What do you think about the recent H&M drama? I'd buy the the hoody for my child if it was black

What do you think about the recent H&M drama? I'd buy the the hoody for my child if it was black.

I feel like if this was a white boy and the text 'referred' to whites, it would just be laughed at and sold out.

>it

>Yeah true. strongest crisp in the box.

fucking kek

"Coolest Clam in the Sea"
"Coolest Cube in the Tray"
"Crulest Queer at the Torture Orgy"

They could have chosen something else, yet decided to case drama for sales.

THERE'S A HIDDEN AGENDA

Well racism is a touchy issue nowadays and it's common knowledge that "monkey" is an insult for nignogs.
They should have realized what they did and gave the pullover to a white kid, hell someone probably knew and laughed his ass off as this got published.
I personally don't give a shit but i wouldn't want a white kid with a pullover stating "nazi" being published, so i get where they come from.

"Corniest Cracker in the Box"

Tbh, their stocks dropped so badly. Maybe it was just some planned wicked shit to get attention. worked :'D

absolutely no chance they did this on purpose unless it was a case of corporate sabotage. today, this is the kind of publicity you certainly would not want.

> yeh, you are prolly right. Just asking myself wtf the marketing peepz thought when doing it. They must've been drunk or smth.

Big fucking deal, those "the future is female" shirts they sell are morally more questionable than these.

"The coolest monkey in the jungle" is just a fun text for kids clothes though, if you want racism to stop you also need to stop feeling offended and be associated by everything that's not offensive. Your example isn't really fair. I mean if it said 'slave' I would get the response, which is similar to your example but this is just a fun text which is made to be very offensive towards black people but if a white kid would wear it there wouldn't be an issue at all. This is how you set the difference.

At least its not for rape and sexual stuff. Like all the other drama has been.

I think people are just fag-heavy sensitive. I've been called every racial slur by white people that I chill with and it never bothers me. I'd buy that jacket and wear it for the lulz.

most likely the models and photographers are hired from buttfuck nowhere and don't speak english.

$7.99 ?
How much for the hoodie?

If i was good in photoshop I'd make better shirts... anyone wants to post some examples ?

If it was a white kid wearing a shirt saying cracker there would be no big deal now would there? Go fuck yourself with your double standards.

>"The coolest monkey in the jungle" is just a fun text for kids clothes though
And you bet your ass that a kid of a given age wouldn't mind playing slave, or nazi or whatever. They're kids, they don't know any better.
>if you want racism to stop you also need to stop feeling offended
I think it's the opposite way. If black people weren't offended by being called niggers they'd still be called niggers instead of something like everyone else up to this day. I don't see how this could have played out in any other way.
>nazi is not comparable
Well the problem i have here is that there's no insult with similar impact for exclusively white people.
You could try honkey or some shit, but literally nobody gives a shit about nignog slang.

Well you surely wouldn't want to be greeted with every racial slur by random white people though - would you?
Sure it's nice if you feel comfortable that you and your friends rip on each other, but it goes into another dimension if this is done to strangers - am i wrong?

At least it says the “coolest”

Monkey is not equal to nigger. A monkey is an animal, a black person is a human. It has come this far that people think monkey is racist towards black people. How does that make any sense to you? I can understand niggers is a word they don't like to be called because it dates from more racist times, but monkey? Just laugh it off instead of adding it to the pile of things that make you feel bad. Your example of having no word for white people isn't because there have never been words like that for white people. It's because white people in general don't care about it too much and the words don't last. Even the whole fact that black people today identify themselves with the slaves is ridiculous just because some of their ancestors might have been. Some of my ancestors might have been slavers, but I don't identify with that do I? It's in the past. I don't keep bringing it up getting us nowhere in today's time.

I mean there's no denying the kid is adorable. But their new advert isn't much better
>jungle
>vietamese

> Some of my ancestors might have been slavers, but I don't identify with that do I?
Well I'd say you have a weak bond to your ancestors, many people do and feel that they owe them to live a good and meaningful life.
That's not necessarily a bad thing because such a bond isn't always a positive thing, but let me assure you that there's a lot of people out there who feel very connected to the past of their ancestors.
>Your example of having no word for white people isn't because there have never been words like that for white people. It's because white people in general don't care about it too much and the words don't last.
I'd argue that in a country with a majority of black people - maybe south Africa there's probably a bunch of quiet harsh slurs against white people.

Nah. Life is what you make of it. I cant rationally spend my time getting butthurt over words. Thats for feminist.

You can be proud of your ancestors, but no one identifies with their ancestors in the way that what they have endured feels like they endure it themselves, like a lot of black people do. Much like how people don't associate themselves with bad actions their ancestors might've committed unless they're straight up racists or whatever in the example of the nazi.
I am sure slurs exist, but my point was they don't stick because white people generally don't care too much. And even if a word would stick and was printed on a shirt, it would just be considered distasteful or something people would buy because it's that ridiculous. A good response by the black community would be to buy this shirt (for their kids) and wear it with pride. Like yeah I am the coolest monkey in the jungle. What's wrong with that? That is how you combat normal words becoming associated with race in negative way, or like I said before; don't pay attention to it.

yes

5 years ago,before SJW racism, that would be considered cute.