Christian General

For all things Christian.

Catholics and Protestants alike. All of you are welcome to discuss theology.

Theme song: youtube.com/watch?v=Z2VSpj08ejA
Atheists feel free to ask questions too. But try to be constructive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tVlf7OiiTJE
youtube.com/watch?v=nA7C815I104
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs
youtube.com/watch?v=qx1s_3CF07k
youtube.com/watch?v=9Mor7syiTSE
youtube.com/watch?v=imEvd1ck4fs
youtube.com/watch?v=7DRketdk07o
youtube.com/watch?v=L3rT8YVJERk
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6wkOO_MEA
youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo
youtube.com/watch?v=4fv14RFfRLA
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U
youtube.com/watch?v=vL1lxH7s3Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=b1bSlS6OWTs
youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A
youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4
youtube.com/watch?v=ihNVhFA_X3I
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0
youtube.com/watch?v=Hakb6S0IpgY
catholic.org/saints/stindex.php?lst=J
youtube.com/watch?v=YtdE662eY_M
preces-latinae.org/thesaurus/Cotidiana/ActionesNostras.html
youtube.com/watch?v=YuMh_ept-Js
youtube.com/watch?v=u_CWfHSwqp8
youtube.com/watch?v=8NSvZ_DAyI8
anselm.edu/Documents/Institute for Saint Anselm Studies/Abstracts/4.5.3.2c_51Baldner.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I want to be a Christian but here is me my problem:

God seems like a woman, and there for it is woman worship.

It seems God controls men in many of the same ways as women control men.

How can I get past this?

>How can I get past this?
by growing up

Catholicfag here,
Do you guys think that the best way to preserve western culture is to start incorporating stricter christian values into society? Or have we gone past the point of no return because of our degeneracy?
Also, what do you guys think of the new Pope?
(Personally I don't like him)

>Implying that we're not symbolically the crying women that God takes care of without any gratitude.

We are like little children who need guidance and many of us get lost.

Ephesians 5:25

>Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it

youtube.com/watch?v=tVlf7OiiTJE

Just remember that if Pope Francis ever starts outright defying doctrine and endorsing globalism, you'll know he's not the true pope. I have some suspicions myself

>Also, what do you guys think of the new Pope?

New Pope is a modernist who wants to continue the Novus Ordo.

We're not in Apostasy yet, but we're getting there.

>Do you guys think that the best way to preserve western culture is to start incorporating stricter christian values into society? Or have we gone past the point of no return because of our degeneracy?

Yes and Yes.

I plan to start preaching to people soon if it keeps going as it is at this rate.

Something I never thought I'd do.

I genuinely cannot believe in theism, but have seen the effects of what anti Christianity (specifically) brings.

It brings far leftism, communism, open borders, anti gun rights, tranny bullshit everywhere, and Islamic sympathy.

And for that reason, I support Christians.

>Sup Forums is a christian board

You see the fruits of Christianity when it's taught well.

Eventually you might start asking questions like "Well...where do I actually go when I die?"

Then you'll start asking real questions.

Also, have some solid modern Christian music and music with Christian themes. All from different artists and different styles. These are some recommendations from Sup Forums and anons here. It's in no way comprehensive though.
>LOOKING FOR RECOMMENDATIONS, PLS HELP

>Marvin Gaye's "God is Love"
youtube.com/watch?v=nA7C815I104

>Om's Pilgrimage Album
youtube.com/watch?v=IK6wJUNirbs

>Sufjan Steven's "No Shade in the Shadow of the Cross"
youtube.com/watch?v=qx1s_3CF07k

>mewithoutyou - Sun and Moon
youtube.com/watch?v=9Mor7syiTSE

>Young Oceans - ONLY YOU (TOKEN MAINSTREAM ADDITION)
youtube.com/watch?v=imEvd1ck4fs

>Bobby McFerrin's Joshua
youtube.com/watch?v=7DRketdk07o

>Psalter's Lord's Prayer
youtube.com/watch?v=L3rT8YVJERk

>Janelle Monae's Victory
youtube.com/watch?v=mJ6wkOO_MEA

>Johnny Cash's God's Gonna Cut You Down
youtube.com/watch?v=ht7mxF9XZiA

>Nick Drake - Pink Moon (full album)
youtube.com/watch?v=CPbWMvQwroo

>Mary Lou Williams - Anima Christi
youtube.com/watch?v=4fv14RFfRLA
Here is my usual hymnal selection

