I work at a prison ask me what you want

I work at a prison ask me what you want

Do you ever beat up on prisoners?

Well, no. We do sometimes need to use force to get them to comply with orders and sometimes they just don't like listening

There is anal rape!?

Tons. But they ain't GAY!

How does it feel to be in a prison and think "Hey why am I not in a cell"

What's the worst kind of prisoner to deal wtih?

Which kind of prisoner do you feel the MOST sorry for (if any)?

Which kind of prisoner do you feel the LEAST sorry for (if any)?

do you treat some inmates better based on outside affiliations?
some of you fuckers do, CO's were rude as hell to me until i ran into my friend from the outside and started chilling. its like i levelled up

do you beat prisoners on the sly just for the fun of it?

Buddys a fuckin marksman

Free Graze

probably crushing opps in the bin right now

Do you believe in the existence of the so-called "prison-industrial complex" where people are jailed on trumped-up charges just for the sake of siphoning off tax dollars into the pockets of private industry?

Do they have female guards in sexual relationships with the prisoners?

on a scale of 1-10 how much do you agree with the following
>COs are people that couldn't make the disgustingly low standards to be a real world LEO

How bad is the drug problem?

why can't you just kill them all.

Why do you only shave your left goose egg?

A former co here too. How long have you been at it? Why hasn't it sucked your soul away yet?

How bad is the nigger problem?

BORING? Most of the jobs are basically counting inmates.
>What's the worst kind of prisoner to deal wtih?
The ones that haven't been in prison before. The ones who've been in for a few years just want to be left alone mostly, you still get shithead gang members who try to stab staff occasionally.
>Which kind of prisoner do you feel the MOST sorry for (if any)?
None of them
>Which kind of prisoner do you feel the LEAST sorry for (if any)?
Gang members and pedos
>do you treat some inmates better based on outside affiliations?
Fuck no
>some of you fuckers do, CO's were rude as hell to me until i ran into my friend from the outside and started chilling. its like i levelled up
Probably because you were a need my little shit who kept grieving people and whining

Dumb ass, there are no blacks in prison!

to fight crab lice
>set fire to unshaved side
>stab crabs as they run to safety

For some, it's a 10. Some are guys that work there because they're "about to start the academy" for 5 years.

Some are those who's family were cops and they're doing this because they don't want do Leo work. (5)

Some just need a job and aren't on drugs enough to work at one. (1)

some CO's show respect and do favours once they see your stripes ime. extra tuna sandwiches and phone calls for days

Do you ever get uncomfortable hanging around killers? Especially the ones who still call shots from the inside.

My wrestling coach said he had to quit his job as a guard because of religious reasons. Told me he saw guards bringing in drugs and shit. Didn't play ball. Quit.

You bring in anything?

ever made a fifi?

I don't.
I work at a max so I only see shitheads who're locked away for years at a time. I have no sympathy for people who try to throw cups of shit at me
Yeah, because some women are that fucking stupid.
Pretty bad probably around 60% of the inmates have something on them. They were going to stop the inmates from getting outside packages but the fucking liberals whine and cry.
Why would the mandatory overtime be soulcrushing? And about 1 year.
Prison is about 80% niggs

buddys got the work where the sun don't shine

whats the most cruel thing you've seen happen to another inmate?

Doing favors for inmates? Because who they roll with? Those are hugathugs.

I'll give favors for the ones that show respect, and are worth a damn, and not just because of their affiliation.

Could give a fuck less if you're ab, Crip, ms-13, blah blah. Be a decent person and you'll get a decent co.

It's not the overtime. Come back in 5 more years with the codeword Django and tell me how your soul feels.

Good luck buddy, spent 20 yrs at SCIC in PA...and it sucked, but now I'm retired and enjoying life, fuck those niggers at Camp Hill and the inmates.

"better know the street code, even the police know, guys who be snitching end up missing in their own home, with their own weapon like they blew away their own dome"

what do you call the CO? any slang or nicknames?

"officer" "HEY" "OFFICER"

All the time. Assaults on staff happen, a month ago they caught a gang member with a hit list for an officer on him
Fuck no, I'm not risking my job for some fucking nigger.
I saw a guy get his dick cut off
I haven't experienced anything truly bad and for that I'm thankful
I'm the CO

I used to call mine by their last names.

>Former piedmont regional jail resident. Nasty shit hole

Not op but we'd be called by inmates as "hall boss" or "boss man" or just straight "boss"

Other times it's the standard, "officer" "co" "Sgt" and occasionally and very awkwardly "guard"

But any other vulgar name you can think of as well.

you know the microwave and butter trick ?

cool, bro - I'm just curious about any in-house slang or nicknames for various positions, specifically the CO - I'm interested in prison slang from the staff / law enforcement perspective - not the inmates

>I'm the CO now

I worked as a counselor for criminal youth in "secure treatment," there are some aggravating assholes in there. Only two were actual known killers though, mostly pedos, rapists, gabgbangers, etc.

I fucking hated that job.

great info - thanks, man!

>put butter in cup
>microwave for a minute
>splash it on face
>????
>3rd degree burns

cheers! I appreciate your input

From staff there isn't much. We call each other by our last names and by title. For inmates it's last names. No slang names for inmates. Usually preceded by a Mr.

Are you talking about radio codes?

Statistically, most people snitch.

If everyone who snitched was killed, our crime rates would plunge for half a decade.

Is it always noisy in prison?

Who runs shit? Blacks or whites? Who's the king of the jungle there?

