Grew up in somewhat small town (<80k population)

>Grew up in somewhat small town (All my life been told that I'm very smart and will make it big
>Always smartest kid in the class
>Get scholarship in top university in my country
>In school never really had a need to study and read textbooks too much so never actually learned how to actually study on my own
>Struggle in university
>Identity crisis, thinking I'm retarded and never being smart in first place
>Think I'm not going to make it

wat to do?

no

>you fail first year
>you convince yourself you will get your shit together and learn if you have one more chance
>you convince your parents you will get your shit together and learn if you have one more chance
>you fail again
>you break your mothers heart
>spend the next months unemployed, start smoking and drinking excessively
>when you have no more Money left you accept that shitty pain job at McBurger
>its just for a couple of weeks, you say
>you are 30, works for 8,5 $ an hour, your coworkers and bosses have an iq 50 points under yours ad your guests are your former friends and classmates

go ahead kid, long way to go

You're probably good enough man.

I'm not really failing university but I'm not even close to acing it. Have no idea how people can get straight A's in engineering. I dearly miss being the smart kid. It really sucks being an average joe that is not great at anything...

In my opinion OP, intelligence doesn't exist, and you're just a fine boy not cut out for whatever university education you were aiming for. Or were you even aiming for a specific university education at all? What do you truly want to do your entire life? You need to ask yourself these questions and not just go to university because people tell you that you're smart and smart people need to do so.
And even if you really decide that you can only find happiness with a college level education, don't give up so soon. It's supposed to challenge you, university is specifically designed to reach the bounds of the capabilities of someone who mastered highschool with ease just as much as highschool was designed to challenge the mind of someone who got trough middleschool successfully, it's not supposed to stay the same way it was before, it's supposed to get harder.

And if you find that it really isn't what you want anyways, that's okay, people make a lot of redicisions in their lifes, and you're not a failure just because you don't put yourself trough (by the way very expensive) college life.
Just like
said, if you force yourself to work hard for university even if you don't want to, you're just gonna end up depressed, shitty and shackled, robbed of the freedoms you now still have.

Choose your path OP, others can't do that for you.

Aaaaand this is why I'm gonna shoot myself

Id fuck your brain user.

Go to class, never skip, turn assignments in on time, sit in the front 2 or 3 rows near the middle. It's not about studying, it's about memory, if you do these things you're more likely to just have information stick. Put just a little more effort in, it'll make a big difference.

But isn't it interesting to see life from that angle once, too?
I, for one, have the deep desire, rooting beyond all my life goals and what I like / dislike in life, long to experience life from as many points of view as possible. You should too, it makes any situation seem not that bad at all.

>IMO intelligence doesn't exist
Actually, unironically end your life right now

>sitting at the front
Can 100% confirm that sitting closer to profs. / teachers makes you better at the subject magically, seriously, try it.

Students who are pretty quick to figure out new material shine when they are in lower level classes. They are handicapped because they never learn how to study. Eventually they find themselves in advanced, higher level class that have material that requires study and can't just be figured out at first glance. Now they have to sit down and study to retain information, but they have never had to do that before so they don't know how. Unfortunate situation, better hit the books.

>intelligence doesn't exist

Same thing happened to me. Now I'm a 32 year old NEET.

How is it even possible to keep full attention 90 minutes of very complex subjects taught by an old fart with 0 charisma? It's like most professors don't even care about us learning anything.

No, I'm serious, intelligence is the most subjective value of all. The only reasons we hold people more capable of math more intelligent is because that's rare. If everybody had the intellect of Stephen Hawking and Einstein combined, we would rate eachother's minds based on another trait which is rare.
And when people call eachother idiots on the internet that's just because they disagree, for example: a leftie and a rightie will always call eachother stupid or inferior in intelligence, because they each believe that the only reason the other person believes in whatever opinion they have is because they lack facts or computing power to come to the right conclusions. But in reality, the only reason the other person views the world that way is because of how they approached the topic differently than their opponent.

Welcome to the club

Be nice to your professors and they will be nice back and give you better grades. It doesnt matter if you look like teachers pet, theres no point in trying to out-cool chad thundercock who comes in late everyday because he wants to go to technical school anyways

Go to class everyday, teachers drop hints for the tests and maybe even ec if the guy is a pussy.

Can confirm.

>Cruise through college
>Go to university
>Drop out after 2 months

University is just so damn boring.

