ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4359818/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9117178
youtube.com/watch?v=KezHKbUzy0A
newatlas.com/the-science-of-cute/23707/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

blood

Meat taste good.

meat

the fact that i can eat whatever the fuck i want and all you can do about it is cry on the internet

the flavor of meat

lol

nothing apart from the fact that the food i enjoy contains previously living things. i love the vegans, i thin they have the ethical high ground. i don't think i'm above them, i just don't want to change my diet. i hope more people adopt veganism to make up for assholes like me. god knows this planet needs it.

I have no real objection to veganism, but I think that stopping the killing and cruel treatment of our fellow human beings is a much more pressing concern.

Nature. There is no such thing on this Earth as a truly herbivorous species. Cows, deer, and horses frequently eat insects and will even trample and eat smaller animals from time to time because they're lacking in nutrients that they can't obtain from a completely plant based diet. Even plants will consume meat. Native Americans were known to bury fish in the soil with their seeds because they discovered that plants that fed on dead animal tissue grew taller and gave a greater yield of foodstuffs. Veganism isn't natural, safe, or healthy. All life on the planet, plant and animal, is descended from a puddle of primordial algae that ate itself to survive. All life on Earth is meant to consume one another. Surviving and thriving despite adversity is the driving force of evolution. The brain is made of fat. Doctors and nutditionists have linked the rise of childhood ADHD and autism with parents forcing low fat and vegan diets on their children and hindering proper brain development. Veganism is an attempt to reverse the evolution of humanity. I foresee the children and grandchildren of these new age modern yuppie vegans being exceptionally stupid and worthless.

What about them having previously been alive makes it appealing? Also you know there is fruitarians? they think plants are alive so they only eat fruit because fruit is intended to be consumed. so maybe you try being vegan and join fruitarian groups to feel like youre still eating live things lol
but thanks for sharing your honest opinion

youtu.be/ZnYNmGMsU18

You can care about multiple things.
One of my role models is coretta scott king. She was a civil rights, lgbt, and animal rights activist.
Do you have a specific *event* (for lack of a better word) that you're talking about when you say the killing and cruel treatment of humans?

Vegetarianism is fine but Vegan-ism just seems to reject centuries of progress
Also I like milk in my coffee

lol a lot of what you said is not true so i'm going to assume you're trolling or too dense to talk to.

gonna go have a burger now

>because they're lacking in nutrients that they can't obtain from a completely plant based diet.
Post the science behind that. All the evidence points to the fact that humans can consume all essential nutrients from plans with the exception of b12, which is found in well-water and soil, but we don't drink well water anymore, and we clean our vegetables very thoroughly.
>Native Americans were known to bury fish in the soil with their seeds because they discovered that plants that fed on dead animal tissue grew taller and gave a greater yield of foodstuffs.
Native Americans starved, you want you use them as the pinnacle of perfect farms? C'mon man.
>All life on Earth is meant to consume one another.
How do you explain 100% healthy 100% vegan human beings?
Also, just to let you know, this is called an appeal to nature logical fallacy.
>Doctors and nutditionists have linked the rise of childhood ADHD and autism with parents forcing low fat and vegan diets on their children and hindering proper brain development.
Post the science. Low fat has nothing to do with veganism.
>I foresee the children and grandchildren of these new age modern yuppie vegans being exceptionally stupid and worthless.
Kyrie irving is a vegan and he could beat the shit out of you in any sport. Patrik Baboumian is vegan and he could literally beat the shit out of you, who's the worthless one now?

What do you mean by that? "seems to reject centuries of progess"

You should give non dairy milk a chance. I would recommend almond milk, soy is a little off for me.

It's not that being Vegan makes you stronger or healthier, watching what you eat, planning a diet and regular exercise makes you stronger and healthier
A Vegan body builder is strong because he's a fucking body builder, he didn't get instantly stronger by cutting out animal products

god put animals on this earth for us to domesticate and sustain ourselves on
also animals would eat you if given the chance
fuck them

youtu.be/R69UaguIsNg

I think you're underrating how much work bodybuilders and weightlifters put into their diets. Counting out every gram of fat/protein/carbs is the norm.
I'm not saying all the sudden going vegan is going to turn you into a beast, it definitely won't hurt, but the health evidence is growing study by study.