>A nice Latin hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=xRi1GDoaQu4

>Nice Orthodox hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=Mw8XE3j_c0U

>A nice Coptic hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=vL1lxH7s3Cw

>18th century English hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=b1bSlS6OWTs

>The Lord's Prayer in Swahili, done in song.
youtube.com/watch?v=IJiHDmyhE1A

>A nice collection of South Pacific Island hymns from the movie The Thin Red Line
youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4

>Hail Mary in Latin, done in song.
youtube.com/watch?v=ihNVhFA_X3I

>Hallelujah Chorus done suddenly in the public
youtube.com/watch?v=wp_RHnQ-jgU

>Quality Icelandic hymn
youtube.com/watch?v=e4dT8FJ2GE0

Never going to work. People will see you as a weirdo to ignore and avoid.
Actions are the only things that can speak louder than words.
But don't take that the wrong way.

>Do you guys think that the best way to preserve western culture is to start incorporating stricter christian values into society?
yes

God is more like a primordial and archetypical father and therefore less like a woman.

>Eventually you might start asking questions like "Well...where do I actually go when I die?"
>Then you'll start asking real questions.

I've been through all that. That's why I can't believe in theism.

Past the point for sure. We may well be into the end times by now its getting hard to tell. We still need that temple in jerusalem to be built and right now a government building stands where the temple was. Gee i can see how the building could be "removed" any day now.

I say this a lot. But you should look into Super String Theory.

Well of course it's the best way to preserve western culture but it's never going to be used because of the growing bullshit that is globalist and liberal media and propaganda that's seeping into the west.
I don't even think the ideologies of Christendom can save the west now. It's going to take a miracle.

I think they're gonna remove the Mosque.

But that's just an opinion of mine which has no actual backing.

This. Ive been christian for a long time but when you find those answers in the bible, instead of the church... Then your eyes open a bit more.
Im done with churches. Im getting back to the bible myself.

>God seems like a woman, and there for it is woman worship.

God is non-composite. To label God a him is largely in reference to Jesus' human life and metaphorical reference to 'father'.

Well the rise of the right wing in Europe and America shows we are definitely not passed any permanent threshold. It may lead to a rise of authoritarianism but I would say only if it's brought along with an anti-existentialist view of humanity as well. We'll see how it goes.

Good to have you.
What forms of theism have you looked at to make that first statement?

>I plan to start preaching to people soon if it keeps going as it is at this rate.

Vote for Cruz by any chance?

What part of "I cannot genuinely believe in theism" don't you understand?

I started out like that, eventually I ended up becoming a Christian. Too much of what I've been seeing lines up with Christian teachings and prophecies, everything Christ teaches against has been found to be destructive in some way. Not only that, but being a part of a community and believing in a higher power makes my life more positive

If you can believe that there are dimensions higher than our own, as even the scientists at CERN believe. Then you'll gradually become more accepting of theism.

This conversation is going smoothly

I'm voting for Trump.

Any true Christian hates Globalism for reasons of biblical prophecy.

Are saint names still in favour? Trying to find inspiration for my son. Are there male Christian (Catholic) saints starting with the lettre 'J.'

An interesting random observation.

>no inherent existence

Everything comes from something else. You cannot show me one thing that did not come from another. The only exception is God. The beginning and the end.

>tfw on the far left of the page
Feelsgoodman.holyscript
But yeah, it feels good that the uprising of the right is occurring as more and more people are getting woke on the issues at hand. (Especially the people who live in Europe). I just hope it doesn't get turned against us.
Oh well, I guess we'll just have to wait it out.

Welcome my brothers and spread the word of Christ for more pictures like this one
youtube.com/watch?v=Hakb6S0IpgY

>Everything in there and the whole New testament is all about Christ.
And everything about Mary is ultimately about Christ. As I have already said, we believe she was given graces by God in virtue of her role in relation to Christ. But you are denying those graces she was bestowed upon out of superstition. There is no idolatry in acknowledging the works of God in Mary. She is the new Eve and the mother of all those who believe Christ after all.

