Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UIVe-rZBcm4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Paul Raymond

Tony Banks

Keith Emerson

this

>impressive to non musicians

Wakeman is the GOAT prog rock composer and sound arranger, but Patrick Moraz is better at playing keyboard.

>i'm not into it so i'll gonna shit on it
Because that's what a musician would do.

The thread is about the greatest rock keyboardist of all time. Whether you lie The Doors or not, Manzarek is very obviously not a serious contender.

William D Drake

this

Nah. He's overrated and the reason why ELP was so good is Carl Palmer. That synth drum in Toccatta is the shit.

You would have had me had you said Pigpen. Also a serious contender none of you will know.

Is there any rock keyboardist out there that has composed something that can even compete with Wakeman's Arthur?

Could you recommend some of the best Wakeman solo stuff kind sir? Would be appreciated. Massive Yes fan but never looked into it for some reason.

70's era:
Listen to everything from this era. Six Wives, Journey, Arthur, No Earthly Connection, Criminal Record, Lisztomania, every single one of them.

80s:
Crimes of Passion (rare af)
Cost of Living

90's:
Phantom Power
Softsword/Magna Charter
Cirque Surreal
Return to the Centre of the Earth

2000s:
Out There
Retro
Rick Wakeman at Lincoln Cathedral

Martin Gerschwitz
Even if just for this.....
youtube.com/watch?v=UIVe-rZBcm4

Thanks kindly

No prob buddy.

He was very dedicated to his craft, so much that he killed himself over it.

Prob not rock enough, but still.....

More like extremely insecure about his craft and has a fragile ego.

too bad his voice really sucked

Greatest one working right now.

I'll admit I'm not big on the songs he wrote but his Dear Mr Fantasy/Hey Jude performances are like a glass of smooth whiskey in front of a roaring hickory fire.

i saw him live it was so BOOOOOOOORRIIIIINNG
and the old lady in front of me was playing air piano the whole set. fuck that shit mate.
pure wankery

Your fault, Wakeman nowadays only plays ballads, metal rock, and nostalghia stuff. Listen to his 70's stuff when he seamlessly incorporated Stravinsky, Prokofiev, and Vivaldi style orchestra with funk.

>and the old lady in front of me was playing air piano the whole set.

just saying, Benmont Tench is classy

>tfw going home to Miami from uni this weekend just to see Anderson, Wakeman, Rabin

This is after going home last winter for a weekend just to see the other half of Yes. Good time to be alive.