What makes Trump-era political songs so much worse than previous political songs...

What makes Trump-era political songs so much worse than previous political songs? People look back on Reagan-era punk songs and say those were great, but if someone makes a song about Trump today, people spazz out and scream "LIBRULS!!!"

What gives?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1HewB3nAt7j
twitter.com/AnonBabble

vocaroo.com/i/s1HewB3nAt7j

More people are retarded now.

too much salt makes anything bad

I miss bush. I SAID IT

someone make this into a youtube video

Everything that could be said about Trump has already been said
Also, don't forget the fact that Drumpfags are autists

not alone

Agreed...

reagan was popular back in the 80's and to be critical of reagan was considered rebellious. today, trump is the rebellion against establishment liberals and career democrats who have a stranglehold over the TV and journalism industries

jesus christ i know donald isn't a likeable person but George bush is legitamately a war criminal who got us into Iraq and afghanistan under false pretenses and tried to justify it using a national tragedy. Not to mention the fact that he passed "no kids left behind" and the patriot act and approved NSA snooping on all american citizens.

Donald isn't even close to the monster George Bush was, i dont care if he's callous and blunt or insensitive about topics, George Bush is responsible for continuing and exacerbating the mess we're currently in.

Boomer and gen x nostalgia. Most political songs are bad because they focus more on the politics than the song. There are some good political songs and artists, but they are less common than the amount of bad ones. Also hip hop seems to be where most political songs are coming from nowadays and the standard for making a hip hop song is lower than even punk. So a lot of bad political hip hop gets made.

Trump isn't as respected by popular culture as Bush and Reagan were so it's not as subversive

Oh yes this is how the world works

>a man who talks about forcing himself onto women and has probably never really cared about morality is now being considered the savior of western civilization by a bunch of insecure white bois who get all their news from Sup Forums and think that civilization is actually an important issue.

pls stop

>trump is rebellious yet is the most powerful man in america
Rand Paul/Ron Paul or environmental libertarians are the one who are the closest things to rebels in the modern age

>The band Propagandhi decided not to participate when Fat Mike requested that they change the lyrics of a song critical of George Soros that they wished to contribute.[1]
rmyt

There are 7 years left

because punk rock is bad now, duh

It's accurate, Trump is antiestablishment, just not in an intelligent or productive way

3 years i think at best, i dont think america is going to elect a 74 year old man especially one who's as unpopular and as polarizing as trump

Please. Democrats are already writing up terms of impeachment and Republicans are saying they're going for impeachment after their tax bill push.

based on what? you have to commit a crime to be impeached

Go read the articles yourself, cunt.

>drive 2 planes into a building of a peaceful country
>cry when BTFO at a fair war
Okay achmed

If both the democrats and republicans want him out they can find something to impeach him over, the deciding factor is whether or not supporting Trump is a good or bad thing for the Republicans politically

jews did 9/11

The Council of Foreign Relations to be specific

>USA
>peaceful
what?

There are a couple reasons

1. Today's political climate is stupidly divisive. Both the far-left and far-right have taken a "with us or against us" approach, meaning any political statement will be inherently more controversial.

2. The anti-Trump stance is constantly being shoved down people's throat by the mainstream media, meaning people are gonna get tired of the "Trump is bad" thing. I'm not the biggest fan of Trump, but whenever someone complains about him I just go "fuck, not this shit again".

I agree with this statement 100%.

because the anti-trump songs are pro-establishment. whatever you think about the president, the establishment in both parties hate his guts. the people making these anti-trump songs are basically pissed that you didn't vote for hillary, the super neoliberal who loves to bomb middle eastern countries more than bush did.

I miss the 00s.

>a man with a net worth of over $3 billion is antiestablishment

>no sources to any crimes donald's even implicated in
stop being so mad dude, btw there's some rumor that he's involved in violating NY's RICO laws
impeaching someone isn't as easy as you think you have to prove in a court of law that they intended to commit the crime, Nixon wasn't even impeached he resigned before the verdict.

Donald is pretty okay for the republicans policy wise, but for their image its basically ruined

You missed, just not in an intelligent or productive, Trump may be wealthy but politically he's pretty far off from both the traditional conservatives and liberals in America

>america
>peaceful
also Iraq wasn't involved in the terrorist attacks, they were i believe saudis and pakis members of a terrorist group.

I said find the articles yourself, cunt.
You know what google is?

not surprising. fat mike is a stereotypical money grubbing jew.

Tom Lehrer said "Political satire became obsolete when Henry Kissinger was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize." Same with music, political protest music becomes a joke when you are protesting a joke, it's all too ridiculous to protest seriously.

There's something peculiar and fascinating about the fact that Trump's fanbase (not supporters per se, but the internet tribes that remain so loyal towards his actions) is younger and more thin-skinned than Bush's

FUCK TRUMP
FUCK RACISM
FUCK HOMOPHOBIA
FUCK ZENOPHOBIA

>those keyboard typing sounds

>montie

>being this mad
>wont even back up his statements
>being overtly hostile as if i fucked your mother
get the dick out your ass and tell me what donald would be impeached for since you brought it up

At least GWB had his Iraq war. What does Trump do besides his rhetoric and tweets? They are attacking a guy that hosted the Celebrity Apprentice a few years ago. It's just ridiculous.

