Opinions on shoegaze?

Opinions on shoegaze?
I dont mind it but most of the time i have no idea whats going on

i lile it most when there's a strong riff or vocal keeping me tethered. then it's my ideal genre pretty much.

Any shoegaze like this?

A lot of people at my school could play the “Stairway to Heaven” guitar solo, but they couldn’t play three chords of a Ramones song if their life depended on it because they didn't have the strength or ability to do it. But all I did was practice that, and the style that I eventually fell into is more focused than people would actually imagine.

there is only one good shoegaze album

post-punk

you're right

This pretty much. If the shoegaze becomes too dreamy or ethereal, it doesn't keep my interest and just becomes background noise.

Someone post the OPN version.

Never been able to get into it. I've given all the major releases a listen.
>Loveless
>Souvlaki
>Nowhere
No desire to listen to it regularly.

OPN version of what?

I only like Loveless desu

Those albums represent a fraction of what's good about shoegaze. Try listening to

Bardo Pond - "Lapsed" and "Amanita"
The Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
The Angelic Process - Weighing Souls With Sand
Have a Nice Life - Deathconciousness
Belong - Common Era
Big|Brave - Au De La
Destruction Unit - Deep Trip
True Widow - s/t
A Place to Bury Strangers - s/t
Yellow Swans - Going Places
Women - Public Strain
Silver Mt. Zion - Fuck off Get Free We Pour Light on Everything
Jesu - Silver
Weed - Deserve
Duster - Stratosphere

Some of that could only loosely be considered shoegaze but it's all good shit

Oh, I do listen to Jesu. I like shoegaze if it's also sorta metal.

I generally don't like anyone who plays a Mustang, Jaguar or Jazzmaster or meme guitars in general.

If you like jesu I'd definitely recommend Big|Brave then. But if you have time definitely give the rest of those albums a listen

I fucking love Jesu
I'm not gay but I'd let justin broadrick penetrate me with his justin broaddick

>Bardo Pond - "Lapsed" and "Amanita"
fuck this music sucks. no wonder this board is dead.

>snare x4

>not liking the best psych rock band of all time

A lot of people at my school could play Keith Emerson synth solos, but they couldn’t play the three note arpeggios of a Klaus Schulze song if their life depended on it because they didn't have the strength or ability to do it. But all I did was practice that, and the style that I eventually fell into is more focused than people would actually imagine.

I really liked Drive Over Me and Cigarette, songs with vocals you can make out and a pseudo pop vibe. Any more like this?

Like >50% of this is actual shoegaze

Honestly, Loveless overhyped the genre. Nothing else the scene produced has been anywhere close to as phenomenal as that album.