Progfags BTFO

Progfags BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

autismspeaks.org
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also, Pet Sounds is now 9 and ITAOTS passed doolittle and is the #1 folk (yeah, of all folk) and #1 indie rock album of all time. Lots of other changes, too.

1. OKC has been #1 since like forever
2. Pink Floyd isn't really the best example of prog rock anyway

Kid A is now 4, my man.

Can they stop already with that faggy act of giving newer albums better positions? They changed the algorithm to favor the newer albums six times in last few years.

I mean if people give better ratings to older music, let them be, why change the algorithm constantly. Are site admins poptimists and le right generationers?

By what exactly? Arbitrary numerical ratings on RYM?

>4/5 are British
More like burgers btfo

>To Pimp a Butterfly is now Top 50 all time
This site is crashing and burning. It's also dumb that GKMC is like ten spots lower, even though it has a higher score and more ratings, just because it's three years older.

I hope Kid A gets on the top
Or at least in the top three

This. The Velvet Underground is ridiculously overrated.

what's this site?

I don't like both floyd and radiohead so this is fine

rateyourmusic.com

>Hounds of Love in the top 100 now
Only good change I see

>numale
This pic shows just how dadrock centric rym is

judging by the taste, reddit

autismspeaks.org

Anybody else pissed Liquid Sword is getting lower and lower in the top 100. I fear it might exit it.

> rock music
ayy

what the fuck does Sup Forums, reddit and rym see in radiohead jeez
you'd think it's the end all of music

Pink Floyd isn't Prog

Shut the fuck up, new music doesn't had to be shitty mainstream pop all the time

Yeah, even though I like Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, and The Who, they for sure don't belong in the Top 100 and maybe not even in the Top 500.

Idiot.

Is radiohead the most overrated band of all time?

Yes

The best selling album of all time was made by an American

ever heard of a little English band called The Beatles?

And?
AC/DC has the second highest sales of an album, does this mean they're the greatest rock band of all time?

Come on lad.

The rating system is so dumb, Velvet Underground and Nico is rated significantly and should be higher up.

typical american mindset, valuing success/money over talent/intrinsic value. hope you're proud of ur society my man enjoy 201x

So talent and intrinsic value is determined by a bunch of pretentious 16 year olds who for the most part can't describe music past "i like this" or "I don't like this"?
Neat!

Nice straw man argument my dude. Rym's legitimacy is not the point as I'm sure you've noticed.

In the topic at hand and with the dichotomy you established after ignoring rym's value by immediately talking about profit, it's safe to say you take the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ side. Or are you saying profit is a better measure of talent? If so, youve still proven my point my dude.

stay in school

But its determined by boomers buying three different formats of an average Michael Jackson album because they kept losing their old copies?

i think there should be a threshold where the amount of ratings don't matter in factoring the score.

it's kinda ridiculous that tvu&n is so low despite having much higher scores

The problem isn't that they've changed the algorithm to favor newer albums, it's that they have been continuously changing it to place more emphasis on number of ratings
Which is why the #1 ranked album of 2017 has been DAMN. for nearly the entire year despite a relatively mediocre average rating
Luckily, Sonemic is implementing a feature whereby the user viewing the chart can choose to weight popularity more or less heavily, potentially solving this problem

Everyone's rating weight is different though. Also the genre has a big part in it too

THE

I don't see any prog on that list

you're not wrong but really the whole thing is a retarded shitshow fuckfest