MLS

>MLS

Americanadians who follow this woeful excuse of a league in an equally pathetic sport, Why?
Do you actually take MLS as a league seriously?

It's quite a fun league and is rapidly growing. At it's current rate, it will have a bigger viewership than Serie A does, and if it continues in it's ambition to be the next EPL, you will see it start dominating other American sports.

Plus, now that they've decided to go after 26 years old that wouldn't be stars in Europe, South America, but would in North America, the league has become more exciting, especially with Giovinco, Lodeiro, and a lot of the US National Team players.

So, stop being a piece of shit and support the MLS. The All-Stars were good enough to beat Bayern, Chelsea, Tottenham, etc, after all.

because its fun you stupid cuck

do you not enjoy fun?

MLS is a disease

Why are you so butthurt?

Nobody in this country even thinks about soccer. Get necked.

>It's quite a fun league and is rapidly growing. At it's current rate, it will have a bigger viewership than Serie A does, and if it continues in it's ambition to be the next EPL, you will see it start dominating other American sports.
None of this is relevant. Why are you trying so hard to kiss European ass and ingratiate yourself with them? Americans make fun of your league and the rest of the world cringes at the MLS so who exactly are you trying to impress
>So, stop being a piece of shit and support the MLS
The league is a bad euroimitation project and the sport itself is dumb
Do you even have a whit of an idea how cringy Brit-wannabe MLS fans are?
It's also good to have around for comic relief.

nice bait.

Even though they play the same game, the MLS is quite different in comparison to the EPL, Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1, and Bundes, but you'd actually have to watch the sport to know these things.

>None of this is relevant.
Yet it is. Considering that the MLS now has games being broadcasted in Europe and in South America, with actual viewership, and having audience attendance be larger than one of Europe's Top 5 leagues is huge.

Calling something bait and then running away has to be one of the laziest copouts in all of chan culture.
>Europe
>EUROPE
>PLEASE NOTICE ME AND LOVE ME BIG STRONG EUROPEANS
Are you starting to get why nearly everyone in America (who knows about the MLS) thinks you're faggots?

Because we're trying to emulate the success of Europe and do it better?

It's pretty fun to watch tbqh

Not him but from the looks of it, you are all just trying to blindly copy everything Europe as part of some cargo-cult attempt at developing and maturing a professional soccer in America.

I mean really, who in the world with an IQ above 110 actually thought to themselves "Real Salt Lake is a perfectly fitting name for a soccer team in Utah"?

Not to mention Sporting Kansas, Atlanta, Minnesota, and DC United, and Houston Dynamo.

>MLELS

>It's an "OP doesn't understand basic economics" episode

because theres occasionally some really neat goals, and its important to support your local league(s)

>Do you actually take MLS as a league seriously?

not at all

you're just upset you cant harness the power of memes in crowd banter

I support my local teams. Non American teams are irrelevant to me because I can't watch them live.

>nycfc_ultras.jpg

desu i should probably almost care since several finns suddenly play there but i don't

Yeah the whole sporting/real/fc/sc addendums on the team names are really unnecessarily cringey and off-putting for no other reason than to sound European.

>all the defensive tards ITT

Because I don't give a CRUD

Here we go again...

>Makes this argument
>Weekend morning EPL games easily beat the shit out of MLS games ratings

>Caring about "muh attendance"
Those empty seats sure look filled

This.

It's like the mongs who watch the UK ice hockey league

Always see these spastics in their jerseys out and about before games are on

it my team la
come on you loons la
season tickets since 2013 la
construction on home stadium still hasn't. started la

***CLAP***

>some cargo-cult attempt at developing and maturing a professional soccer in America.
literally the most concise description of MLS' fundamental problem that i've seen on the internet.

I enjoy watching a local team that I can actually go and see play in person.

I meant that literally. You didn't get it.

Multiple Lateral Scelruouiisisius.

I'm not sure how you were able to spin it so that people who watch MLS are the ones desperate for Euro validation instead of the Americans who crowd bars on weekend mornings, decked out in jerseys from teams they've never seen live, to watch soccer being played an ocean away. Being this desperate for UK flags on Sup Forums to notice you for watching the Premier League is pathetic.

Support your local league. MLS tried to be more American in the '90s and it didn't work.

>MLS as a league seriously?

No only hipsters do because it's "edgy" and counterculture.

I'm gonna get the last laugh when MLS finally kicks off (pun intended) and I finally cement myself as a lifelong fan.

