Background music

ITT: albums that are perfect for listening to while doing something else.

Holy shit, I remember this from the windows 7 computers we had in high school

>listening to while doing something else.

Why would you even do that?

>not being into ambient, drone, noise, lowercase

Lol it's on my laptop

You never listen to anything while browsing Sup Forums?

I especially like soft melodic music for when im drawing.

I'm into drone and noise, but I wouldn't listen to either ambiently. See, I actually enjoy listening to music user.

While I'm browsing, sure. Browsing Sup Forums doesn't take any kind of concentration, and my focus still stays almost entirely on the music. I pause the music if I have to write more than a few words though. What's the point if you're not going to be properly taking it in?

Whats the point of a beautiful summer day if you arent 100% concentrated on basking in the sun?

Are you serious? What's your age and current life status (not an argument, but just trying to figure out if actually autistic, or young and needs to be taken seriously autistic)? I also prefer to listen actively to my music, but also do some relatively passive listening too. See, it doesn't have to be one or the other.

Regarding noise and drone I have a hard time believing you're a big fan. The length of most albums in those genres make it almost impossible to listen actively, and considering how the music tends to be made, it's a ridiculous idea that that's the way it's supposed to be heard. Sure, if you enjoy it go ahead - but don't pretend like that's the point. Part of the beauty is how it digs into your subconscious and becomes part of your current state of being, much more than the music itself. Don't be that kind of autist user.

Is this pleb general or something? Nothing wrong if you have a busy life and can't find the time to actively listen to much music, but to listen to music passively as if to make up for that is sickening.

t. autist

user you realise it's literally just you pretty much that feels like this? you're literally t. pretentious autist i bet you smell your own farts purely because you made them.

You can't truly eat something and say "it taste good" without doing absolutely nothing but eating the food.

Do you really think that's equivalent? Sunshine is not a complex network of organised relationships and symbols (in the semiotic sense) intended to draw on and play off your every experience.

Don't get me wrong, sunshine's great and all, and maybe a sunshine-drenched view is worth a few minutes of active consideration, but music's got a whole lot more going on to enjoy.

>Are you serious?
Well, yeah. I mean, sure, I'm not a robot, there are shades of active attention, and like I said, sometimes I'll do something idly that doesn't require a whole lot of concentration while I'm listening to music, but I'm still definitively ~listening to the music~ rather than having it on in the background.

I don't really get what the point of music is if you're not listening to it... Like is it just a comfort thing for you? Are you just so uncomfortable with silence that you'd rather have something (anything) there to just act as white noise? I guess I just don't get that panic.

>Regarding noise and drone I have a hard time believing you're a big fan. The length of most albums in those genres make it almost impossible to listen actively,

Ah, so is it just that you have a short attention span then? If that's the case, why don't you listen to faster, more rapidly-changing genres?

>considering how the music tends to be made, it's a ridiculous idea that that's the way it's supposed to be heard.

Why's that?

>don't pretend like that's the point.

I wasn't aware there was a great 'point' - a correct way that all noise and drone music is meant to be listened to. I just don't understand the way you like to listen, and you clearly don't understand the way I like to listen.

>Part of the beauty is how it digs into your subconscious and becomes part of your current state.

You know a great way to make something become part of your current state? Make it part of your current state. Why all this coy toying around with it? It's a bit like you're trying to peek at a painting from between your fingers. Just look at the thing.

You're literally the embodiment of the "Holy Shit, i'm so much better than you" meme

I think that every child at the age of ten should be given the entire works of Radiohead with a note that says, `Listen and understand, and these songs will tell you everything you need to know about what you will feel and go through for the rest of your life and you will realize that you aren`t the only person who feels like this...'.
This band has been an important reference for several bands that tried to get into the music industry by searching something reliable. You always trust Radiohead because of the charm and the feeling they give off. Honestly this band invented a new genre through the weirdest vibes ever attained and the bravest rock/electronic mixes which makes the sound be assessed as flawless and inspired. It's totally tough to find out any akin bands as most groups omit dedication whilst playing, allegedly fostered by the thought of the income and the chance of piling up millions banknotes. That's why music needs to be searched thoroughly. I figured out too many bands rush out an album for a personal advantage, instead a tiny number of bands keeps looking for pure job and aimless pleasure.
Now let's talk about "Paranoid Android". This is a fantastic song. The part between the moaning/rain down and the "god loves his children" is one of the best pieces of music ever written.
I've never seen musicians who didn't have a sense of humor, no matter how dark or twisted it might be (especially old musicians). You don't really see a sense of humor with newer musicians. That's one reason I enjoy Radiohead. They're fucked up. I like that.

I literally conceded that "I just don't understand the way you like to listen, and you clearly don't understand the way I like to listen" to have you throw it in my face, and I'm the one with a superiority complex?

Alright buddy.

what do you guys do while listening to music in the background? the only time i listen to music in the background is when i'm playing vidya. otherwise i'm cooking, driving, walking, playing my instrument, maybe browsing Sup Forums, or doing nothing, all of which take very little focus away from the music. i sure as hell don't read with music on.

I think we understand active listening. Its you who doesnt understand that its not the only way to listen.

browse Sup Forums, draw, go for a walk, drive car, read (instrumental only)

i would never listen when playing vidya though, unless its something grindy like an MMO

is this a copypasta
i'm a newfag please tell me

>one's superior to the other so why would you ever want to do the other
sometimes you want burgers

I have never seen it but I guarantee it is

I can't listen while reading/working/doing coursework, the music is too distracting. I listen to music basically always when I'm playing vidya because I prefer other stuff to the soundtrack. Especially playing a bunch of multiplayer matches in a row I have music blasting, or on quietly if i'm trying to talk. I'm super distracted from the music at this point but still enjoying the experience more than I would without it.
I dunno how to answer OP's question though because I'll listen to literally anything I enjoy while I play

when i am programming, i like listening to songs ibam familiar with, it let's me focus on my work and i don't have to listen to my coworkers speaking

Well, you made it pretty clear that you didn't even think it was possible to listen to drone or noise actively, let alone understood why someone would do so. Therefore, you don't understand how I listen to music; you said so yourself.

At least I can admit I don't get how you listen.

I guess I get it as a mask for more annoying sounds. That makes sense to me.

i also like to listen to drone, noise, lowercase and ambient black metal actively. i mostly meditate to drone and ambient noise desu

HOLY SHIT THIS THIS THIS

i listen to music while i do everything more or less. wtf.... who doesnt?

>not listening to music with standing still staring at a wall
holy shit, plebs