Spotify just told me I follow too much music. I guess, I, like a chump...

Spotify just told me I follow too much music. I guess, I, like a chump, assumed that when paying for a streaming music service I could follow as much music as I wanted.

I thought I was doing some sort of half assed good thing by paying $10 a month, thinking that at least a fraction of a penny was going to actual musicians I listen to.

I guess it's back to pirating.

Fuck you Spotify. You just made a customer an enemy.

Thats what you get for using spotify. Use either AM or GPM

>pirating in 2017
>it's all YouTube conversions on russian sites and torrents

I miss the good days.

Is AM android music? If so, what is GPM? I'm way out of the fucking loop, if that wasn't blatantly olbvious.

>Not using slsk
Come on

Same here. While I'm obviously dating myself, I used to be a poweruser+ on OiNK back when it was a thing. Before that I was a pretty prominent member of the somethingawful dc++

I guess the good times don't last forever.

Apple music and Google Play music. Both are 10 a month I think, apple music is better if you have an ipod or mac or something because of its integration with itunes and the icloud shit. google music comes with youtube red I believe so if you're into that then that's cool.

why do you need to "follow" ?

following an artist can be a way past the retarded "you have too much music saved" shit. u can follow so if you want to listen to their album its faster than searching them

I guess that's a valid question. I suppose I'm just used to being able to sort and view as much music as I want, in whatever context I want.

hmm interesting. I've never really messed with all the features I guess, I just type/search for what every time.

Just so I understand it, you literally never listen to anything you don't directly search for?

sometimes I look at related artists or turn on radio mode or a couple playlists, but yeah mainly search.

You don't have a desire to expand the music you listen to? I mean, if you don't that's totally cool, I'm not trying to be an asshole about it, I just don't understand. I listen to my discover weekly playlist almost religiously, in the hopes that I hear something that strikes my ear and makes me want to listen everything they've ever done. So I follow them as a way of taking note. Maybe I never listen to them again, but the note has been taken and maybe one day when I'm bored I'll come across them in my artists list and remember what was so great about them.

>You don't have a desire to expand the music you listen to?
I do of course, but I don't use spotify for recommendations. I just use it to play what I found out about elsewhere.

Apple Music is great for artist variety and recommended music. Also available on android and works just as well (im a user)

Google Play is great for integration into android and chrome. Good selection but I went back to apple after my trial. Cant go wrong with either

>Not using streaming on your phone
I mean for home use yes, but everyone has a phone these days

I guess it's just an easy tool to turn a recommended song by an artist into the full discography of that artist.

Epic collection friend

>So I follow them as a way of taking note. Why don't you just save the track/album instead?

Because sometimes the track/album is lesser than the artist. Besides that, Spotify has limited my albums, not my artists.