How do we fix education?

How do we fix education?

Make teaching a male-dominated profession.

Not using Tumblr images

What did he mean by this?

Is this from movie? Cuz i wanna see it now

No cell phone usage by students in school. It's never gonna happen but it would help.

The same answer we always bring.

Natsoc, might need slight modernisation but not much.

If you're in a class dealing with imaginary numbers you should be able to do simple addition and subtraction already.

Is that a remedial math class?

This is how you spot braindeads.
They always ask questions like this.

>MUH CHECK BOOKS
Guess how I can tell this was written by a liberal arts major?

It's rather sad, you know. Schools put a lot of effort into trying to get kids the information they need to discover potential career paths. But instead of learning how to advance themselves, liberals demand to maintain.

You don't know how to make money in the first place. What good does balancing a check book do you?

This is an interesting meme.

Why do so much people hold the opinion that math as taught in school is useless? What does this faggot want to do in life? All janitor and burger flipper positions are already taken.

Kill every cunt that bitches about it

The same way people love Literature and ask why they're learning about imaginary numbers, people that love Math normally ask, why do I have to read this fucking retarded book?
Different strokes for different folks. Just because one side bitches about it more, doesn't always mean that there is something wrong with it.

You literally don't need more than 9th/10th grade math for anything below specialized math based jobs
>Inb4 you claim the only job below mathematical engineer is burger flipper

>teach me how to balance a check book

yeah, you start by not spending more money than you have, you stupid faggot

>How do I balance check book

Step one, calculate monthly income
Step two, put like 20% of that shit in a roth or some kind of savings account or buy stocks as you see fit, make sure you've got like 6 months of living expensiveness in the bank ready to go
step three pay all your fucking bills
step four, do whatever the fuck you want with the rest or save it, invest or some shit, buy a rental property and become a land-jew

step 5 it's 2016 and the only time you write checks anymore is for weird random shit here and there

Step 5: Learn imaginary numbers so you can comprehend greater abstract reasoning and not be a fucking moron you little shit, that christian guy behind you looks like he gets a thousand more sluts than you and directly behind you, is the bull you are prepped for.

I really don't know how people are bad with money.

I'm of the opinion that schooling should have more skills & career oriented methods. Like start with the foundational and day-to-day knowledge that most people will use regularly (your reading, writing, arithmetic). Then as the child develops specific interests you nudge them towards that with lesson plans catering to the specific interests relevant to the kid.

If you can't balance a checkbook, you do not understand the simple concept of addition/subtraction and therefore should be gassed

Make elite students literally elite. Elite students eat catered food. Elite students have a lounge. Threatening an elite results in getting your ass beat. Elite students get a stipend. Etc.

>can't understand basic math when taught
>thinks he'll understand balancing a checkbook when taught
Shiggy

Any other dyslexia / dyscalculia people in here?

Things like this are why they shouldn't wait to teach critical thinking until high school.

German kids become dumb as shit at the moment.
This whole special snowflake bullshit leads to a generation with no fucking spine.

We don't even have basic shit like accounting in our schools, something everyone needs when he's working in a company or even as politician.

What our kids learn? Who was Emmett "the first dindu" Till and why the potatoniggers have no potatoes (joke, I love you Irish fucks).

>muh usefulness
top goy

I think it's supposed to be more about the "process" of solving the problem, not about actually being able to.

Higher level math teaches how to logically solve a problem by applying what you know to a new situation

>or something like that

Balancing a checkbook is basically spend less than you take in. You don't even really need algebra to do it, its that easy.
But I will say unless you go into engineering knowing what an imaginary number is won't do much.
What we really need is jobs.
All of that personal finance jargon doesn't amount to shit if I've got no income coming in.

no such thing

Offer personal finance courses. That's what these kids want. We shouldn't teach how to balance a checkbook in mathematics courses.

Technically all numbers are imaginary, they're complete abstractions. They can represent real things though.

>BUT ITS SO HARD
>SEXISM PREVALENT IN SCHOOLS
>TEACHERS ARE SO MEAN

The solution is much simpler.

Segregate the sexes in schools.

Male students, male teachers.

>you want to do what ever physics allowed us to do for the last century, you have to use imaginary numbers
>not useful
Does he wants someone to teach him how to serve coffee at starbucks too?

So is this the math and verbal sections averaged together?

Why not combine the two and average that?

people still use checks?

>muh checkbook meme

also:
>[CURRENT YEAR]
>checks and checkbooks
get your shit together, america

Imaginary number are used for so many things.
>Electronics and electrical currents
>Physics
>Pure or Applied mathematics
>Chemistry
>Finding vector directions
It is essential for any stem job. Even computer science requires them.

