I fucking HATE, HATE, HATE bucket drummers

I fucking HATE, HATE, HATE bucket drummers.

They always play near my fucking building, they are loud as fuck, play for HOURS and no matter how many times I stink bomb them, scream at htem, call the cops, or try and reason with their forcing me to listen to their blatant fucking NOISE another will always show up.

What the fuck can I do? Why the fuck do people play literal garbage on the street? The on out there now has buckets, fucking metal dog dishes and a god damn rapper singing with this bullshit.

It's not fucking music.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FqJdzYY_Fas
youtube.com/watch?v=mQzs5xB5BI8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What in the fuck is this

Violence is the only language some people understand.

Did you try killing them

this is what you get for living in a City

Set up beside them

An artist respects the silence that serves as the foundation of creativity.

Like can they at least play something other than the same fucking 4/4 16th note alternation shit? Fucking hell

It's bucket drumming.

Some faggot sets up on the sidewalk and hits this shit with sticks for 3-8 hours and you just have to deal with it. Tourists encourage them blindly, give them a shitload of money, and keep bringing them back to the same spot and the locals get driven up the god damn wall.

We all hate em OP but unfortunately until you man up and run them over they will keep setting up shop. Tell them what they are though on the daily and get others to as well.

I dealt with it for a long ass time. Then one night this guy fucking sets up at 8pm and played until 5am. After that I started stink bombing him but it got expensive and then I ended up getting shitfaced one night and went out and yelled at him and he fucked off for good.

Now there is a new one that has been showing up. I wonder if I can record the noise and share it with you guys. It's absurd, they set up at 1AM on a thursday morning and there are these shithead tourists out there going WOOOOOOOOO and it's just a constant thumping and ding ding ding. I'm probably stuck here listening to it until at least 3AM.

>this guy fucking sets up at 8pm and played until 5am

Why?? aren't they buskers?? why would they busk at night when there is literally no-one around to give them money.

>get bagpipes
>play them as loud as possible 2 feet away

It's New Orleans. There are always people around.

Print out some of these signs and set up shop next to them

Probably hoping to become the next youtube sensation

Op you have to join them

Can you like, call the cops on them or something? That has to be illegal.

This. You must outperform them and run them out of town because you get all the tips. Defend your territory, pussy.

i work in a tourist infested part of the city and there's always this fucking bucket drummer outside and he's so loud you can hear him from the inside of my work
i genuinely wish harm upon him

I have plenty of sign making stuff. I am been considering hanging a sign up where they play that claims to ban bucket drumming or music busking in general but I have to do it when no one is around and that's tough in this city.

I placed an order for pic related the other night. The war goes on.

The cops will only do something if the crowd is blocking the street. If they show up at all, it's sort of a low priority call for them.

The only response to terrorism is stronger terrorism, OP

I wonder if I can rig up an air horn on a remote control and tuck it into the sewer near them.

Watch the next death grips will have zach playing bucket drums exclusively

agreed. may satan ass rape them in the fiery depths of hell for all of eternity.

this

What about a silencend BB gun?

Lmao, do it. When I first got a dog as a kid we had these little rattley cymbal things that you'd throw at the floor when the puppy what misbehaving and it would scare the shit out of him. It's like that except for shitty talentless buskers

Also didn't you say you're in New Orleans? Honestly I'm shocked that the shitty buskers haven't been driven out through competition already

Doesn't work that that.

You'll get a good busker, like a couple violinists or a guitarist for example. And they'll be fine but then six brass players will show up and just strong arm them off the corner. Either by sheer numbers or just playing over them until they fuck off. I feel like an asshole sometimes because I love living in New Orleans but I have come to despise brass bands.

Imagine you are sitting at a coffee house having a pleasant conversation and in the middle of it a guy with a guitar sets up across the street and it's this lovely compliment to the evening. Now imagine it's actually a saxophone and he plays so loud you can't hear the person you're talking to.

That's living in this city.

It feels nitpicky but I can't resist pointing out that sax is a woodwind, not a brass instrument. That said, sax and trumpet are for sure the kings of playing far louder than is welcome
t. Hornist

Didn't know that, appreciate the correction.

Yeah, saxes are made of brass but all reed instruments are considered woodwinds (plus flute). The terms have been around longer than saxes have, so it gets a bit messy

and on some AM radio stations

I know some dudes who bucket drum in no, ill tell them to lay lo by you. give me an intersection.

Toulouse and Rampart, tell them to make sure their phones are displayed and that any stereotypes about the troubled youths are purely false.

>google bucket drummer
>this comes up
hahahahahaha what the fuck

Laugh what you want. He is doing what he likes and he is being good, hell, i could say AMAZING than any drummer that i have listen to.
Maybe you know, you are the one who is f****n* jealous about it. Sitting in your house and haven do anything that you like and even get money for that!

If he is so good why doesn't he get an actual drum set and play with a band instead of inflicting this bullshit on everyone around him whether they want to hear it or not?

Have you ever listened to math rock? What he's doing is just mashing the drums repeating patterns quickly, basically just a cardio work out with a specific rhythm. You know nothing about drumming and how complex it can get. Most amateur percussionist can do exactly what he's doing. Infact I learned to do it in highschool for band. The audacity of the uploader to call him "the best drummer ever" just goes to show the depth of most people when it comes to percussion knowledge.

I doubt you live there
anyway, they usually fuck off around espalande.

not that guy, but even if he's basically just playing rudiments with no syncopation no nuffin, he still has pretty serious chops, and his playing is tight. He's clearly there to impress people and make some money, and he's doing a good job of it.

Not that bucket drumming as a medium isn't obnoxious

Now give him a real drumset and ask him to play actual music and lets see if his autism smashing is still tight. No fucking finesse and no technical ability.

They should respect the silence that serves as the foundation for creativity.

But that's not what he's there to do. He's there to show off and make money. He's soloing, so of course it wouldn't sound good in the middle of a fucking swing chart. Besides, there are circumstances where that kind of drumming can sound good (lots of jungle/drum and bass stuff for instance).

Once again, I'm not saying he's a spectacular, versatile, or even creative drummer, but it's disingenuous to say that a standard high school band student can sit down and bust out a solo like that with any sort of consistency.

Hmm. Agreed. You win.

Still a sack of shit though.

i'm new here how do i upvote

This nigga knows his shit.

Does you head make shapes like Tom in that Tom and Jerry episode?

this is good though

youtube.com/watch?v=mQzs5xB5BI8

memorize the speech and flex on them OP, it's the only way

What kind of music do you enjoy?

Are you that Jewish dwarf op

I was just thinking that. What kind of moron moves to one of the loudest, most heavily populated places on the planet and then complains about how loud the people are? Adapt to your environment or head to the suburbs, shit.