>kεχαριτωμένη is not about the essence of Mary but work of God
It is about the essence of Mary, given to her by God. Catholics don't mean that she saved herself, it was still God who saved her. But her saved her since the moment she was born, so that a sinless vessel could give birth to the Son.
> Same word is used in Ephesians 1:6 as Gods act of giving Christ to our salvation
Exactly. But she was saved and was judged as such with the term "graced" before Jesus was born into the world. Therefore her salvation, although it comes from God, was not achieved through the crucifixion, but God simply willed it.
>Mary is only in the recieving role there
We agree, but this still makes our view of the immaculate conception and her sinlessness true.

We are discussing the original greek here. Even 5000 translations would be meaningless. in front of it

>Saying she was sinless = equating her with Jesus
not at all. I have already explained that her worth was in her obedience to God, but she didn't make herself sinless. Actually, the immaculate conception is a perfect understanding of this: if mary was not conceived immaculately, that could open to interpretations that she saved herself, which would be ludicrious. But since she was saved since the moment of her conception, by the will of God, it's impossible to attribute to her an active role in her sinlessness, and only an active role in preserving that sinlessness with her obedience to God.

Why would you use a lion as your symbol, when you are literally the weakest cuck religion? You should use a toad or a sheep or something.

Saint Jude.

Patron Saint of Lost Causes.

Oh God I've seen this so many times.
Poland is just so fucking based.

>What forms of theism have you looked at to make that first statement?

Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Paganism, and several others, and have heard every argument possible over the course of several years.

Have also researched into in the occult and it's various beliefs. One particular believes that every planet has an inner spirit God. So I've heard quite a few.

>I started out like that, eventually I ended up becoming a Christian

Then good for you. It's not for me.

>Not only that, but being a part of a community and believing in a higher power makes my life more positive

And I support that. I realized a while back (after a year or two long phase of anti theism) that just because I can handle it, doesn't mean others can. Not everyone is going to be rational or consider all things. So if they're going to be religious, I'd rather them be Christian.

>If you can believe that there are dimensions higher than our own

I would ask for evidence. I have no way of knowing if there are or not. And I'm not going to believe it merely because it's a nice idea or I'd like it to be true.

You're pretty cool.

I liked your pastebin by the way.

Man, I'm a sinner of massive proportions. Just can't stop sinning and improve, sometimes I wish I was dead, better not be born than continue in this manner of life.

James, Jerome, John Chrysostom, John Climacus...

catholic.org/saints/stindex.php?lst=J

>I would ask for evidence. I have no way of knowing if there are or not. And I'm not going to believe it merely because it's a nice idea or I'd like it to be true.

youtube.com/watch?v=YtdE662eY_M

How does an athiest explain dna?
Chaos can produce patterns but it can never produce any type of workable code.

I much prefer rational debate and the exchange of ideas than "HURR FEDORA/HURR KIKE ON A STICK" shitposting.

Pope Francis takes anti-christ to a whole new level.

The dude wrote an entire treatise about how Jews still go to heaven and are saved through their law, despite denying Christ. If that's not heresy, I don't know what is.

We're all sinners.
Christ came for us, the sinners.

John, Jacob, James, Jason, Jean,

Popes have been heretics before. That's not what disqualifies them.

That sounds kinda lame. Searching for pic related
Kind of limited no?

Proof, or even evidence, that I have a soul?

Will watch later.

>How does an athiest explain dna?

With science.

How did we discover the age of the universe? Cosmic microwave background radiation.

It's ok user, we all are. NEVER think God's mercy is not great enough to forgive.
Praying the rosary helps a lot, at least for me.
I am still lazy and failing at life(I am improving everyday though), but I have stopped getting drunk, masturbating, even having lustful thoughts. A lot of other minor addictions I have given up too.
When I feel like weak, I recite this prayer, hope it helps:
preces-latinae.org/thesaurus/Cotidiana/ActionesNostras.html

That is something you need to discover, friend.