Change your major.
This happens to like 70% of people in their first year of college.

HAHAHAHAHA

>Grew up in somewhat small town (

Nah man
Intelligence is a thing and it can be quantified. A man with a high affinity towards math doesn't have to be smarter than someone without that same talent.
It's just the way our brains are wired to see the world.A person who can do maths quite well just does maths quite well, that doesn't imply that he has an extremely high IQ, even tough that one goes hand in hand with the other (I'm the best at maths in my country and have an IQ of 156).

You actually have to work / study hard to get through university unless you're doing a trash tier degree.
>Work
>Gen Y trash
Might as well just get a job at McDonalds kiddo

>intelligence
>subjective

Go out into the real world.

Bachelor's degree is easy as fuck no matter what you take or where you go. You're just dumb OP.

yeah I know it's not really small but it is small for some New York or London fags.

It sucks that I've never had any struggled in my life. Never had to fight for anything. Never even been in a real fight. Everything came so easy for whole fucking 18 years how am I to get motivated now?

I guess you're partly right, maybe I need to rethink this, I came to the idea because of pic related and a few other encounters with conspiracy theorists who (even if I strongly disagree with most of what I'm referencing rn) had stunningly organised and well put arguments. It just seemed like what calling stupid is is just based on how much you disagree with them, and not at all about how capable they are of thinking.

That's a village you cuck.

I'd bet my left ballsack I'm more socially active than you, user.

Study something you are interested in. Then you'll want to study it.

>so never actually learned how to actually study on my own

Learn to explain the WHY of things to another person and studying gets a lot easier.

If you cant explain it you probably dont understand it all that well.

To add to this. I'm also addicted on leaving everything to the last minute. I fucking love the stress, I love the dopamine rush after succeeding while putting next to no effort in things. This is how I've done things my whole life.

its almost like having less visual information allows you to be more focused

That actually doesn't help with the problem at all, does it?

Yeah, Well, I have an iq of over 9000.

Oh I'm so sorry my imprecise settlement size vernacular triggered your autism.

Almost everyone is less intelligent than they think they are. It’s a rude awakening when you finally find yourself in a better talent pool, and you’re no longer the big fish/small pond.

My advice, make peace with the fact that you’re not special. Get middling grades if you have to and get a degree. Find a middling entry level job. Get a hobby that makes you happy. You’re probably not going to be uber successful unless you luckily stumble into something. That’s how it is for 99% of people in the world.

You are me.

Maybe things were too easy. We were coddled, or life is just too easy and comfortable in this age. The stress and victory you described is that rush for victory and survival that our ancestors felt, and the "less fortunate" people feel now... I think.

Intelligence is learned. If you are not smart you can be taught. People who don't try because they think they are dumb are the worst. Almost as bad are people who have worked thier whole life to learn but consider those that didn't have the same oppertunities as inferior.

You weren't challenged in school and now you are against students who had better teaching than you. It's not your fault it's your socio-economic position in life. You need to work extra hard now to make up for the difference of your current peers working slightly harder for longer.

intelligence isn't learned intelligence is how fast you learn u cuck

That's the problem with being smart enough to pass by with out learning how to apply your self. All you need to do is learn how to apply your self and watch yourself sail higher then you ever imagined.

I like the way you express yourself, village user.

Incorrect

When you have autism

start studying hard, you retarded faget

lmao

autism is a different way of thinking

>wat to do?
stop posting on fucking Sup Forums and study you stupid dumbfuck. nobody passes their classes without a shitload of work.

>34
>work for $9/hr
>see former c-suite colleagues in retail uniform

get on my level faggots

>left ballsack
So you've got 2 ballsacks? I'm jelly my nigga.

Memes aside, conspiracy theorists sound smart but they are generally dumb as a box of bricks. They just regurgitate stuff they hear online and leap to ridiculous conclusions. Ask them 1 question where they can't CTRL+C CTRL+V their answer and they're out.

Absolutely not. You can not learn how to deduce and understand information faster.

You can for example train someone at maths and become better at it. But as soon as you give them a schematic and something to build they are back to square one, while a naturally intelligent person would figure this out faster as their general logic, reasoning, visualization and problem solving skills are better.

"""""town"""""

yea a retarded way

a machine way

>high school
>never studied
>never did homework
>all the ap classes
>3.9 gpa

>get into great college (not some bullshit party or community college)
>political science, international studies major
>never studied
>never did homework
>3.5 gpa
>join army as officer
>70k a year
>companies already wanting to hire me starting at 130k.

