Godtier books pls

Godtier books pls

bump

Personal favorites:
Guards! Guards!
Shogun
Dune

thank you!

Anyone have any good art book reccomendations?

No problem user. They're all from amazing series of books too, check out whichever one you like.

The Devil in the White City: Murder, Magic, and Madness at the Fair That Changed America

It's about the 1892 World's Fair and H.H. Holmes, the first documented serial killer.

Thank you those both seem interesting!

>Anyone have any good art book reccomendations?

Exquisite Corpse: Surrealism and the Black Dahlia Murder

If you really want to get into the nitty gritty details, this book is really good.

Hm, I was looking for something more along the lines of mystery, science fiction, horror, thriller(suspense/horror)

but thank you~

Sadly I have no imagination and read almost exclusively non-fiction.

But in my youth I read some. I'd recommend Xanth stuff, Myth (Another Fine Myth, etc), Dune, Bill the Galactic Hero, and The Stainless Steel Rat.

>The Stainless Steel Rat
Thank you, The Stainless Steel Rat sees interesting

Literally my favorite series of all time, was the source of my first 2 screen names back in '88. Even met Harry before he died, the only author I've met.

Adam Roberts
Iain M Banks
Robert Rankin
Shirley Jackson
Cormac McCarthy

Just some awesome authors

Fucking pesants

Name of the wind
100 years of solitude
The alchemist
Thus spake zathursta
If you see Buddha in the middle of the road kill him
Ready player one

Don't forget to add a diverse array of books to your library.

>teh alchemist
Are you 14?

I nominate Paradise Lost

The Name of the Rose
The Brothers Karamazov
The Count of Monte Cristo
Crime and Punishment
The Idiot

Doestoevsky is the truth.

Milton, gross, might as well include sound and fury. God tir books

thank you

>Milton, gross
You coward, you utter idiot

Any book or story by H.P. Lovecraft is god tier

House of Leaves and Only Revelutions by Mark Z Danielewski
Lolita by Nabokov is the most beautifully written book I have ever read. It's prose is perfect. I would recommend that book purely because of its prose.

In what way

Literary beauty as well as fantastic ideas. I really love his sentences and adjectives.

They’re just really hard to read, not godtier

Oh shit find the beta

Nigger smoke a bowl and read one. His sentences are art. Fuck you if they're hard.

I mean they take a while to understand, call me restarted if you want but it’s not very pleasant reading his books

I just flipped through some. I wouldn't say it's a necessarily difficult, or a heavy read, like being and nothingness. But then again he uses a lot of made up terms or words to describe his elder things, so it would make sense that these can stumble people.
Art is subjective my dude. It's alright stuff but imho it doesn't seem god tier (even if elder things are kinda ironic for that).

For me it's a lot like doom metal. Every word feels very very heavy and you have to have a very stern understanding of what each word means rapidly.

>>>>>>>>pushes doom metal and hp lovecraft
Confirmed 17 year old.

Why would you include his penis size?

I hate how pretentious this list sounds, but those are all great books, so I can't actually complain.

house of leaves

I loved the mountains of madness

color out of space is pretty good too

Moby Motherfucking Dick. Melville is King.

I thought House of leaves would be this amazing book but I felt like I wasted my time reading it. Yea it's an interesting concept. Somewhat confusing. I was really disappointed.

# The Mind behind ISIS

Did you go I expecting it to be a horror story? The main plot very much became a love story and the second plot was kinda neat because it both parodies the over analysis of ivory towers of academia and is best understood with it. I think the first 300 pages are pretty dry. Only revolutions is a lot drier I found

i have heard count of monte christo is great; it, and probably the others, are available free audiobooks online

we have a resident at my work named Ishmael believe it or not!

bump