I always love to watch this.
I want to see it in all white countries across the world.

youtube.com/watch?v=YuMh_ept-Js

God bless you all on this day

Pray to Him often

>It's ok user, we all are. NEVER think God's mercy is not great enough to forgive.

This pretty much.

We all have vices. I know I do.

Maybe so, but this in no way implies a personal and intervening god akin to the christian one.

>We all have vices. I know I do.
We must also try constantly to get rid of them though

Once you go from Atheist to Deist, you will only become more curious.

The Christians who "became" Deists were simply people who lost their faith.

Your curiosity and desire to seek the truth will guide you.

God will never turn away someone who seeks him in earnest.

No argument here.

We need to re-instill strong Christian values. That's crucial and would be my first priority if I led a country

Well user, DNA streams from genes which are shared directly to you from your parents when you're born.
Over the years due to probability, changes in the environment, and ways of living, the initial DNA that is carried by your parent's parent's parent's parent's gets incredibly changed as new generations keep breeding and spawning new generations.
I love intricate details about science like this because it really just shows how vast and expansive our whole world really is.
It's even cooler thinking about how God made every little detail.

>avoiding

Bible never teaches that Mary was born without sin and the doctrine is not required for birth of Jesus. It is clearly in the Bible that Christ is the source of purity and cannot be tainted. His presence on the otherhand purifies others which is seen when diseased touch Him.

>If mary was not conceived immaculately, that could open to interpretations that she saved herself.
Not true, Mary was saved through obediance when she answered: “Truly I am the Lord's servant. Let everything you have said happen to me.” Abraham, David and other prophets were also saved because they believed in God and His promise.

We had a spontaneous demonstration against a gay marriage law that they wanted to pass:
youtube.com/watch?v=u_CWfHSwqp8

Leftist media stayed butthurt for months

This was my thought process. I returned to Church after a 5 year break because I pondered why I had lost my faith and who made me lose it. Try this, it puts things in a new perspective.

>re-instill strong Christian values

Such as?

>God seems like a woman
How

We're all massive sinners, user. None of us deserve to be saved. It is by God's grace alone, through Christ's crucifixion, death and resurrection, that we are saved. Faith in this alone is what saves us, not our works. You are not beyond salvation.

Of course, we must strive to be like Christ, to sin less, thereby making our faith easier to hold, estranging ourselves less from God. Christ fulfilled the law, and brought forgiveness of sins, but seeking to fulfill the law lets God into your life here and now, lets Him work through you. So, know you are forgiven, and sin no more, lest a worse thing happen to you and you lose faith because of your sins.

t. Lutheran

Same here.
Like, I can understand if people want to turn away from more of the religious part of what Christianity is, that's fine. But turning against good moral values in exchange for acting like a complete and utter nihilist faggot is just stupid as hell.
This is why authoritarianism works.

Italy, Poland, and hopefully soon Ireland. The major Catholic nations will rise up!

People who lose their faith usually don't know that they have lost it.

They simply start thinking that the people with actual faith are fools.

Are people around here truely religious?
For me personaly my Catholicism is more founded in my traditionalism. Is that wrong?

Nothing is wrong with that.

It's a bit shallow

>Atheist master race

The only good christian is a crusader killing shitkins. Now get to it, and I'll pretend to be christian.

hahah how?
we re-instill it 25 years and still not complete

The self-righteous supremacy of the Papacy is heresy in and of itself, based around a gross misinterpretation of Matthew 16:18 (Christ Himself, faith in Christ, is the rock of the Church, the name 'Peter' meant rock, it's a play on words).

Nonetheless, why would a Christian follow a heretic? St. Paul said we should not be yoked with unbelievers. The Papacy, the Cardinals are the modern Pharisees.

So how do the dinosaurs fit into your theology?

I doubt you'd get along well with true Crusaders.

youtube.com/watch?v=8NSvZ_DAyI8

I've been to churches. While a wonderful sense of community and a gorgeous building, I cannot simply be moved by pretty imagery into believing in something I find irrational and illogical. My brain doesn't work that way.

I did pass by a Christian School the other day though, in a nice neighborhood, and it was filled with happy white kids. Nice flowers in front, beautiful women with their kids, etc.