>ZENOPHOBIA
lol

Trump isn't squeaky clean, as soon as enough people want him out they can dig something up and then press it enough until he's either impeached or forced to resign

If they had something they would have used it already. He has got the entire media complex, the establishments of both parties and the deep-state against him. All they had was a tape with some banter on it.

i know he isn't "squeaky clean" but how can you just assume he's committed some kind of crime without any evidence just based off his character.

>hey guys someone2 want to hear my controversial political ideas beeba duu ba ba?!?!?! XDDDDD :)
>>>/leftpol/

Bill Clinton was impeached on perjury and obstruction of justice, I could see a similar thing happening with Trump

The conservative establishment is fine with Trump as long as he doesn't scare to many of the enormities off and as long as he goes along with enough of their policies

Normies*

(You)

Correction, Bill wasn't convicted though and he didn't resign

If youre looking for thin skin check out the hyperventilating chattering classes and low info normies whos heads explode when a conventions flouted but look the other way over serious societal issues.

what would Donald lie about or what would he be caught lying about?

He was impeached. Just not removed from office. They aren't the same thing

The Russian investigation for one, it doesn't even have to be anything big, just something large enough to work as ammo, of course this hinges on Trump alienating the establishment republicans enough that they would abandon or actively work against him

he was a war criminal, but he was OUR war criminal. not some soviet scum like trump.

cringe

>falling for the russia conspiracy meme

Honestly most political songs/artists are garbage. Even past one. Dead Kennedys et al were awful.
You could probably list all the good artists hardly using both hands.

You only need 1 finger. Fugazi.

I agree with Fantano's interpretation that if you dislike Trump, his problems are so obvious and overstated that it's basically preaching to the choir, as opposed to previous eras in political music where sentiments were often unpopular and challenging.

the only thing thats different is their place in time. people are just nostalgic from things from their past regardless of their relative value.

criticism against Bush was based on things he actually did as president (i.e. war in Iraq) while criticism against Trump is mostly against things that were blown out of proportion by the media (he ttly. hates women, he ttly want's all muslims put into camps because he's literally Hitler)
so basically
>Bush criticism is mostly valid criticism
>Trump criticism is mostly cringy tumblr esque taking his words out of context

This.

At least you could pinpoint the Bush hate to something he did in office. The hate towards Trump is simply virtue signaling.

The truth is that Trump has done next to nothing in office, which I'm okay with. The president's job isn't to rule with an iron fist, it's merely to be a facilitator. Congress and the Supreme Court have just as much power.

Yes, and that stopped Trump from bombing goat herders

but hey! at least you get fag marriage and the right wing will be filled with fags who 10 years ago would be thrown into jail for their degeneracy now advocating for a race war! Go Western Civilization!

wtf I love canadian vegans now

This

Nice

It must be shit to be in the punk scene these days. You have to cater to the lowest common denominator of progressive-ness, so if you don't check ALL the boxes you're a racist/sexist/trans/homophobe,etc.

Glad I went through punk in high school. I still remember buying albums by skramz bands bitching about sexism and shit within their own scenes. God damn.

I'm old enough to remember that anti President songs don't work - not to mention they're just annoying and age like milk

Can confirm

Am in local DIY/punk scene. Bands are imploding because they keep trying to outdo each other on who is the most oppressed and ideologically pure.

It's not because it's obvious, it's because back with Reagan or Bush you could just easily ignore it. Thanks to social media this is now different, and the people who complain or who agree with each other have built their own echo-chamber no matter the political spectrum, some have become insufferable due to this.

the NYC scene is full of libtards

you're not wrong

I'll admit I'm surprised you guessed it that easily

I was around during the Bush era and I thought those songs were pretty poor compared to the 80s anti-Reagan songs. But you're right, the anti-Trump songs are a new level of awful.

Most political music is pretty bad. Outside of the Clash and Minutemen, not many political bands are worth the time. I guess Napalm Death, but most of those lyrics are incomprehensible, so it's not too obnoxious.

same goes for most pv/grind bands lol

NOFX is a shit band. The worst band on Epitaph in the 90s.

Yeah, grindcore was mostly played out by the time the 90s rolled around. I'm probably alone in preferring Napalm Death's death metal stuff. Of course, like all sane people, I tuned out when they started sounding like Machinehead in the late 90s and never bothered to return.

Funny thing is that I'm not even from the US, I just went on my holidays to NYC and decided to check out some hardcore punk gigs in Brooklyn. The scene was pretty awful in general, but some guys under the name of Hank Wood and the Hammerheads were alright.

>People look back on Reagan-era punk songs and say those were great, but if someone makes a song about Trump today, people spazz out and scream "LIBRULS!!!"

because he IS punk, he's literally up-ending the entire system and enraging both sides of the establishment

nothing more punk than that

>Trump is antiestablishment, just not in an intelligent or productive way

so basically punk then?

>Democrats are already writing up terms of impeachment and Republicans are saying they're going for impeachment after their tax bill push.

lol at this whole post

>if i say it enough times maybe it'll come true

I got kicked out of the hardcore band I was in because I discovered Sup Forums and posted some very offensive (but hilarious) memes on facebook, nu mistake for sure, but I never had a problem with any of the band mates, we were pretty good friends actually, never wrote any offensive lyrics in our songs, but once they saw the memes I was out.