Do you listen to music while you're at work?

Do you listen to music while you're at work?

Me: Yes, but my coworkers made fun of me for my headphones at first because they were big cans

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P7B-AlKTdGQ
youtube.com/watch?v=R22SixkWGx0
youtube.com/watch?v=-F5o5E9If24
youtube.com/watch?v=K5XK2H5dNMw
youtube.com/watch?v=AHt8KIMf0do
youtube.com/watch?v=qk1i6x4oD3A
youtube.com/watch?v=rYtdwYRXcCg
youtube.com/watch?v=SkID1_eosJo
youtube.com/watch?v=578uyVnTxf8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If I did, I could only listen to what I have on my phone, which are only two albums each by 13 bands. Nah, I get most of my music intake in my car, where I keep my iPod.

I work at a record store, so yes. I play whatever the fuck I want.

Same senpai
>mfw making customers listen to free jazz and This Heat
>mfw old people come up and ask if we have what we're playing so they can buy it

I've got my own office so I play whatever I want through speakers

Believe it or not, Sunbather sells almost every fucking time I play it.

Yes, I have music and sometimes movies perpetually going while I make art. For my own approach, I think it helps and can even be a necessary element of the process

Pizza delivery is a bottom-tier job but holy shit, it's so easy and i get enough tips to make me earn more money than any kitchen staff and all i do is drive around listening to music

I'm a video editor, so I get around it because that's what people use for editing anyway.

If you have fucking earbuds at work while you edit, people assume you're either poor or retarded.

Are you me?

Yeah.

I'm a private investigator though so I mostly just sit in my vehicle alone a lot.

Music and podcasts all day.

Cool!
Sounds comfy. Might try that myself.
This surprises me, but on the other hand, I've never shown Sunbather to someone, and had them not be at least interested and entertained by its novelty.
That must be a good feeling, desu.
But...why can't you bring your ipod out of the car, into work..?

In school now, but I worked at UPS part time for a year or so. 6 hours of almost uninterrupted music a day as I moved boxes. It made me realize though that I can only listen to certain types of music when my attention has to be slightly split. I've also found that some great albums slid under my radar when I had only listened to them at work.

>when you ask what something is and it turns out to be something that you always say you don't like

>hear some dope noise rock at a store and think it sounds a bit like a ballsier but less experimental early sonic youth
>turns out it's nirvana

For real though, anyone know what album/track this might have been? No regrets

Might've been the hidden track off nevermind?

that's not very specific, but radio friendly unit shifter kind of has a SY vibe. nothing wrong with liking nirvana senpai, they have a ton of good deep cuts (not that that's necessarily a particularly deep cut)

youtube.com/watch?v=P7B-AlKTdGQ

Maybe, it's not standing out as it immediately though, so just as much maybe not
I don't think it's this, I feel like I would've thought of nirvana upon hearing this

Both these sounds sound pretty good though. I used to listen to nirvana but wrote it off as something I outgrew at some point. I should check them out again. I was assuming the song I heard was from an earlier album a bit btw because, even though I don't remember them well, I'd already heard in utero and nevermind ages ago

PT so i just play whatever jams i want while inappropriately touching people and giving fitness advice

I work in a loud as fuck tool shop.
It's mostly me and a guy in the back who listen to music. He listens to what I think is blackened death metal, I listen to Sumner Brothers and Drive-By Truckers type stuff.
I feel kinda bad for all the mid 50s guys who have to be between us.

What job do you have to do this?

jeez last time I was in a store a kid working there put on midnight marauders and I was SO tempted to go see if they had one for sale

It could've been off Bleach, Insecticide, or In Utero. It could also be a B-side or "rare" track. Nirvana dabbled in Noise Rock quite a bit and Sonic Youth was a huge influence for the band, so it's kind of tough to say which track it could be. Because you said it sounds similar to early Sonic Youth, but less experimental, I'd say it could've been the hidden track from In Utero called "Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Flowing Through the Strip", but that track is somewhat long.

I'd recommend just listening to the entirety of Nirvana's discography tobehonest (they honestly were a legitimately great band), but if ya don't wanna do that, I'd say the song you heard was maybe one of these instead:

youtube.com/watch?v=R22SixkWGx0
youtube.com/watch?v=-F5o5E9If24
youtube.com/watch?v=K5XK2H5dNMw
youtube.com/watch?v=AHt8KIMf0do
youtube.com/watch?v=qk1i6x4oD3A
youtube.com/watch?v=rYtdwYRXcCg
youtube.com/watch?v=SkID1_eosJo
youtube.com/watch?v=578uyVnTxf8

yeah
i can't play techno or sad sack shit before a coworker decides to put something else on though