Since the inevitable inescapable end of life is death

since the inevitable inescapable end of life is death,
isnt suicide just a more efficient way of completing the journey ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

yes but it's also gay

No, because non-existence or nothingness is a logical impossibility. Look up generic subjective continuity, and internalize its horrific implications.

>a more efficient way of completing the journey ?
Only if you want a fast way of ending up in hell.

That's one way of looking at it

That implies the goal of life is to die, which might not be the case.

Can't go to Sovngarde that way

People should be able to feel responsible enough to take matters in to their own hands and end their lives. But there is no reason to end it just because you want the ride to end faster

The ride never ends for you.

I want to tongue a girls shithole

well theres 99% chance of an afterlife considering that for our universe to exist, something outside of the concept of time had to start it, whatever that may be. that being said suicide has a good chance of determining what happens after you die, so find jesus man

Your goal in life should not be to die, but instead to live your life in the most fulfilling way possible, and hopefully leave your mark on the world in some fashion.

None of which matters because all things in the universe will one day come to an end.

Welcome to Nihilism, enjoy your stay.

Nah, nothing had to start anything. Also, you're assuming presentism (our intuition on time) is metaphysical true. Eternalism is much less intuitive to our experience, but has no logical contradictions.

Ask suicide victims if they are enjoying Hell right now. You might be able to kill your flesh in this current life, but what happens to your spirit for doing such a thing is unfathomable. You will go to the spirit world where all of your senses are amplified. Pain is increased. Hearing. Seeing. Feeling. The smells of Hell is enough to cause you to suffocate 6 times over.

Well what is the spirit world? It is the thin veil layered on top of this living world. Ever fucked with an ouigi board and got a response from the dumb shit you asked spirits/demons? That is you tampering with the spirit world.

There are two types of fates for souls. Hell or Paradise. You want to go to Hell? Be a dumb retard and kill yourself, curse God, rob, murder, get into that wiccan shit, and worship sex and money. The demons waiting for you in the darkness of Hell want nothing more expensive than to torment your ass because it brings them pleasure amongst your own misery.

You want to go to Paradise? Open your heart to Christ. Learn about Him. Pour out your feelings to Him and see that you won't get a response from Him. Christ witnessing a suicide victim falling into Hell is like you witness someone you fell in love with go into the arms of another guy to kiss and hug. You think this is a joke? Then I pray that you experience a near death experience to witness first hand that there is a spirit world, and that you come back to tell about it.

Nah, best thing to do is whore yourself out. Each dick you takes another week off your sentence in hell.

never thought i would live to see the day where a chistfag posts on Sup Forums

>Lord God will send you to da pwace where all bad widdle boys and girls go when dey die.

It never ceases to amaze me that people still actually believe this shit.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." -Orson Welles

If God is real, why doesn't he just show himself once and prove it?
Just think how much the world would improve, if he just made his existence known for one day & told everyone what the one true religion was and what she be followed. But that sounds like a fantasy right...?

They always have some retarded excuse for shit like this. They're hopeless.
>Lord Jeebus wants to test us

Or on Sup Forums, they'll just call you a fedora and bounce.

>Ask suicide victims if they are enjoying Hell right now

Very kind of you to start your delusional rant by letting everyone know you're a fucking retard and they shouldn't waste their time reading the rest.

You need to grow up, nobody who's mentally past the age of 10 believes in any of that shit.

God is just Santa except your parents never tell you that God isn't real when you ask, they tell you that you'll burn in Hell if you ask again, which is how you end up sounding like a crazy fuck later in life.

The bible says blessed are those who have not seen, but still believe. John 20:29. I would rather take that risk than to not believe at all. You people are so quick to becoming lucifarians and believe in Satan, but won't even give any sort of curious glance towards Christ. No wonder you lot are so miserable.

>lessed are those who have not seen, but still believe.
Well I believe in the tooth fairy, so I guess I can;t be damned

I just want the sauce on this webm

>user: "I am suffering to the point where I feel like I can no longer endure life."
>God: "better not kill yourself, faggot, because I'll send you to a place where you'll suffer unimaginable horrors for all eternity"
... seems logical

If you're gonna suicide you should do something cool first.

That dudes butt is cute and I'm not gay

The tomb where Christ was layer to rest is authentic. The giant rolling Stone to block the entrance and the metal pegs that the Romans used to seal the door that is mentioned in the scriptures is real. Skull mountain where Christ was crucified is a real place. I take it that you edge lord teenagers who quick to spout opinions that you heard your other edge lord friends spout without even doing any research for yourselves. But go ahead and be angry. That will be a weight upon your own head.