Heres how you fix schooling:
>Male and female segregation has proven to increase performance
> Teach useful life skills since modern parents usually fail to
>Teach reason, philosophy, evidence based decision making, critical thinking, etc.
>Teach politics, geography, show students how the world actually works so we don't have so many idiot conspiratards
>Have actually good teachers
>Increase funding and make use of school funds more efficient
>Increase technology on schools and at the very least make sure everyone is technologically literate, coding would be good as well
>Instill students with a sense of national pride
>Change the atmosphere of school: make it more competitive, don't hand out As Willy nilly, have severe consequences for cheating and make it much harder to teach
>Make rigorous physical activity mandatory
>Smart children should be able to excel, and slower ones should be left behind

my father pays all his bills by receiving a statement via snail mail, writing a paper check, and mailing it back. He also refuses to use ATMs, when he needs cash he goes to a bank branch and fills out a little form and takes it to a teller.

Checks won't die until all the boomers do.

I refuse to use ATM or debit cards

it like you want niggers to rob you

>having cash on you
>it's like you want niggers to rob you
fixed it for you

have you considered not living around niggers

I don't carry cash either

By stop wasting time on little faggots like in your picture and instead focus on the smart kids or kids who see the value of learning.

>How to balance a check book
5 minutes on google, people are fucking stupid.

>no cash
>no cards
what do you pay with? blowjobs?

Why doesn't this guy take a personal finances class? Why is he wasting everyone's time trying to act above it all when he clearly is too stubborn to make an attempt to understand the material?

credit

I never got le ebil credit card meme you see on Sup Forums

Physics is empirical too though.
I wish you could make a decent living by studying mathematics

>How do we fix education?

The simple answer is to have the separation of education and state. The state should have zero involvement in running schools, and homeschoolers should get tax reductions.

>Teach reason, philosophy, evidence based decision making, critical thinking, etc.
>Teach politics, geography,

That's nice but where's the real sciences and maths? Chemistry, biology, physics, calculus and etc? Also some basic behavioral science should be a requirement.

How is budgeting so complicated to understand for people? You obtain so much money per month, you spend however much on bills and the remainder is however much you have to work with to do what you like with.

Means nothing, my last male math professor graded our tests as 1/3 correct answer, 1/3 how pretty and 1/3 every step detailed including how to get 1+1 to equal 2

Was the "Leave No Child Behind" testament detrimental to education?

people want to keep up with the Joneses. I've seen households with two six-figure incomes living paycheck to paycheck because they needed to have a McMansion in a trendy neighborhood, new BMWs, new iThings every year, etc, because they wanted to project the image of success and affluence to everyone they know.

Abolish state run schools. Have corporations operate education facilities which supply fulltime career jobs for their child employees when they finish their education. Also, children should be paid to learn.

I call them McSchools.

Maths just isn't for some people. But yeah it's a dumb meme, there's nothing wrong with teaching the fundamentals of everything in school, I mean I didn't like biology but I dealt with it.

>Amerikkka
>being able to avoid the groid
Simply not possible

Underrated

>pic related, modern education

That's fake, famalamadingdong

great post. here's a (You)

>Electronics and electrical currents
As someone working on an electrical degree I'm gonna call shenanigans on that.
At the very least they're not used for anything practical or useful.

>slower ones should be left behind

Fucks sake I can never tell when people are being serious or not on this site, but that made me laugh either way

privatize it. Let the 'walmart' of education rise and teach us how to do it.

We need another culling, like the black death

It's really the only way, to many idiots have been allowed to survive and multiply

Luckily we won't have to wait long

Paying bills is third? There people living nearly paycheck to paycheck out there, some people have to pay bills first then save then spend money on frivolities.

Ebolachan save us all!

How is it funny.
Thats the way it works (should work) in Germany.
After 4-6 years of school you have 2-3 different types of schools you can go to depended on how good you were.

I said that in my post, Imaginary numbers are used in engineering

EE undergrad here
You will use it in the higher levels of circuit analysis, specifically AC current and phases

>>Teach reason, philosophy, evidence based decision making, critical thinking, etc.
I thought this idea was perfect until I had a mandatory class at a university a few years back where this was, in theory, the purpose.
What it ended up being was a liberal propaganda class where they basically said
>if you don't reach THIS conclusion then you're not thinking critically.
Where the conclusion was always some shit that was easily proven wrong by ACTUAL critical thinking.
>mfw I got a low grade on my first paper after disassembling their argument and using fact based reasoning to prove mine

Bitch don't even try and say EEs don't use imaginary numbers
We use that shit so much we call it j because i stands for current and we need both a lot.

To be fair, it would be nice if they did teach "Personal Finance" or something in high school.

Then you need to get a better job.