Bro. Just stop caring and enjoy yourself. College grades mean nothing, especially in engineering. All my engineer pals got prime jobs starting at 80k, and were over 100k in two years. Some of them were barely passing, others were top of class. Doesn't matter in the end.

The sign when you enter says "Welcome to the Town of _____"

People do refer to the "town" center as the village though.

Welcome to the """""Town""""" of _____

People do refer to the """"""""""""""""town""""""""""""""""" center as the village though.

First you need to know that high school =/= college. Second, develop a good study habit that works for you. First year of college is hte hardest imo because of the change from high school and all the parties.

I was in the opposite situation of you. Was mediocre in high school (ok grades). Then collgege came, first year was a wake up call (didnt do too bad tho). Next years were easier cause i have a good study habit and finish top of class. Now here I am doing my PhD in rehab science.

Are you unironically autistic?

>get into great college (not some bullshit party or community college)
>political science, international studies major
>never studied
>never did homework
>3.5 gpa

>political science
>science

Real hard bruh. Be proud of yourself.

I remember one user saying something like:

>Parties
>Good grades
>Sleep

Pick 2

>never did homework
>3.9 gpa

Okay...I am starting to think you didnt even go to highschool because thats just not how it works.

Acoustic what?

Minor change. If you cant explain a complex "thing" simply, then you lack enough understanding on the subject. I.E. series of tubes my friend.

Congrats, before you were the smartest kid in class and never had to work at your education.

Now, you have to compete with everyone who is as smart, or smarter, than you are.

Welcome to being an adult. Bust your ass, outwork everyone around you, and commit yourself 100% to your studies. Get a peer tutor. Join a study group. And quit fucking around on Sup Forums and go make something of yourself.

agree, autism is an invented disfunction

tbh when we explain scientific concepts we're also just ctrl+c and ctrl+v -ing what we learnt from school.
I'm not saying that they are convincing to me, I of course see the flaws in their logic and, just like they have understandable reasons to doubt established opinions and systems, have good reasons to doubt them. I'm just saying that I understand how some of these people came to the conclusions they're making. It's legit to question whether or not what we're taught in school is an accurate representation as to how our world looks like as we as individuals don't have the means to prove or disprove most of the more advanced theories, and it makes sense that someone who approached science the wrong way may see proof for a flat earth in how water is supposed to flow around the globe.
I'm saying that I refuse to believe that these opinions are formed exclusively by degenerates who have inferior intellect, and rather think that for example ideologies like christianity and modern science so often clash together because their believers just were raised to believe them, and what we tell them to convince them of our opinion just can't unearth those deep roots these beliefs have woven in their life.
Over the years we have learned to conclude certain events in nature from what we know of science, religiousfags will have found their own explanations that accord to their belief system, so when we ask them "then how do you explain ...???" then of course they have some or the other way to instatuate it.
You know?

pretty accurate

Do what makes you happy, no one forces you to go but at the same time you have that privilege to do whatever you want. College just isn't for everyone even though people hype up getting degrees like you're forced to get one.

you guys are fags who have no drive.
what a person lacks in talent and intelligence can be made up for in drive. Get off your ass and make shit happen. if you give up or accept a mediocre life. its nobody fault but yours. Stay strong boys

Pretty much
I mean
The general population are a bunch of fucking sheep tbh
Blindly following people they "like" and their ideas
Thus the word stupid has kinda lost all meaning and has become this term used to describe someone you disagree with

what if i like having a mediocre life user? i still get to do the things i love doing.

But, at least for me, if I look back, I'd been a sheep for a good amount of my kid life, too.
Maybe they just missed out on learning to express and live themselves? Maybe it's not out of lack of intelligence, but just by chance, by how their life took path?

how are you going to make it, gee well its pretty cut and dry by the time you are in high school u either want to be in school or not.

Hey.
Are you my clone.
What is my favorite color.....never mind
We have to think of something to get out of this shit hole we are in ....any ideas ?

>756580844
Or you go to germoneys and pay US$900 a semester for top-A college education. All of it in english of course.

Well
If you are smart enough (not implying I am) you can become a wolf in disguise amongst a heard of sheep
I am still not 18 tbh but i think i am smart
Afterall every adjective is just used to compare two people,niggers,groups,etc. ("smart" too) so you cannot really use it in such a way IMO
Anyway smart people rot because of "average people" who only exist to be the working class

Yeah either this or that.
I'm german too, our education is truly superior, whatever you may say about cucking.