Try it and find out.

>it's real, goize
Doesn't change the fact that there isn't a shred of evidence to support any of the ridiculous supernatural claims.

Also, since when did being logical equate to being an edgelord?

You christfaggots are so lazy with your arguments.

not him, but unless you broke both of your legs and are blind in one eye then your CRAWWWWWWLIIIING IIIIIINNNN MY SKIIIIIIIIIINNN definition of suffering is preschool nonsense

See: severe depression
See: bipolar disorder
See: schizophrenia
See: any number of physical and psychological ailments
See: you're fucking simple

Are you kidding? Did you get here last Thursday or something?

>There's no way my consciousness is the product of chemicals in my brain
>My mom told me I was speciul

I have at least two of the disorders you mentioned. You just have to accept it and realize it makes you a better person. Not a reason to kill yourself.

>Not a reason to kill yourself
For some people, it is. And I wouldn't judge them for it.

Dont think i could ever kill myself. Kinda curious how shit will turn out. Plus being a nerd there's always a new movie or game im excited to see.

SAUCE

this, though she's kind of ugly the body is nice

Can't argue with that logic, guess it's time to kill yourself OP

Idk what ur talking about Sagan is a big fake faggot to lol. I don't believe in either of that baby shit. I think when u die u will see flashbacks and images of either how shitty u were or how good u were nigga.

So a rock exist that proves Jesus turned fish into wine? Yeah ok buddy lol

you do not know where consciousness comes from

>nobody who's mentally past the age of 10 believes in any of that shit
both of you are simpletons
but you also seem pretty arrogant to assume that you understand the message behind millennia of human philosophy so well you can just dismiss it.

grey skull is real? all hail he-man!!!

kek'

spotted the newfag

> Religion: Something created the Universe.
> Science: The Universe created Itself.

Pick one.

I'm personally going with Pascal's Wager...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

Also I'm a Christfag.

>Also I'm a Christfag.

nah... you got the fag part right.

That's not what he's saying you fucking retard.

If your consciousness dissappears here, then you instantly are reborn elsewhere, because you can't tell time as your particles are disassembled. Countless universes can spring into existence and disappear in the blink of an eye and you wouldn't notice because you're not here. But once it does create something that is you, you'll only have been gone less than a second.

Not really... I just like pegging...

God here. Send me every dollar you own to my paypal. If you don't, I'm gonna send you to hell.

Neither do you

>what is Entropy?

Yeah, but the long way is a lot more scenic and enjoyable in the long run.

I'll give every cent I have. Because I trust, that's what Faith is.

But we kinda do. We can say, beyond a reasonable doubt, that consciousness is just the brain processing it's environment by means of the senses--particles interacting with each other. And there's no good reason to believe that it's anything but the product of evolutionary developments.

Pffff is is Lord Jeebus not answering those wishes, user?

I would do it, but I wouldn't want to hurt my parents and friends like that.

It’s not a journey if you pussy out when the going gets tough.

bahaha

all life processes its environment. even machines do that
try again

no fuck this, I'm not having an existential crisis today!

Nah you gotta tough it out , kys is cheating you must finish under normal circumstances and then you will be rewarded peace.

religion (at least christianity, but most religions) are much more complicated than that. man is made in the image of god. god is present in man. so something in man (the god bit) created the universe. and not just man in general but every individual man (or woman).

Nope. Not yet.
There's still bigots like you.

It amazing me that People belive in nothing or that there consciousness simply turns off When that is completly un unfathomable.

Hateful Christians always characterize people who disagree with them as bigots

Good

Yes, all life does that. What's your point? We're nothing but evolved communities of organisms.

And we're not all that unlike machines. And when quantum computing really kicks off and we realize the full potential of AI, it will become even more evident.
>but what about the soul, maaaan

And hateful bigots always belittle "Jeebus".
Yon don't have a leg to stand on. You started it.

The idea that we go to some supernatural realm after we die is vastly more unfathomable.

Yes.

more or sauce on the webm

Bait/10. Well written, but nobody that delusional is on here. It'd be more believable if you impersonated a footfag.

What do you think prompts people to do that? Underneath all the religious rhetoric is always a desire to see and to make the nonreligious suffer. You want them to suffer or to appear to be suffering. It is a non-stop compulsion of Christians.

