Good albums that Sup Forums doesn't really talk about often

either because that artist is obscure or it's a gem that gets overshadowed by other albums in the artist's discography

Post some

>starting with pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r0pOK6j3Q2E
youtube.com/watch?v=xnnuGZ3QKgM
youtube.com/watch?v=NsPkyMi2WWU
youtube.com/watch?v=2pViyS-B6g0
youtube.com/watch?v=tM0BDKkSBmY
youtube.com/watch?v=TIOpn8aTRGU
youtube.com/watch?v=8eh6jWLmKcc
youtube.com/watch?v=EpGizNPuXZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

legendary album, never seen mentioned on mu. i shahzamed it in a vegan restaurant/thrift store (both in the same building)

i used to shill for that album hardcore good taste dude

also, goat hip-hop album. never seen mentioned in those "best rap album" threads.
h-town > coastie-roastie "rappers"

reggae doesn't get enough love in general in mu so bumping with the goat

bump

anything good from finland

The Warning XXI Century Blood if you like hard rock with an old school edge. Think Pat BenatAr singing AC/DC, Scorpions, or Maiden.

everything adrian sherwood produced > anything lsp produced

is it like merzbow's hundreds of noise diarrhea albums or actual music?

Yes.

Don't think I've seen pic related posted here. I see plenty of soft bulletin era Flaming Lips and earlier Mercury Rev though. It's pretty good too.
I'll give this a listen, I liked Gensho.
Morphine is great indeed.

anything by Beck outside of Sea Change

Dragonslayer by Sunset Rubdown. I wish Sup Forums hadn't forgotten about this album:

youtube.com/watch?v=r0pOK6j3Q2E
youtube.com/watch?v=xnnuGZ3QKgM
youtube.com/watch?v=NsPkyMi2WWU
youtube.com/watch?v=2pViyS-B6g0
youtube.com/watch?v=tM0BDKkSBmY
youtube.com/watch?v=TIOpn8aTRGU
youtube.com/watch?v=8eh6jWLmKcc
youtube.com/watch?v=EpGizNPuXZQ

one of the best shoegaze albums ever made desu

Boris with Merzbow is probably my favourite live album, Rainbow is one of the standouts for me

both of these were memed to hell at points on here

This holt shit this, it sounds like Warning mixed with The Stooges

must have missed that, I've rarely seen Belong mentioned in my years of lurking

Merzbow's providing support for Boris playing some of their best work live. Think Feedbacker + Pink + Akuma No Uta.

desu you can barely even hear merzbow on it
but his collabs with boris are all pretty great

aww a pleb :)

This album is a masterpiece, it's kind of ridiculous how underrated it is. Honestly, I find it surprising that it's not talked about that often.

This was a borderline meme when it came out, lurk more

Maya Rudolph's mother.

>titled Rock Dream
>it's all that anyone could ever want from the genre
I envy the hell out of anyone that was in the concert from which this was recorded

Really? I've been on and off of here since about 2014, and I've only seen it mentioned by other people like, twice, at most. That's cool.

I feel like Sun Baked Snow Cave gets some more props on here

>Gensho
Better than Gensho imo

my old roommate's dog gnawed on the corner of my copy of this. LPs are still fine but damn, fucking mutt.

>I envy the hell out of anyone that was in the concert from which this was recorded

Am I the only person who thinks live shows are overrated? I like live albums, but people treat live shows as though they're these ridiculous experiences that are transcendental or something. It can get kind of uncomfortable standing up that long, and depending on the place you're located in the venue and the speakers/acoustics at the venue, it might not be the best sounding. Volume is great, but it's also an easy way for nuances you're used to from a band get drowned out.

Of course, this depends on the band and the venue in question. I watched Sunn O))) live, for example, and it's one of my best live experiences I've had, but people hyping it up to be pure insanity or saying things like "the bass is so loud it makes me feel like I'm high on something" or whatever just seems like hyperbole to me.

Boris touring Pink a few years ago was the greatest concert I've ever witnessed. I think of it fondly every day.

Check out live at wolf creek

All boris live albums are amazing and have a raw energy that blows my socks off

Anything by dance gavin dance. only hated because fantano gave them a 1/10 or whatever but they have great albums like pic related.

I saw Boris live as well. Very good show.
Also caught the tail end of the Earth set when I got there. It was pretty cool.

early dgd fuckin slaps. dbm, the death star album and pic related are still on my rotation after all these years

YOU CANT CARRY THE LOAD

YOU CANT HANDLE WEIGHT

fuck yeah DGD is great, and all of their side projects too.

Boris is not my favorite band but it's the only one I want to 100% see before they disband, I have only heard great things of their live shows and they have an incredible catalog to work with

Nobody ever talks about Al because he's considered dadrock/dadfolk, but not even most people's dad's remember or are into him.

Dude is a genius songwriter and made some of the most beautiful music.

Boris are top tier live. Such a good experience, and honestly makes me appreciate their studio albums more than I already did. Also saw Pink (but this year in Aus) and really hoping they bring Dear here next year.

Easy one, everybody prefers to circlejerk over A Love Supreme

Honestly, Dear gets buried in their discography since they have so many classic albums to begin with. Dear is great, it's some of the best non-collaborative Boris material coming out in a while.

imo I don't think Dear gets buried at all. To me it stands out as the absolute best of modern Boris (their best since Pink even). Stuff like Dronevil and More Echoes, Touching Air Landscape do get buried though, which is a shame because almost all late 90s and early 2000s Boris stuff is fantastic.

imo I don't think Dear gets buried at all. To me it stands out as the absolute best of modern Boris (probably their best since Altar and Rainbow in 2006). Stuff like Dronevil and More Echoes, Touching Air Landscape do get a bit buried though, which is a shame because almost all late 90s and early 2000s Boris stuff is fantastic.

Funk gets no love here

This guy doesn't get the love he deserves, he's a god and recorded all his stuff by like 19 (he developed ALS and couldn't play anymore)

great record, while I love the title track, this is a God Tier Dad Rock record

Ole Coltrane is better than Bags & Coltrane. But I can see why you don't like A Love Supreme, I have to be in the mood for it.

This album is great, I love the title track, mabel’s Fatal fable, and eleven blue Egyptians.
I also enjoy marry friedman’s Dragon’s kiss and Scenes

This album is a masterpiece

My recent thread on this album:

I'm normally have no interest in going to live shows for those very reasons but I narrowly missed Melt-Banana coming to my country a couple years ago and am still sad about it to this day.

well fuck I was doubtful but this is a pleasant surprise

literally never seen this mentioned

He plays on that album actually, Dragon's Kiss

I'd argue Deep Purple period don't get no love. Probably cuz must Sup Forumstards don't know theory.

All of their albums actually