On SERT? or CERT or SORT.

whatever you call it. We called it sort

prisoners call co's cops or popos.

most people hold it down and hug the charges because they're either man enough to accept the consequences or they're scared shitless

No not in my experience. They definitely knew we weren't the cops after booking.

i was the only whitey on my cell block and no one gave me shit except for some paki. not in the usa though

Really depends on the CO, you earn you nickname and some are better than others, you don't want to be known as certa.
Midnights are usually pretty quiet, you see them fishing a lot.
The COs
Might as well sign up for all the training you can

Blacks don't go to prison, niggers do

ooh. fun time.

ex-con here. ask me anything.

i'll also refute co's bullshit if he spews any.

Usually between 5-8am is the quietest. At least when I was inmate, one big room, 96 people, 3 man bunks

do you ever turn a blind eye when they fly kites or fish like that?

Bull shit. I pull every guy out of a cell and ask them who did it. Guess what? 6/12 tell. Every single time.

I'm curious about casual, conversational jargon - so this is very helpful info... I'm wondering if these positions and the attitudes held by prison staff are ever depicted accurately in fiction

Do you think that jail is just a criminal boot camp that makes offenders worse instead of "correcting" their behaviour?

Have you watched After Prison Show on Youtube? I like the dude's insight and how it seems like he's gotten his act together.

If I'm doing a round and I see them doing it in front of me, yeah I'll take what they're trying to pass and break their lines but I got other shit to do and I'm not gonna run around all night.
I don't really care about exfelons

As in what? Give me an example. Because it seems like maybe you have an idea of what COs sound like.

It's just normal talk. Hey what's up? Nothing. Cool. Got wasted this weekend. Me too. Cool. Wanna drink tomorrow? Sure.

Not him, but yes.

I came out with tips on how to do so much illegal shit. Put something of it to use over time sadly.

Like doggystyle?

List the different types of escape plans you have seen or stoped

>I saw a guy get his dick cut off
Wait...what?

five posters and no one noticed this?
Pls, some backgound on this.
Thank you.

Ouch my balls!

What got you into this line of work?

An escape charge is an automatic 5 years. You don't see that too often.

the first prison scene in shawshank where they're talking to each other and teasing the fat guy, that happens.

i was a tier up and across the way from an elbow that got a new cellie that diddled a kid. molester had poofy hair. lifer would shake his cell door and sing alice in chains "i've come to fuck this rooster"

over the course of a week, i literally watched this molester stop talking, stop using the phone, stop showering. one night the lifer called out to co's because the dude tried to hang it up.

If it's just one no. But I'll let them know I saw them and not to do it again or I'm tearing shit up.

If they did it again I gotta tear shit up. Especially if it's right in front of me.

I was never one to go and put blankets or towels down so people couldn't pass.

But I'd just politely ask them as men not to do it anymore.

You work in a state owned or privately owned prison

Statistically you're wrong and from my and my coworkers' experience in criminal justice, you're wrong.

Just teaches you the ways and makes you less likely to go back unless you're reckless and stupid. If i didn't learn anything I'd be in right now LOL

at least youre respectful

I do miss a good shakedown though

why do you think that? because your friend who got a light charge told you that? kek

very good question, because i went to both.

i've been in county and state, they're just holding you until release. you can sign up for ged classes if you didn't graduate hs.

you can request a job, or one is assigned to you, but they're pretty menial and you don't learn shit.

however i was in a prison boot camp. sentenced 2 - 5 years with another 10 years probation following. spent 5 months in state for processing, 6 months in boot camp and i was out. at boot camp you were required to take your ged if needed, anger management classes, drug info classes (there was one co that was trained for drug counseling assigned to every unit) and you were assigned a "trade job". mine was hvac.

i got more out of that 6 month experience then any of the jail time i did.

Do you think you could hold the Hulk in your prison?

how do you get the job?
how much do you make?
is it an easy, stress free job?

Di you think the boot camps are a better method than jails fir short-term offenders? I worked at an ex-youth bootcamp, I don't know if it helped too many of them. But they were also too young to want to learn job skills

i feel bad for the COs that have to do the level 3 searches LOL

>stress free
he works in a fucking max prison user

PC rat detected

What's the deal with airline food?

Two guys were doublebunked in the same cell, one of them had made a bet he couldn't pay and so he paid the price. I waited for back up.
Money, benefits, and time off
State
Most child molesters ask and beg for pc since they know shit will happen to them
No
I took a test, then waited, then took another test, then got interviewed, then went to a 8 week academy.
>how much do you make?
With overtime I made over 100k
>is it an easy, stress free job?
it's easy but it's stressful as he'll. Everyone around you is carrying a weapon

What happened to the pedophiles in prison?

yes, but only because the one i was sentenced to was legit. it was run like an actual boot camp.

the co's that worked first shift were required to pass the marine drill instructor course at paris island.

it was very structured, with a basis of how your actions affect others.

i.e., if you fucked up, you got pt'd. then you would get pt'd again because you made the rest of the squad wait while you got pt'd the first time.

Not one person has agreed to you. We all know that the majority are rats. Congrats you aren't /s

>Most child molesters ask and beg for pc since they know shit will happen to them

they do, but they don't get it when this happened.

where i live, when you get sentenced to state, everyone goes to a central prison. they stay there for a couple of months until they are processed and assigned/transferred to their permanent prison.

so unless you were level 4 or 5, everyone got lumped together for a bit. 4's are lifers 5 are death penalties. they lumped those two together in the max block.

>I was never one to go and put blankets or towels down so people couldn't pass.

what the fuck is this fishing and kite flying you guys are talking about?

throwing a weighted line from one cell to another. the other cell ties (usually a lighter or a cigarette) to the end of the line, and the first cell pulls the string back.

Passing letters (kites) in between pods, though they used of inmates, like cafeteria helpers, the ones who bring sheets and hygienic shit. Etc.