Literally never shown any interest in music

>literally never shown any interest in music
>don't the name of songs everyone knows
>feel left out as fuck all the time
this is literally me. give me a fucking massive list of god damn everything I need to listen to right now.

>pic related, me trying to expose myself to music

read the sticky

start with dark side of the moon

If you don't know the songs everyone knows maybe this isn't the best place to search for popular music.

Do you know basic pleb stuff like white stripes, nirvana, arctic monkeys, merzbow, etc?

this is quite comprehensive

Start with plainsong then work your way up to more complex works.

The Beatles

When has Merzbow been pleb shit

Just listen to random stuff till you find something you like

This.

OP, you have come to the wrong place, Sup Forums is autistic and eclectic as fuck. Go on youtube and find something you like. There us no way you have never heard of any musical artist, so type them in and start listening. If you don't like it, good job! You have eliminated something. Go through the suggested videos to find similar stuff.

Here's the most important part: read about what you listen to. Wikipedia is fine. Learn about the genres and stuff so you can start to get a feel for what you like.

Seriously, don't bother trying to build your knowledge here, it's a bad move.

He's baiting, silly.

This might not be the best place. The board mostly listens to indie music, and has disdain for pop. It sounds like you don't even know much pop. People here are going to tell you to listen to weird shit to screw with you, or stuff that requires a certain amount of musical experience.

If you want basic, important shit, Beatles was hugely influential. Nirvana is a household name, mainly because of the lead singer's suicide. It's pretty good rock music that's really popular among normal people around my age and a little younger (don't know how old you are). Maybe Gorillaz. Some Radiohead (Start with OK computer or Kid A. Maybe listen to current top 40 music.

Or you could just jump right into this guy's chart. it IS mostly good music, and you're bound to find something you like. It's just a lot of it might be weird without the context of pop music that they exist in.

Current top 40 music is unlistenable

To you and to me, but not necessarily to someone who's basically never heard music before.

If you just want to get into music to socialize listen to the stuff your friends like, if not, try a bit of everything until you find the stuff you like

Here's your normie starter pack:

Abbey Road - The Beatles
Is This It - The Strokes
Nevermind - Nirvana
What's The Story Morning Glory - Oasis
Legend - Bob Marley
Kind of Blue - Miles Davis

Youtube 'best songs by' the following artists to get a feel;

Elvis
Madonna
James Brown
Iron Maiden
The Smiths
Wu-Tang Clan

And then if you've developed some sense of taste, just google 'similar artists/bands to...' whatever you like.

Record stores are your best friend. There's always some hidden gem or two to find at your local thrift shop or pawn shop, especially Goodwill.

If Borders still existed, I would totally recommend it.

And also, going to RYM, looking up the charts and browsing albums/songs will help. If you go to the "Esoteric" section, there will be lots of interesting albums you've never even heard of.

Really he should do both, no point in having taste if you're an autist

this, ask your friends. if you don't have any, google "best songs ever" and listen. and get off Sup Forums, it's legitimately not helpful unless you're at a certain level of music knowledge (and even then it's pretty toxic)

This is a helpful post, OP. More helpful than mine.

T.

>it IS mostly good music
fucking lol. try,
>it IS all complete shit

Holy shit do you seriously have nothing better to do all day than post picture some k pop star.

/my/ is good if you want to explore, it's not so great if you want to have a grasp on popular music

>there are people browsing this board RIGHT NOW who are more autistic and less informed than the most basic plebians
Never feel bad about yourselves, there's always someone worse.

People that don't listen to music are better than basic plebeians imo