>god put animals on this earth for us to domesticate and sustain ourselves on
where does it say that?
>also animals would eat you if given the chance
You don't hold yourself to the same moral standard as a dog do you?

>where does it say that
in the fucking bible
>same moral standard as a dog
according to faggots we're all equal in that we are animals
and no, i don't, because i don't eat animals out of spite or desire, i'm thankful for the nutrition i gain from eating meat
animals can't do that

Vegetables taste like shit.

This! those are good examples of strong vegans but we also have vegans that are head strong such as: albert einstein, leonardo da vinci, and pythagoras.

I'm an omnivore, like all non-degerate humans

I dont like vegetables or fruits very much. I like bread and stuff though

Affordability right now. It's cheaper for us to live off of cheaper meat and veggies for now until I finish university.

>in the fucking bible
Holy shit are you some kind of theologist? amazing.
One of the 10 commandments is thou shall not kill smart guy holyshit.
Just because you're an animal doesn't mean you should be acting like one. You fucking ape.

animals don't have souls retard

>i don't believe what you say. you need to site your sources
Motherfucker why is the burden of proof on me every goddamn time I say something. You obviously know how to use the goddamn internet because youre using it to browse fucking Sup Forums. Do I have to write a fucking bibliography every single goddamn time I repeat any information. How about this instead, fact check yourself before calling what somebody tells you bullshit. There are several videos online showing "herbivore" animals killing and eating other animals. There are several articles about the link between low fat diets and brain development. You could google every fucking thing youre trying to claim as bullshit and find that most of what I said was information collecteded from several sources.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Fun fact: thou shalt not kill is really more like thou shalt not kill 'unjustly.' The Bible goes on to explain the myriad of ways you can and should kill people.

Meat tastes good.

your palette likes shitty food.
I was eating fast food several times a week, almost daily and I hardly ate vegetables. After going vegetarian, I started depending on cheese cause i missed meat and didnt like veggies. and then i went vegan and i really had nothing to eat. at least thats what it felt like, i got use to my lifestyle chance, started becoming more involved with my meals (and by that i mean cooking, i depended on fast food a lot before) and now i legitimately like veggies. And i love it, meat made me feel heavy and greasy.

Now imagine what would happen if you actually cooked with meat instead of just eating shitty fast food meat.

Thanks? How is this pertinent to my statement?

I'm not gay.

Not vegan for the same reason I'm not religious: don't like groups of weirdos putting arbitrary restrictions on me. Laws already do that enough, thank you.

Where do you live? I understand in some places healthy food is expensive but that's not usually the case.
If you're interested,there's groups on facebook you can join that are for broke or cheap vegans. I'm in like 2 broke vegan groups and they're amazing,a lot of good recipes for tight budgets.

Fine, bitch:
It is the position of the American Dietetic Association that appropriately planned vegetarian diets, including total vegetarian or vegan diets, are healthful, nutritionally adequate, and may provide health benefits in the prevention and treatment of certain diseases. Well-planned vegetarian diets are appropriate for individuals during all stages of the life cycle, including pregnancy, lactation, infancy, childhood, and adolescence, and for athletes.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

Vegetarian diets effectively lowered blood levels of total, LDL, HDL and non-HDL cholesterol more than the control diets.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26508743

Women on a low-fat vegan diet lost more weight after one and two years, compared to those following a low-fat diet. Also, women receiving group support were better able to lose weight and maintain it.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17890496

A whole-food, plant-based vegan diet improved symptoms in participants with osteoarthritis.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4359818/

A probiotic-rich, raw vegan diet changes gut flora and decreases symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis more effectively than a standard omnivorous diet.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9117178

but those are all first generation vegans. to say that a person who was raised on a rounded and complete diet full of fats, proteins, and amino acids during the critical stages of development and then became vegans later in life is a good example of how veganism doesn't create adverse negative effects is stupid. I lile using Travis Barker, the drummer from Blink 182 as an example. Been vegan most of his adult life. After his plane crash he kept slipping in and out of comas and having seizures. His doctors concluded that his diet wasn't sufficient for his brain to recover from the injuries. Travis Barker began eating meat and his brain made a full recovery. He later returned to his vegan diet because he said he felt like he had more energy but he admits that now he will eat eggs and cheese and maybe drink some milk and broth from time to time because he's come to realize that a vegan diet doesnt offer all that is essential for good health.