Tell me another sport with as many enthusiastic fans as the MLS.

I'll wait.

>The league is a bad euroimitation project
MLS is nothing like our leagues
>Franchised clubs
>no relegation

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL
U
P
P
O
R
T

Y
O
U
R

L
O
C
A
L

I don't think that's what he was referring to m8. I love soccer and I've been watching the MLS team in my city for a long time, but the other fans are really off-putting because they are LARPing

>the MLS

>pls yuropoors accept me
>L-look I hate mls too

>So, stop being a piece of shit and support the MLS. The All-Stars were good enough to beat Bayern, Chelsea, Tottenham, etc, after all.

Those were friendlies, completely meaningless. The MLS All-Stars are not as good as any of those teams and would get annihilated by them in a competitive match.

That being said, I do like MLS, it's fun to watch even though my team is awful.

Cheap tickets and beer. It's a good break from just going to straight baseball games all summer long

WE DONT GIVE A CRUD

>Do you actually take MLS as a league seriously?

No, its divegrass after all. Its fun purely because of its novelty and the fact that tickets are dirt cheap at only $20 - $40 dollars.

post some MLS ultras

>Not to mention Sporting Kansas

You can always spot the foreigners with a proxy because they call the club Sporting Kansas instead of Sporting Kansas City.

>Yeah the whole sporting/real/fc/sc addendums on the team names are really unnecessarily cringey and off-putting for no other reason than to sound European.

It's because the league almost went bankrupt trying to hang it's hat on Latino soccer fans would would one day become middle class.

Turns out Mexicans expect five dollar tickets and start fights in the stands and even though they have 7 kids they don't take them out to the games like white and black parents do.

That's why they rebranded. Capture the millenial college educated took-a-year-abroad-and-went-to-a-soccer-game-one-time types.

Also mexican fans have become really violent in the last 20 years. So when they go to sporting events they misbehave, get shitty and start fights.

For all our bitching about blacks on Sup Forums black people who pay money to go attend sporting events do not usually cause any trouble in the stands. Also they usually take friends and family and buy merch (because blacks love flashy shit)

There really aren't any ultras but we have cheap/cheering section seats. Our section is the cauldron from back when they were called the Wizards.

It's mostly Cerner employees who have been given free tickets. Their CEO owns the team and you have to pretend you like SKC to get promoted.

oops forgot pic

>Spot the nigger

oh my good god

It's true while most blacks can't afford tickets to any pro game the ones who go are usually bring lots of kids to the games.

They also don't get blackout drunk they might grill some ribs during tailgates but they generally are sober enough and bring friends.

This is true for the NFL chiefs too.

I like watching these journeyman MLS players thrash about much more than watching ANONYMOUS AFRICAN REFUGEE LEAGUE aka EPL.

we dont have any slavko zolcic skinheads as 'ultras', ultras here are just people who stand and chant at the home end

i went to a NYRB game, it was ok

What a pleb you are, Ice Hockey is the fastest growing sport in the UK, Nottingham also won the Continental Cup this year too which is basically the hockey version of the Europa League. Ice Hockey is played all over the world and we even have a Gold Medal in the Olympics.

A better comparison are Brits who are into American Football, we have no history in it and only weirdos choose it over Rugby.

Attendance or on television? How many Italians even own a tv?

i would unironically watch and support my team, if i HAD one

t. sandy eggo

It's cringey to watch, but we must support it.

Kek, you're literally using the same argument MLS fans use

MLS is also worth far more money than the British hockey and football leagues combined

please watch our league

Being into Ice Hockey isn't the same as being some weird Ameriboo who follows the NFL, Europe has its own hockey culture which we are fully apart of and even pioneered the game, WW2 hit the sport hard.

sure, why not? it's where my local team plays. if they played in the 3rd tier of NA soccer then I'd follow that league.

Dude, i live in actual fucking Missouri.

>a team of Canadians won a gold medal in 1936, therefore Britain loves hockey

I never said that all of Britain loves Hockey. It's regional, cities that have a top division franchise draw a respectable amount of fans, big derbies like Nottingham vs Sheffield draw crowds of around 10k which is more than a lot of teams outside of the NHL can match.

What's your local team?

It's a decent league, the crowds are fucking GAY though

I like soccer and don't want to be a euroboo. I still follow Arsenal and UEFA Champions League, but want a local team to root for. Waiting on Mlels to bring a franchise to San Diego. Currently follow the Timbers and my local 4th division team.

>I like soccer
>don't want to be a euroboo