Things like that are why I support a generally Christian society. So long as they're not the insane Glenn Beck/Rato fundie types.

Like respecting other people instead of ignoring everyone, building communities that know each other, being kind to those less fortunate, respecting the traditions of man and wife, encouraging the growth of stable well kept families that can take care of themselves instead of mooching off the government and doing degenerate garbage all day, encouraging loyalty and devotion to ones peers and country.
The list goes on, user.
Absolutely not. I find it good to instill traditional values.
But I do try to shy away from the more literal parts of Christendom. They're a bit out dated for me.
But the values and morals that are taught are godlike and I think should be respected.

They are extinct animals.

They were animals for sure

Depends what they are crusading against. If it's shitskins, anything goes. If it's whites, then we have a problem

>Bible never teaches that Mary was born without sin
What do you mean by teach? Obviously we have enough scriptural evidence to believe it

>the doctrine is not required for birth of Jesus
I think there are many more arguments as to why Jesus would logically be born out of a pure vessel than for the opposite.

> It is clearly in the Bible that Christ is the source of purity and cannot be tainted
None of that is denied by accepting that Mary was sinless. Her sinlessness has its source from Jesus too. Without Jesus she wouldn't have been made pure since her conception. But she was sinless before the crucifixion.

>Mary was saved through obediance when she answered:
> “Truly I am the Lord's servant. Let everything you have said happen to me.”
Wrong. She is already called "graced" before she answers with that sentence. She is therefore already saved beforehand. Her yes is of course fundamental as an inversion of the disobedience by Eve.
I suggest you reflect on what is said right before that sentence:
>For with God nothing shall be impossible.
Nothing is impossible with God, certainly not letting Mary be conceived without sin.

>I need other people to behave the way I should before I'm able to

they are extinct?

this pope is primarily the reason I am not a catholic.

Because the pope is human. The pope is not God, and is no substitute for advice.
Talk to God, and he will listen. Jesus made this very apparent.

And how exactly arre all these virtues "christian"?

> truely religious
wat u mean?

Those goofy types of Christians are heretics anyways. God isn't goofy

they existed and went extinct. I don't think the creation story is meant to be 100% literal as it is an effective metaphor.

The old testament is inferior to the New Testament, but is still included so that everything makes linear sense.

Strong family units (low crime)
No abortion (keeps birth rates high)
No open degeneracy accepted by society (prevents leftist faggots from getting support)
A sense of community and dedication
And that our lives are here for God and Jesus.

That's the best society.

Orthodox Catholic is the way

Yes

Because in Christian culture these are the primary things that are cherished.
These morals don't even have to be associated with it at all it just seems as though they're starting to slip away from western society due to fucking nihilism.

Very impressed. However I'm speaking of forms of theism rather than religions as a whole. As you probably know, there are conflicting forms of theism within these groups often too (For example, theistic personalism v. classical theism in Christianity). I'm asking how experienced you are with different forms of understanding divinity's ontology. It seems like you've gotten into that a little bit but at the same time I know many people conceive "gods" or "deities" to be a class of being to themselves when they are umbrella terms for a lots of different things so I have to ask.

People aren't joking when they say biblical names are popular.

I appreciate it.

>Just can't stop sinning and improve

Yes you can. You are gifted with a rational mind and a will over your senses. To regain your integrity to yourself is difficult but always worthwhile, man. I'll be praying for you and willing to assist you any way you'd like if you ask but don't give up on yourself man.

You'll first have to understand that Apostolic Christianity understands the soul as synonymous with the Aristotelian idea of substantial forms rather than the Enlightenment idea of "immaterial matter" that you see Descartes teach.

There are lots of new discourse on substantial forms themselves.
This is the first google result on the matter.

anselm.edu/Documents/Institute for Saint Anselm Studies/Abstracts/4.5.3.2c_51Baldner.pdf

They existed some time ago.

Reminder that christianity is literally cuck™ the religion

Joseph is the original cuck.
Jesus the original SJW

So were there dinosaurs in the Garden of Eden or did God continue creation creatures after that ordeal with Adam and Eve?

meme pictures time?