesome it looked.

mtv filmed at the old state prison and they do overnight stays and stuff. unfortunately that's as specific as i can get. i think we have one of those areas that looks like it's going uphill when it's really just going slightly downhill and people say ghosts are pushing the car but idk where it is. i'm sure it'll be easy to find stuff to do. even just camping can be creepy as fuck, this is the state that pic related is set in. oh! also, check out all the mothman shit in pt pleasant too.

The prison lets people stay overnight? And why can't you get more specific?

sounds amazeballs. i've been to blackwater falls, hawks nest, snowshoe, and some kind of wetland park but i don't remember the name of it. there's some excellent cabins just inside of ky as well. i'm a fucking nerd for that kinda shit. i'm a fat fuck neckbeard but if i can drive there and the hike isn't too bad i'll go.
just to be on topic, i just remembered that blennerhassett island has some haunted shit too. went there in elementary school.

it's just not my thing so i never really pay a lot of attn when people talk about it. i'm a sciencefag, i just was really into creepy shit when i was little and so i know a lot of people into creepy shit. i'm fairly positive you can book an overnighter at the prison, one sec and i'll google it for ya.

you can drive right up to the top

wvpentours.com/tours_private.htm
yup, they do have overnight stuffs.

overnight stays are from 10:00pm to 4:00am and are $1099 for a private group of up to 20 ppl and $75 per person for public overnight tours.

Do the Pine Barrens in NJ have any potential?

dood that's only 5.5 hrs away, i'll hafta talk to some friends and see if we can find some cabins in the area. ty user!

massresort.com/
it's the closest one I know of, but you can probably find better

will hafta go around late autumn, early winter. usually best rates for cabins, and nothing beats a hot tub outside in the winter.

That shit ain't on the east coast.

CT baby, Newton. Abandoned Fairfield Hills asylum. In Middlebury there is also a dilapidated home for the afflicted called the traing school. It's in shambles, has no funding, and accepts no new patients. Will close when the last die. Hella creepy vibes.

How does one take a look at the training school?

Centralia PA

dejarnette sanitarium, if it's still up. it's an abandoned insane asylum in va. when i was kid, me and my buddies would spend most of our free time exploring it