It's not a complete journey if you didn't experience the whole ride OP.

You... you do know that was a ploy by the writers of the bible to more easily control the masses, don't you?

do u have the Sid from ice age pic of this?

need nostaglia

The person you're responding to isn't this user (me)

You were actually being pretty good natured about it.

all life does not have consciousness, so that does not explain it.
i have not mentioned the soul as I think you would get hung up on the word. Seems I was right.

my theory on suicide is that life is like a school , and you are here to get better. if you drop out u will always remain inferiori to those who didnt quit and u will have to put even more hard work in afterlife, for your debts u might find in same situation with more difficult level, commiting suicide isnt short cut to peace ,if it were tehre wud be no existence

>all life does not have consciousness
With respect to the animal kingdom, it's a spectrum. See: evolution.

>I have not mentioned the soul as I think you would get hung up on the word
Sure, sure. You didn't offer an alternative, because you know that it would eventually come back to some variation of the soul, and trying to prove that we're anything but corporeal material is futile.

Walking amongest the clouds and angels is a bit much but the whole existences of conscious not to mention the universe being all just a coincidences is just as unfathomable

>Implying the lake of fire is not a comfy place
Idk, they may have a cool fire jacuzzi

I don't think it is necessary for us to be anything more than corporeal material.
We don't know how consciousness comes about. We can't even define it well - it is something but we can't even say what it is.
You believe in the existence of a real world. The only evidence you have of that world's existence is your senses, but you dismiss the idea that your consciousness could have any role in creating that world. There is no way to prove the existence of a real world yet you still believe in it and mock others beliefs. Beliefs you don't understand that have been developed over millennia by the greatest thinkers our species has produced.

>coincidences
Who said it's just coincidences? Everything happens for a reason; it's called causality. As to the "origins" of the universe, that's a mystery, but the Cyclic Model would be one way to get around the cause-and-effect problem--and it's a hell of a lot more tangible than some supernatural entity with the desire to create.

>copies are connected by magic

Lily Adams

>We can't even define it well - it is something but we can't even say what it is
That's like saying we can't define what the universe is--it's an assemblage.

>but you dismiss the idea that your consciousness could have any role in creating that world
There's no good reason to believe that my consciousness creates my environment. Generally speaking, you can't get something from nothing; therefore, there must be a physical process that gives rise to our consciousness. Can I prove it? No, but I can settle on "beyond a reasonable doubt", and the rest is just woo woo until some compelling evidence comes to light.

>beliefs you don't understand that have been developed over millennia by the greatest thinkers our species has produced
What beliefs would you be referring to?

I didn't know that everyone is an exact in-verbatim copy of you and have your same mental and physical fortitude

Well, unchecked quads....what the fuck people

There is every good reason to believe that your consciousness creates your entire world because it does.
The beliefs I am referring to are the religious beliefs that have underpinned the development of our cultures, societies, art, science and technology since forever. But I was probably a bit harsh in saying you mock them. You do seem to dismiss them completely though.

causality has been disproved, because science

>speedrunning

You say super natural because if real we cant comprehend in any meaurable way but there many thing we speculate like higher dementions that we cant seem to contectualize either or the nature of infinity.
Also i dont believe humans are of a higher order or anything like that, just something brought about existence to be how it is and perhaps you and i are no more significant then a rock but at least apart of a grand system with purpose.

Saying that there are physical processes that give rise to our consciousness does not have any relevant implications. It doesn't negate consciousness or theories about its (or something like its) role in the world. As I said, we can't even define consciousness well. Defining it as a thing that is brought about by physical processes isn't useful.

>There is every good reason to believe that your consciousness creates your entire world because it does
Your brain constructs and interprets it's environment in order for you to be able to navigate it and survive, but if you honestly believe that there is very good reason to believe that you literally create your own universe, you don't know what you're talking about. There's the Many-Worlds interpretation in quantum physics, but the experts are very torn on this--and it's not falsifiable.

>the beliefs I am referring to are the religious beliefs
Religion has produced some remarkable works of art and, as you put it, underpinned certain developments; however, that doesn't lend any credence whatsoever to the supernatural nonsense.

If you're referring to the Copanhagen Interpretation, you use the term "proof" very loosely.

>Defining it as a thing that is brought about by physical processes isn't useful
Trying to define it at all isn't useful.