Not being funny right but i fucking spend hours making some pretty stunning art and this is the kind of shit my city...

Not being funny right but i fucking spend hours making some pretty stunning art and this is the kind of shit my city puts on display in galleries?! (Pic related) What happened to actual creativity? Why is this the only sort of shit we see? I've gone round galleries trying to get exhibitions but if this is what shit people are displaying then i guess my talent is just fucking wasted. Makes me pissed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dw5kme5Q_Yo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they are actually kinda interesting, keep going user

Stop being an unoriginal faggot then

Post pictures of the stunning art you make and prove to us that all of these gallery owners are terribly wrong not to showcase your talent.

You sound like one of those faggots that say contemporary music is not real music, only classical music is. Get with the times faggot.

This is packing foam plastered to a wall. The person who put it there doesn't seem to have done anything else to it. They haven't changed it. They haven't processed it in any way. Great art can be made using found objects, but if the object is all you have, then it's not really your work, is it? Or, I assert, art at all.

Art is shit. At best the inane, worthless province of homosexuals and wealthy social climbing housewives, at worst a money laundering scam for the benefit of international Jewry.

I'm with Goering, when I hear people prattle about art and culture, I want to pull out my revolver.

ever heard of marcel duchamp you fag

Yeah. He was an edgy deconstructionist fag. All he did was put his name on something that wasn't his: The first shitpost of the 20th century.

I agree but your description seems off. There is not just one foam package, there are several ones that were selected and put together in a specific way. It's more than just a foam package someone found somewhere.

That said, I think it looks retarded, at least without the context of the entire room.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dw5kme5Q_Yo

art has nothing to with talent, quality or even real work. it's the narrative that surrounds it. people want to be sold bullshit

the problem with new artist these days is the fine line between the same thing being trash and art is they are way in the trash side of things if youre even into that kind of shit

So at how many grains of sand do you have a heap? How many foam packages take you from trash to art? How many can you take out of this gallery before it goes back to being trash? Intention can't make you a girl, so why is it enough to make whatever you nail to a wall worth calling art?

post your art fuck-tard

Art you can FUCK

There's plenty of "performance artists" out there willing to do this sort of thing.

deep dark fantasy's

so progressive

you make wall mountable lego blocks
fuck off

What I think is worst about this is that because the postmodern deconstructionist "if I nail it to the wall, it's art" people bury really great artists. My favorite surrealist painter had a terrible time getting gallery shows while he was alive. Beksinski had some real talent, but he barely managed to keep the lights on thanks to no effort fucks that ripped art apart because they couldn't compose anything of merit.

Making a pretty image isn't hard in the age of cameras and photoshop. Warhol saw in the 60s that art wasn't going to be about visual impact any more, the value going forward was in the essential notion of the piece. You can rebel against this all you want but you're just being a luddite. Pretty pictures aren't enough, you need to express something in your art that isn't expressable in another fashion. That you don't understand this means you've never been exposed to real art, or not thought deeply enough about it.

Co you fucking suck. You probably just paint realistic shit that no one cares about. Older art is boring, adapt already.

The best part about art is that if you don't like what is made then you can make better yourself. If you can't then STFU

egg crates?

what are these, prototype bricks to build the wall?

If the artist can't express what they're trying to get across with just the piece they've made, their art is ineffectual. I'm sure packing foam guy wrote a huge paragraph about what he was trying to say, and we just have to take his word for it because his work doesn't carry it forward. Warhol's work seems almost a precursor to meme culture: taking a familiar image and iterating on it. Foam guy just has a useless master's degree.

Also, composition and technical skill have to count for something. Going to the effort to actually produce something should mean more than picking something up and saying it's expressive. Warhol used a screen printer to make something novel. He produced the images he copied over and over on his own. He made his own assets instead of recycling something free from the Unity store.

jews.
look it up.
see

some gallery owners have shit taste

whoop-dee-fucking-doo

>At best the inane, worthless province of homosexuals and wealthy social climbing housewives, at worst a money laundering scam for the benefit of international Jewry.
You just described Sup Forums and Sup Forums.