People pick things up faster than others. It isn't subjective, it is easily observed through people in all age groups.

same position i was in.

math was the worst since i had always just used a calculator (ti-89 with symbolic manipulation capability and writing my own programs).
of course i took the hardest undergraduate major conceivable too (BS in neuroscience, only students with a 1450 SAT could even choose it as a major) and spent my free time volunteering in the OR (NOT easy to be allowed to do, and for some reason some surgeons liked to pass off to me breaking news to waiting family, which fucked me up good.. the way they look at you when you walk into the waiting room and see on your face its bad news.. shit, i was just an undergrad) and going to med school lectures. freshmen year was good; half my courses i could skip entirely and just show up for exams, the other half the same minimal attention from high school
then junior and senior years 300-500 level courses hit and i was *fucked*

i got depressed and addicted to drugs and just partied my ass off. i'd recommend a slightly different strategy

>smart through all of elementary
>public grade school is so lacking in engaging me that i act out constantly out of boredom
>i was always told hard work is rewarded so i used to ace everything except behaviour
>4th grade ends
>i get a letter from school saying i can skip 5th grade
>excitedly bring it back thinking my mom approved it
>mom said no because i am very short and she thought i would get bullied
>realized i have no rights as a child and stop caring
>start a few fights because retards annoy me in school
>fast forward 9 years
>senior year
>have zero work ethic
>havent cared about school for the longest unless it was science
>i get grades lower than As when i actually try
>i fucked my oife out of anger
>failing in college now
>manic depression and thoughts of suicide and murder, not sure if curiosity or desire
>mfw all i had to do was homework to prevent this

Shit I've heard from a flat earther:
- Space travel is impossible because there is no oxygen in space
- A fan in a vacuum room is proof that you can't have thrust in space
- We have to live under a dome so the air doesn't escape

You have to see how believing that all together doesn't make sense? Yes you reuse a lot of what's learned in school, but when you apply it it always checks out and there are no holes in the story. The ability to link different things together and fix holes in a chain of logic conclusions is what unintelligent people seem to lack or be worse in.

Been to a french highschool. Then german university. I'm fucking A-ppalled by how stupid americans are.

Flame-out as a kid is one of the worst thing that can happen to someone.

The first year and a half of college i was taking GEs i didnt care for or understand so my gpa was whatever. Then my gf of four years dumped me in the middle of semester and i withdrew from life but not classes and got three Fs. I made a plan with a counselor to take a shit load of math and science which i actually care about and rn the math class is already reinvigorating me. I just i can fix myself soon i already dropped a job because of anxiety and depression

u qualified to attend univerty? thats like more than a lot of people. just focus on u and stop comparing urself fag

Keep working at it man.

Take notes + caffeine
I used to pop 2 caffeine pills before physics lecture

Op, im in the same exact boat. 3rd year computer science major. Below 3.0 because classes i dont care about fucked me but now my motivation is so low o struggle with the stuff im interested in. Literally you have to realize that its not entirely your fault. Being praised and not trying throughout primary school built up your mindset that you are smart and dont have to try. College is hard. Engineering is hard. The only thing you can do is realize that you are still intelligent. You always will be. However you are getting to a point where stuff doesnt come naturally anymore. I cant stress this enough. ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO. You are normal. Its normal to fuck up during college, to fail, get C's. Its ok, you rnt a failure. You can do it. You just have to beat your ass and force yourself to get into gear. You can do this. Start doing extra when it comes to your classes. Read the textbook or online notes for supplemental help. Tutoring. You are not a failure because stuff doesnt come naturally anymore. This is the biggest thing that is helping me. I believe in you. Hope this helps

-fellow barely surviving college student.

And this goes to anyone else too. And for those who ask how to pay attention to shitty proffesors, dont. If you know you rnt gonna pay attention dont go to class because you are wasting time. Spend that time learning on your own if you can, instead of sitting on your phone in class wanting to go home. Understand how your mind works when it comes to stuff like this. I dont go to shitty proffesor lectures. Instead, i spend my time trying to learn on my own because thats more productive than sitting on my phone wanting to go home.

They dont care about you. When you get to that level they are only teaching because they have to. They are doing research with the uni and the only way they can continue their research at that uni is to teach classes. So they half ass the classes so they can do research. Learn on your own.