Are you dumb, it's cheaper to be a vegan than a meat eater.

The fact that humans are the dominant species and everything in this world is here for us to use.

Fuck you.

Right now I'm in shithole USA NYC. Everything is too expensive.

Not in NYC.

I did cook at home before i got older and got a job and started doughing out cash for food cause i was a lazy fatty. but before that, i did cook and i def didnt feel like shit like i did with fast food but i didnt feel amazing either like i do on a plant based diet. should have mentioned that in the other post lol

your mentality

Yeah, let's go back to stoning people.
tbh, if you really don't give a shit, could you slit a pigs throat with your bare hands and a knife, and have no problem with it?

imagine how the animals you eat feel. We're the weirdos that have restricted these poor souls for our own taste buds.

I was just pointing it out, I don't follow the Bible. Also, yes, I could slit a pigs throat with my bare hands and a knife.

>implying animal life is in any way more valuable than plant life.

No, thanks. I'm not a hypocrite.

That's dope. You should work at a farm/slaughter house. Butchers do well man.

> I would do anything I possibly could if they said like, ‘There’s a possibility you might heal faster if you do eat meat or just change your eating habits’.

The guy has always been skinny as fuck, I don't see a big vegan bodybuilder having this same problem

I already do well, but thanks.

How about a dog?

Sure.

>Could you slice a pigs throat
Slaughterhouse animals are dispatched by a bullet or bolt to the head. It's a quick, painless, and humane death. Do you actually think there's some weird Leatherface-type motherfucker just walking around a field of animals slicing their necks with a rusty cleaver and that's how ham gets on your plate?

I mean the latter sounds cool.

Well, you're a freak, I hope you don't breed, or have already.

What's your argument?

How am I a freak? Dogs are raised as livestock in some places.

God I wish... makes me want to jerk off on a ham using bacon grease as lube...

>humane
youtube.com/watch?v=KezHKbUzy0A

Because i'm not a pussy

Yeah, and that's fucked up. Dogs(and animals) feel pain and fear, and they suffer just as humans. They have central nervous systems. You don't feel any empathy towards them at all?

No, why should I?

Mmmm your tight little vegan budget. And being vegan you're too weak and feeble so I basically prison rape you

Ight, i'm getting trolled but I'll play along.
It's through empathy that we develop compassion. And it's through compassion that we make the world a better place for each other.

Not how slaughterhouses work, friend. My uncle works at a slaughterhouse part-time and he's a butcher by trade. He's told me before that the animals are dispatched usually with a bullet to the brain because even though guns and bullets are more expensive than the hydraulic bolt it's much more reliable and gives a good humane kill every time. He said the animals are hung by hooks after being dispatched and a machine will usually peel the skin off. Then the animal is brought to your work station. Youre covered from head to toe in latex and plastic, with an additional bleached apron over it. You get one stainless steel table with 3 knives that were boiled and bleached and sharpened for you. Once you pick up a knife, if you lay it back down for any reason it has to be discarded and replaced with a new set of knives and new gloves. The way he describes the process and how strict they are about cleanliness and sanitation makes it sound more like theyre transplanting organs than cutting a rump roast off a fucking cow. It definitely doesnt sound like fun.

>kosher
found the problem

Make my world better for me by lapping on my man root vegan faggot

where does these cucks came?
this is 4ch not tumblr

You're not being trolled. The key word in what you just said is "each other." We are people. Having empathy and compassion for other people makes sense. Pigs and dogs are not people. Having empathy and compassion for them does not make sense.

I think what this faggot means is that no animal has any merit for existence. To think otherwise is to assume that we have some great purpose which is in truth a fucking delusion. We survive to continue our species plain and simple. Your emotional attachment to things that are present for human continuity will cause a means for extinction. There is no God, there is no grand plan. We must survive.

People love their dogs and cats as family, how do you explain that?

False, animals have unconscious nociception, they don't feel pain.

Shellfish, amphibians, and insects don't have complex nervous systems. That's why nobody gives a fuck when you boil lobsters alive. They cant feel it. So does it hurt your feelings if we eat frogs legs, shrimp, and crickets? Would that be okay?

