keef moon

The man's like jesus, but a drummer.

Need i say any more?

charlie watts

Buddy?

/thread

add j/k to it?

Why? He's a great drummer

I unironically like the guy that no one likes.

Wow they make one bad production decision and now he's a bad drummer?
Dude the drum patters on Anger are badass too

JUSt bought a zildjian 16 a custom crash.. would a sabian 18 aax xplosion crash match well with it?

/thread

Not even kidding. Better than Phil Collins.

God among men

Yes indeed

Huh, I didn't know Animal advertised for Tama.

Furman
youtube.com/watch?v=3zKKcY3TXao

OPBP

No one will ever surpass bonzo.

Surprisingly though the dude from Texas in July is pretty good if you can handle meme tier metalcore

This guy.

Neil Peart!

There is only one Drummer God

Neil Peart

Don Caballero

What makes him special besides his drumming in yyz? Got any recommendations to listen to?

Damon Che

Everyone goes through a Neil Peart admiration phase but he’s certainly not god tier. He’s demigod at best because he has to work to hard for it.

La Villa Strangiato is probably my favorite example of great Peart bits.

I've played drums in rock bands since I was in high school. The greatest drummer to have ever existed is Buddy Rich. I don't care for jazz or big band, but his skills as a drummer surpass anyone I have ever seen or heard by a long shot.

Supposedly, the only rock drummer Rich respected was Keith Moon, but I suspect it was only because of Moon's chaotic chops that still somehow maintained meter.

youtu.be/94DeieWZgTM

Or Subdivisions

After years of playing Neil Peart up with Buddy Rich. Buddy Rich retaught Peart how to drum. Look up Pert solos on youtube...amazing. Also Peart is the songwriter for all those great songs, imagine that!

>Buddy Rich retaught Peart how to drum.

Carl Palmer also copied a lot of Rich's chops.

Clyde Stubblefield

Steve Jordan

>Clyde Stubblefield

He was the most ripped off drummer of all time-- samples from his James Brown days were ripped off by dozens of rappers-- but he wasn't a pimple on Max Roach's or Gene Krupa's ass.

Jack

Colonel Clink

richie hayward of little feat

>Steve Jordan

Solid, but not great. He kept the beat is about the best you can say about him.

of course wally ingram

This. If women don't start dancing the second you start drumming, you drum like a faggot (take note John Bonham, you virgin magnet):

youtube.com/watch?v=13GlCSoSTAU

this guy..

Fucking yes

too soon

Why do all drummers have Black and White pics? Is it like, a drummer meme?

The Brazilian IS pretty raw

Anyway, This guy

because the geriatric homosexs who dig drummers stopped listening to new music when color photography was invented

Mike wengren

Dale Crover

Scott phillips

He's a better guitarist/front man than he ever was a drummer.

Fuck yeah. Coady Willis is dope too but not crazy about some of the direction the Melvins has taken since their addition. Bad ass drummer though

Not even close

carter beauford has got the most monster technical chops in existence.

youtube.com/watch?v=o40dwmgigCM

This dude carried Pink Floyd 25 years. Nick Mason. It's called timing you faggots.

Alan White

Seeing how this is a weeb board........

>Dale Crover

I played in a band that opened for the Melvins 3 times. He's underrated as a drummer-- the fucker is a human metronome-- and really a way cool guy. His work with Coady Willis is phenomenal.

Not Totimoshi was it?

Danny Carey

Listen to Tomorrow Never Knows by the Beatles, then shut the fuck up.

That's dope as shit! Melvins are my favorite band of all fucking time.

>Totimoshi

Nah, I do know Chris, though.

The band back then opened for the Melvins when Lorax was still playing bass.

Definitely top 5 of mine too. Buzz's style of playing and the riffs he comes with are fucking insane. Put him with a drum God like Crover and, well...

Big Business is a sweet ass band.

Holy shit. Old school. Is it true her mom jammed with them a few times? Totimoshi was fucking awesome. Still have one of their shirts.

They are for sure. And I do like Melvins new shit, they just aren't writing albums I can listen to front to back anymore like Gluey Porch Treatments, or Stoner Witch. Still love them though, and they've been around so long they were bound to slow down a little at some point

Which band were you in?

>Is it true her mom jammed with them a few times?

Around the time Houdini came out, her mom was fairly upset with her, from what I understood. She got busted in Oregon, I think, and their manager took over on bass.

lol, Buzz kept calling her "lazy," but everyone knew she was nodding out all the time.

This guy.

Darude - Sandstorm

/thread

kek

ctrl f Danny Carey

One result

Sup Forums is truly dead..

/thread

>Which band were you in?

Just a SF bar band, I still play, but nobody big or famous. There's enough shit on Utube and the webs to lead the little scamps on this site right to my doorstep, so I decline to state.

youtube.com/watch?v=bAJ1WTGNISk

So many classics missing

jeff

+1

Also, Dave Lombardo, if no mention of him yet

THE drummer from DG, duh

The drummer for DG

Ruth Underwood