King Gizzard and the lizzard wizzard

I went and saw them live the other day and it made me wonder what Sup Forums thought about them.

>it's an Sup Forums is one person episode
I hate filler content, change the channel.

I’m sorry i will admit I’m newer to this

its ok user

I like em. Theyre alright. Quarters is great

They've taken a turn into being hot garbage. Nonagon Infinity, Murder of the Universe, Flying Microtonal Banana, all garbage. Sketches is pretty decent.

In Your Mind Fuzz, Quarters and Paper Mache Dream Balloon are all great. Oddments has some great tracks but is bad overall.

I guessed we have different taste. All the albums you mentioned as crap i found quite enjoyable. Actually i have found them all enjoyable.

Murder of the Universe is the only release of value from them

Though that distorted vocals thing they did on Float Along Fill Your Lungs got pretty old pretty fast

The first listening i got pretty annoyed by the voiceover but after a few listenings it didn’t bother me anymore

The idea and concept was good but it's plagued by the same grating production and writing style that made Nonagon Infinity so unbearable. I would have been a great album if another band made it.

Nonagon's Mastering and mixing is so aweful, but Murder of the universe sounds good to me

incorrect opinions

The production quality isnt great I’ll give you that but whats wrong with their writing style?

Mind Fuzz > Nonagon > FMB > Float Along = PMDB > 12 Bar > MOTU > Sketches > Oddments

What do you guys think about the whole microtonal thing?

Far too much repetition.

Generally awful mastering/production but hey i still like it i kind of enjoy that style

I keep meaning to listen to Flying Microtonal Banana but everything I've heard off of it so far has been boring as fuck. Like maybe it's interesting in context but it just seems like they somehow managed to make microtonal music sound limited and stale.

RATTLESNAKE
RATTLESNAKE
RATTLESNAKE

If you're new, then lurk more, faggot.

The mixing was like that intentionally. Creates a raw and warm sound, the underlying vocals and the sounds overlaying creates a more energising feel.
The repetition is kind of the point of the album, each track borrows ideas from others and forms a fast moving nine track monster. Try listening to the album while running or something.

Nonagon > FMB > IIYMF > Sketches > PMDB > FAFYL > MOTU > 12 Bar > Quarters! > a pile of dogshit > Oddments

Did you see them in portland at the Crystal Ballroom? I was there a couple days earlier seeing J.D. McPherson. I stole a King Gizzard poster out of one of the bathrooms. woulda been cool to see them too.

I just got out of their concert in Van. Pic related. 10/10.

agree with this except i really think sketches is around the same spot as 12 bar / quarters, not that great imo

Idk, I really liked it. Thought it was a nice change up. Obviously it's not a master piece, but I enjoyed what I heard.

glad you enjoy it user

the book is one of my favourite tracks from the band

How was the concert? I saw them last year right after Nonagon came out and it was fucking nuts. Lots of moshing, throwing beer and fights, probably the most fun I've had at any show.

I was in the front of the pit under the disco balls. I got smooshed, thrown, slammed and whacked and it was amazing. One guy passing blunts. Pretty good for my first "real" (not seated stadium rock) show.

Only truth here

You can ignore the thread

Yes, but the people want to know: how can you be so wrong?