Yet you have no proof for the idea that there's no God and no grand design. You don't know one way or the other and neither do I. So having empathy and compassion for other living things makes sense based on that alone. Of course you're here, on Sup Forums, so I've got to assume you have the emotional depth of a straw that's fallen on its side.

Personal preference / malfunctioning of instincts. There are also people who love their cars and other inanimate objects.

plz stop, everybody can see how much of a cuck u are

Feel free to elaborate.

Lol. Neither do you.

But you have about 200,000+ retroviruses making up 8% of your genome, get learnt dumb godfag.

we both know
>malfunctioning of instincts
is weak at best. And personal preference just makes no sense either.

Sane people don't sob for months after they lose an inanimate object, but it happens EVERYDAY with pets.

hey look everyone virgin basement atheist has arrived

I could say the same of you. You can place faith in what you like. Whatever helps you sleep at night. But at the end of the day if I need to fucking kill a dog to feed myself, I'll do it. That's the nature of humanity. Having animals as pets is pure fucking vanity. A little bullshit anecdote to tell your bitchling friends about how sparky licked the peanut butter off of your stones. Remember something, it wasnt too long ago that we were hunter gatherers and fur traders. Don't get all fucking high and mighty because you've had the luxury of not living such a life but the truth is that's what we are and if you can't figure that you must have the mental complexity of a cucumber.

cost and convenience.

i'm vegetarian like 5 days a week pretty much just due to lack of trying to care about what i eat be it meat or not, so until shits easy and cheap i'm just gonna be the convenient omnivore

>we both know malfunctioning of instincts
is weak at best.
I don't. Humans tend to like things like puppies and kittens because the eye:head ratio and general size is similar to a human baby. It's just your instinct to find babies adorable fucking with you.
>And personal preference just makes no sense either.
Why not? Different people like different things. I don't need some excuse to not like the things you like and you don't need some deep reason to like things I don't like.
>Sane people don't sob for months after they lose an inanimate object, but it happens EVERYDAY with pets.
If you sob for months because you lost a pet, I think you should seek counseling. That isn't normal.

Sure thing. Fish live completely absently from pain altogether due to how simple their nervous system is (there are quite a few scientific articles on this). Dogs and cows, being mammals, obviously have a more complex nervous system than fish but no where near as complex as a human's. Pain also requires the ability to rationalize, something that non-sapient animals (literally all of them except humans) don't have. Look up difference between sentience and sapience for more on this subject.

don't vegans eat as much as farm animals to keep the calorie intake?

But is it morally justified to kill unprovoked, just to live? If you acknowledge that killing plants is wrong, then the moral course is to starve yourself to death.

There are a handful of animal species thay have a sense of self. Humans are one such animal, among some other apes, and ocean mammals. Most other animals don't understand self. Because they don't understand self they can't recognize themselves in a mirror. They don't understand nor comprehend individuality nor life nor death. Feeling pain and understanding it are two different things. When we feel pain we ask complex questions. What is causing this? Why is this happening to me? How can I make this stop? When will it end? We can look inward and find a deeper meaning because we understand the concept of one. Animals simply lack the capacity. It's a hard idea for humans to grasp but the simplicity of a dogs mind is why we love them so much. They don't understand that they are the family dog and they can't understand the the family is made of individuals. To them the family is all just one big animal and a pain or absence of the family is as inconsequential as losing a finger or toe.

Nobody wants to die. So we do what we must to survive. Sorry that's nature.

>Humans tend to like things like puppies and kittens because the eye:head ratio and general size is similar to a human baby. It's just your instinct to find babies adorable fucking with you.
I'd love to see the science on that shit.
>I don't need some excuse to not like the things you like and you don't need some deep reason to like things I don't like.
Technically you're right, you're free to run around and do whatever you want as long as you don't infringe on others rights, but generally speaking it's only logical to think things through father then a marmoset.
Loving pets is a lot different then having a favorite color.
>If you sob for months because you lost a pet, I think you should seek counseling. That isn't normal.
My apologies, the better word would have been "mourn".

Well, I like eating eggs for breakfast; and enjoy bacon on my pizza for starters.

>I'd love to see the science on that shit.
Google is your friend: newatlas.com/the-science-of-cute/23707/
>Loving pets is a lot different then having a favorite color.
Not really.
>My apologies, the better word would have been "mourn".
Yeah, I still wouldn't say that's normal.