Holy shit, if only Pinkerton had it's B-Sides on aswell as it's final track listing

Pinkerton would be an absolute 11/10 if they had kept some of the B-sides on the album, they could've easily added some the albums so short it could easily benefit from 3 - 4 more tracks.

>Longtime Sunshine
youtube.com/watch?v=9eu7HIY_Pn8

>I Just Threw Out The Love Of My Dreams
youtube.com/watch?v=dMseH5GIVTA

>Getting Up And Leaving
youtube.com/watch?v=xTNAWvMtW3M

>Devotion
youtube.com/watch?v=gxtGzH1CrtM

It genuinely pisses me off they never put these songs on the album.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D10QtI5xCu4&list=FLhmfR6H-3b0UhLoAzIUGznw&index=4
youtube.com/watch?v=FcQZbErmfTU&list=FLhmfR6H-3b0UhLoAzIUGznw&index=2
albumsthatneverwere
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It annoys me with Weezer, because they have such a wealth of great songs as b-sides or unreleased tracks but Rivers insisted upon writing shite for years instead of falling back on his great work

I was thinking in something better
What if they released the b-sides on Pinkerton as their third studio album back in 1997 or 1998?

Rivers is both one of the greatest song writers aswell as being one of the worst, Feels like he's his own worst enemy when releasing music. When he wants to be he's on par with Brian Wilson in my opinion honestly.

Waiting On You and You Gave Your Love To Me Softly are great too

Would've made another 10/10 album instead of the 5/10s and 1/10 to come later in their career.

Anyone else remember when Rivers used to stream live.

youtube.com/watch?v=D10QtI5xCu4&list=FLhmfR6H-3b0UhLoAzIUGznw&index=4

youtube.com/watch?v=FcQZbErmfTU&list=FLhmfR6H-3b0UhLoAzIUGznw&index=2

The voice of an angel.

I actually made a playlist that's basically exactly this.
Pinkerton 2? I don't fucking know, but it's pretty much an album. Not even 10 tracks but still longer than The Green Album and everything flows pretty nicely

01. You Gave Your Love to Me Softly
02. Devotion
03. Getting Up and Leaving
04. I Just Threw Out the Love of My Dreams
05. You Won't Get With Me Tonight
06. Waiting On You
07. I Swear It's True
08. Tragic Girl
09. Longtime Sunshine

That could actually happen if Pinkerton didn't be so critically panned back in 1996

Not bad but i will swap Longtime Sunshine with Tragic Girl as the outro track
Also... how the third unreleased album (not green) was called?

Nice, i'm going to listen in this order.

That Beach Boys cover is amazing

I have two playlists I've made :

Butterfly:
1. Oooh (from Alone 1)
2. You Gave Your Love to Me Softly
3. Devotion
4. Waiting On You
5. I Just Threw out the Love of My Dreams
6. I Swear It's True
7. You Won't Get With Me Tonight
8. Getting Up and Leaving
9. Tragic Girl
10. The Purification of Water (Alone 2)
11. Butterfly

Pinkerton:
Which is the same tracklist as Pinkerton except I switched out Butterfly for LongTime Sunshine.

Works well for me, they seem to fit the two characters from the opera, with Butterfly's songs being more about being hurt, and Pinkerton's being more about the hurter. Two sides to the same coin.

Tragic Girl should be on Pinkerton just before Butterfly

It actually was supposed to but Rivers just wasn't satisfied with it and couldn't get the chorus down right in time.
The version we know now is actually partially redone in the chorus with vocals from 2009 (that's why he sounds especially whiny there)

more like stinkerton

kys

You mean Songs From The Black Hole? That was supposed to be released instead of Pinkerton, so it isn't the third unreleased album, it's the second.

No, no SFTBH, another album that was supposed to get released after Pinkerton

epic bro

>I Just Threw Out The Love of my Dreams in context was over the lament of the character in the opera, Laurel, who had just turned down the protagonist of the album, Jonas.

did someone knew about this? did Rivers try to do a Roger Waters type of shit? is there more information about this? i'm kinda busy right now

albumsthatneverwere blogspot co uk/2013/08/weezer-songs-from-black-hole.html add the dots, download this and give it a listen. Read the post too

nice! gonna give it a try user