Thanks, it's good to have confirmation.

>doesn't use debit cards
>Will use a credit card

Small town American education folks

Does it actually apply in the field though or it it just high level theorheticals for the sake of itself?

>It is essential for any stem job. Even computer science requires them.
Explain this?
Maybe some field, like for signal processing, but that's not that big.

Society needs different skill sets believe it or not, just because someone isn't academically smart doesn't mean they don't deserve an education. There are always other options.

idk about Germany but TAFE works well for us here in Australia.

Classes specifically for people like him who have no ambition of higher learning, or indeed any inclination to google "how to balance a checkbook". Crapouts 101, or whatever you want to call it.

Credit cards give you greater protection against loss (by law you can't be liable for unauthorized use above $50, in practice no credit-card issuer makes you liable for anything. With a debit card anything that happens is on you) and carry cash-back and rewards programs that debit cards don't.

They literally pay you to use credit cards. All you have to do is have the discipline to not spend money you don't have, and pay it off in full every month.

>just because someone isn't academically

Academically smart doesnt mean anything anymore either when i see even high level stem beta cucks bend over to liberal art majors who use the gender/race card to dictate them around

what?
If you have AC currents everything is calculated through complex numbers.
Thats second semester stuff.

>Amps
>Volts
>Resistance

In alternating currents, the voltage and ampage aren't scalar. They alternate in amplitude and direction which means they can't be defined by linear, single dimension numbers. That's where I and J comes in. For instance, you can say that the ampage of an ac current is 2+4i.

>no real job with retirement investment benefits
>random stocks
>dumping cash into a roth
>cuck ad infinitum
the alt right is confirmed to be subhuman

there's 'home economics'
I'm not sure what it is since I never took it

you invented digital electronics that work on alternating current? impressive, user.

>Sup Forums
>alt right
pick one faggot

>I have no idea what my credit limit is
>I make minimal payments on credit card debt

there is literally no downside to CC's when you aren't functionally retarded

I've just always used Vp-p or Vrms
Are those just more precise or am I completely off base?

The math to balance your checkbook was already taught like 5 years before imaginaries get introduced.

For programming that deals more closely to the hardware is when it's used. For controllers too, mostly. It goes back to electronic usage and control the fluctuation, ampage, and voltage of systems and frequencies.

You could take it a step further a d say that quantum computing deals with it very closely when detecting the spin states of electrons.

nice memeing but this isn't a real argument

In school you learn maths, science, and hopefully critical thinking, this has nothing to do with liberal arts

We had it at my school and it was half sewing and half baking sugar cookies.
I did end up in a class like personal finances, where we learned how to write a check and balance a checkbook. Also basic shit like how to address a letter. When I'm in a post office for some reason, I usually see one person ask how to address a letter.

>I have a thirst for knowledge... about mundane shit like balancing checkbooks and writing a resume
>I think checkbooks are important in the age of online banking and credit/debit cards
>I also live in the digital age where I could learn this on my own in less than a half hour on Google
>but I still insist that public schools integrate it with their curriculum
>Imaginary numbers aren't as easily self-taught via Internet and it can help to have a human teacher there to answer your questions and guide you through it
>but fuck that I want to interrupt him with my defeatists little shit attitude and make it clear that I haven't been paying attention this whole time
So many things wrong with the checkbook meme

Kid is right, cumpulsory education teaches way too many (for most) useless things. The last 2 years if HS should be dedicated only to practical knowledge such as how loans work and how you take them non-retardedly.

>I usually see one person ask how to address a letter.
probably because letters are rarely used nowadays

TAFE has turned to shit mate

>someone felt that the creation of this image was necessary

wew lad

Stop making it mandatory. And destroy free public schools. I am completely serious.

Forcing everyone to attend school until 17-18 is a waste and only hurts those who are really trying to learn. Public schools have to cater to their stupidest students, most of whom still leave the system unable to perform basic tasks. Thousands are wasted each year per student for no results.

If you want people to take things seriously, you make them pay for it. Parents being forced to directly pay for schooling will make them care more about their child's education. The dumb kids with no potential can just start working retail/fast food earlier.

I have never understood people who live paycheck to paycheck. Simple budgeting and smart spending has gotten me far in life. I used to think math was worthless but when I began to live on my own it proved so useful. I guess that's why some people climb out of poverty and others don't.

The same we fix literally all of the problems in the world, remove the Jew. Find me any problem from anywhere on the planet and if there isn't a Jew behind it somewhere, I'll eat my own head on tc.

E = I • Z

>E = voltage
>I = current/ampage
>Z= impedance

Impedance, current, and voltage are expressed using complex numbers.

Fuck this kid and your shitty tumblr image. Math doesn't need to be "fixed".