So, he's like a more musically talented Weird Al?

So, he's like a more musically talented Weird Al?

Other urls found in this thread:

lyricsfreak.com/f/frank zappa/broken hearts are for assholes_20056813.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yes basically

Yes, pretty much a more grown up Weird Al for jaded college students.

When has Zappa made anything as good as Albuquerque?

If only Zappa was as nice and humble of a guy as Weird Al.

Both Zappa and Weird Al suck moose dicks.

No idea why either of them were/are so famous

Extra Credit: Dweezil Zappa sucks moose dicks too.

But zappa isnt funny

this

what are you talking about? weird al is like your favorite uncle that you want to make out with
that's really good
of course he is famous

If you don't think Weird Al is funny you clearly haven't seen UHF

Nothing like Weird Al in my opinion, Weird Al takes popular songs and changes the lyrics of them. Zappa wrote his own music and a lot of instrumental music too. Also when he did have satirical lyrics the meaning and drive behind them were very different to Weird Al's. Zappa's lyrics are definitely more personal and reflect his thoughts on the current time, even though they had absurd themes. Weird Al's lyrics strictly just go for a comedic effect in my opinion.

Never found him funny.

I love music, but I still do not consider "satire" to be a valid musical genre.

I enjoy when artists lace their music with biting self-deprecation or blatant overuse of overused themes, but that's about as far into satire as I'll go.

I thought the shit was hilarious when I was like 7.

But then I turned 8.

>Zappa's lyrics are definitely more personal and reflect his thoughts on the current time, even though they had absurd themes
>poo poo poo I hate the gubment dont trust what they tell you kid poo poo pee

Do you think Frank Zappa would have been a 9/11 truther if he was alive?

I see you've only read things about Zappa and haven't listened to his music. You must be someone who enjoys a movie in a cinema, sees that it got a low score on Rotten Tomatoes, and then decide they didn't like it. Maybe study the areas and topics first hand if you wish to criticise them.

>But then I turned 8
Wow deeply profound. You must get A's on all your book reports, great work mister!

Also regardless of what his opinion was on the current time, I'm still not wrong. He expressed it, and Weird Al doesn't.

lyricsfreak.com/f/frank zappa/broken hearts are for assholes_20056813.html

Wow, you know how to read lyrics in his songs too?

it's easier to be humble when you know your talentless

dude what? UHF is a prime example of how unfunny he is

the song uncle remus talks about the problems african-americans faced at the current time. the lyrics don't scream it out but a small amount of analysing makes it easy to come to that. even though the lyrics are weird they still talk about an important issue, most lyrics in zappa songs have a meaning underlying in them.

This sentence implies that Weird Al is musically talented

I've gotta say, absolutely no hate but based on what I've heard from Zappa thusfar he seems to be extremely overrated to me. The base of people that think he is a genius give him a massive amount of credit for doing things that many other musicians have done to a much higher standard.
His "satire" and "critiquing of society" is usually some pretty immature, one dimensional "haha people more like sheeple everyone is stupider than me lol society what is normal anyway" edgy, low hanging fruit type shit i.e Fembot In A Wet-T Shirt". Or if he's doing straight comedy it's silly, unfunny dick-joke tier type stuff which I guess is meant to be ironic but I just find it stupid.
His jazz rock fusion stuff sounds like what it is, which is a decent rock guitarist getting all excited like he's cracked the motherload of next level music because someone taught him a couple of modes, basically all the people that think it's brilliant are dad rock fans that think that it's genius purely by virtue of the fact that it has a couple of jazz elements, arranged sections and occasional odd time signature. Compared to real sick fusion like Mahavishnu Orchestra or something it's sloppy, low level technical performance wise, low level composition wise.
Plus most of the super over the top complicated arranged hits and shit that he does is just immature show boating that sounds crap, and actually isn't that impressive to have written at all. People laugh at it when Dream Theater does is but for some reason think that it makes him this amazing composer.
Plus he seems like an aspie edge lord cunt in interviews.

He's basically Steely Dan for fedora wearers.

kek