About to go in for sentencing for my OVI. I'm in Ohio what should I expect/do. I don't have a lawyer

About to go in for sentencing for my OVI. I'm in Ohio what should I expect/do. I don't have a lawyer.

Are you black?

I never had an OVI, but my dad did. He got fined and was forced to go to AA for a couple weeks. He was hardly drunk and was busted for a little bit of pot.

Ohio-user reporting in.

I've seen many, many of these in the past year or so. I can tell you it's better than a DUI. I saw high schoolers get some "rehabilitation classes" and fines. One police officer got one and was suspended with pay for about 2 weeks. I would say you're probably alright, if the judge is having a good day

Another Ohiofag. One of our cops got busted trying to fuck around with a 14 year old. Got 30 day suspension and his family got a spot in the newspaper saying it was too harsh of a punishment.

No
I'm about to turn 20 and blew a .02 once I got to the station. You think I'll be alright? Should I bother getting a public defender?

What’s an ovi scotfag here we don’t have them here

Operating Vehicle under Influence. Same as DUI

Am I the only non-degenerate in this thread who isn't familiar with criminal conduct? What does OVI stand for?

>what should I expect/do. I don't have a lawyer

Bend over. Grab ankles.

First offense? You should be fine. I'd still recommend a public defender. You could try for a lesser fine by saying you'll take classes or some shit.

Yeah, sounds about right. I don't know if that's an Ohio thing or what, but this has happened similarly in my neck of the woods as well.
Man, mouthwash could make you blow that (J O K I N G, fags). I honestly think you should be alright; what's the judge like?

You should just not cry, be a man, even if youre a woman..thats all i got.

and there i was thinking it had something to do with cheese pizza
fucking unrelated pics

Isn't that the same as a DUI or DWI just a different name? I got a DUI for popping pain pills and xans. I hardly remember the night but I Def remember waking up.

Dont drink and drive faggot

No, an OVI is typically associated with lesser charges

Yeah it's for drugs and/or alcohol.

(You)

Furthermore, I would consider a public defender, just so you don't get beat up if Mr. Robe is having a bad day

Just refer to your lawyer as a fuckman and tell the judge he is asking for sexual favours

Oh no. Cheese pizza will get a big, lonely cell mate.

Sorry, didn't see that. Ok then, personally I think you deserve whatever was coming to you if you were drinking and then operating a motor vehicle.

But the way I see it, the only way to appeal to a judge without having a lawyer is to be 100% honest, completely forthright, and explain what happened. Admit that it was a lapse in judgement and that you have no valid excuse and are willing to accept whatever punishment is deemed fit by the court. Your honesty and willingness to own up to what you've done just might impress the judge enough to offer you community service.

From now on whenever you apply a job you'll have to write a heartfelt letter about how much you regret it. They're really common, though, and probably count as a misdemeanor there. Like most people who have a record have it because of a DUI.

My town had a moody judge for awhile. If he was having a shit day, everyone got fucked over. If he was having a good day, everyone still got fucked over but he laughed about it. That guy was fucking sociopath. He eventually moved to county court so we seem much less. Now we got a friendly old lady, who still fucks you over, but she seems nice.

why are you in court so much? Bunch of retard degenerates.

m

ԯ

֢

I've never been in trouble with the law. When I was in Junior High, we went to court as a school project and watched other people get shit. One guy started complaining and raised his voice. The cop ended tazing him and the judge thought it was hilarious and laughed about for a solid 30 secs. He also had a reputation all over town, so we all knew he was evil before we even went there.

OP here. Judge seemed nice. Apparently I also had underage purchase of beer on the ticket too. Anyways I got a public defender and a new court date.