ITT: post the most useful software you've ever used

ITT: post the most useful software you've ever used

>advanced renamer

Whatever windows 7's default image viewer was called.
Often had colour issues and could't even view gifs

>WinDirStat

breakdown of space usage on a drive

Visual studio

Photoshop

Linux

Actual image?

here, here
>the entire suite or cloud service, mediafag present

no, the software...
the chick is her

BitMeter

super lightweight and customizable bandwidth monitor

Truecrypt 7.1a

fucking windows media player CLASSIC. (mpc-hc)

best video player ever created, period.

freecad
any new spuer complex project ideas?
make a model to see if it would work !

Internet explorer

holy shit i've been looking for that. didn't know what it was called

Recuva has saved me more than a few times.

sony vegas

sandboxie

Ollydbg for PC
Probably Xposed framework on phones

This. Too bad it's a bit expensive if you plan to use it the legal way.

GIMP has basically all the same features, for free.

a software called Everything. It indexes your files on drives so you can search for them super quick. Very very useful if you use Windows 10 and hate the search bar there.

That actually sounds very useful, thanks user

GIMP is a pain in the ass to use

Try WizTree instead! Faster because it uses the NTFS MFT, like Everything for search

It's great. It helps if you also have a shit ton of files and need to open up a file quickly.

I also recommend a task manager replacer called Process Hacker. Way better than the one windows comes with since you see processes in a tree style so you can see what application was opened up by what. It also shows you a GPU graph since I know the ones on Windows 7 and 8.1 don't.

GCC

tor

Is ass

Nice, will definitely check that out. I wish vulkan would get bigger but while microsoft owns dx12 I'm stuck with windows 10, this kind of thing makes it much more bearable.

OP here. Try ZorinOS. It's Linux based but designed like W7. Fuck W10 it's garbage.

Winamp

If you need Windows 10, I'd recommend you pirate Enterprise LTSB. It will forever be on version 1607, and will only receive security updates. It's meant for hospital equipment, ATMs, and single purpose machines that don't need feature updates like the current mess that is version 1709.

Yeah I'm only using win10 because it's the only os with directx12 support thanks to m$. I would switch to Linux in a heartbeat if I could run all my games smoothly with my subpar gpu. How is wine these days?

Thanks for the info user, that's exactly what I need

Sardonicus.

If you are half-lighting a sync webbed XP to fast disc over W10, you should have 5 quads of Sardonicus shadowing a mal-fenced temp defrag.

aSSidentifier 4.5

I like the features more in 4.5 but the GUI in 3.0 was way better.

Good enough to game with a negligible performance hit IMO.

What games do you need DX12 for?

Be sure you find one on the Mydigitallife forums, which you need to register to use. It's by MSfanboys but they have a lot of great shit there, like the direct links to Windows activators and more. Get Enterprise LTSB from there.

Then once you install it use OOShutup and Spybot Antibeacon to stop some of the telemetry

Wizmouse
The ability to use a scroll wheel on a non-active window is just very convenient.

You guys are total fucking faggots. I've used linux at work for a decade / work in tech, and let me straight up tell you that you guys are being hipster faggots to the extreme. It's awesome in a workplace setting, but it's utter shit for a personal computing setting. Everything works in Win, Win is not that bad compared to the hoops you have to jump through with home linux use. You're not cool, no one cares.

Want to know how you can easily identify someone who is a beginner-tier Photoshop user? ask them if they prefer GIMP lol you have zero clue what you're talking about

xplorer2 for dual-pane file browsing

jdownloader for managing downloads

SUMo for software updates

ditto for a better windows clipboard

Interesting. I think I'll be reformatting my PC sometime soon then, dual booting Linux and this Enterprise LTSB as a fall back sounds like a good way to test the waters. Plus my current win10 installation is a shitshow of jury rigged software, it'll sure be a load off my mind to leave that behind

Will do, I know the official autoKMS is hosted there but didn't know they had all that too, sounds very useful

I just like making it that tiny bit harder to steal my info. Just a tiny little finger for ms and uncle sam

Octave

Winamp with geiss was pretty cool before they fucked it up. I’d put aphex twin’s saw 2 on and would just watch. Pretty mesmerizing after being awake for a couple of days

Wat? I'm not even a super tech savvy dude, but I use Linux at home because win10 sucks so much. It updates constantly, hard to find what you need, seems slower, ect.
Sometimes Linux requires some bullshit tech knowledge, but normally a Google search foxes that

Why use Windows?

Directory Opus file manager

Adobefag detected

Daemon Tools

youtube-dl

Because Windows werks. Drivers are a massive pain if you use Linux since driver support on Linux is abysmal

Want to know how you can easily identify someone who is a beginner-tier GIMP user? ask them if they prefer Photoshop lol you have zero clue what you're talking about

Mastercam

Plex

Preview

μTorrent

Stop being a cheapskate mother fucker and buy hardware that is
"open" Linux compatible. Geeze!

Only 2.2.1 is worth using. Fuck any of the new versions of uTorrent.

Any open source replacement is better than the modern versions of it.

It's hard to when most consumer stuff is made for Windows especially the stuff you buy at the store. You have to go out of your way to buy Linux compatible stuff online.

lol no one cares kid

uTorrent is loaded with trojans. Check it on virustotal. I use qBittorrent.

TreeSize

Scans all your files in a certain disk and list it in folder/file size order.

Hexchat for xdccing my anime on irc. Do you faglets even know what irc is?

I've used it but it's inferior to torrents.

You can download shit in bulk through torrents, but it's harder to on IRC. IRC xdcc bots don't have a large catalog of anime like torrent trackers.

>Directory Opus

/thread

Linux has, in my experience, had better driver support than Windows for everything but obscure graphics cards (mostly old ones) and 10 year old PCI network cards.

I've used this a lot but when I download in mp3 format nothing can read it.

CPUID HWMonitor

You probably used a wrong argument. I just use Youtube-dl GUI for it.

Linux Mint 18.2

lmao dont act like its underground

I run one

Total Commander
(has a powerfull renamer)

I use Bulk Rename Utility. Insane number of options.

>not using qBittorrent
>2018

an IRC server that is

Gnu Emacs

Counter Strike 1.6

Awk, SED, netcat

it's known as qstalledmeme on certain circles because a bunch of torrents would stall on qbittorent compared to other clients. Thatw as on older versions, dunno if it's better on new versions, but there are lots of good open source torrent clients out there to just say qbittorrent is the best one.

I personally use rtorrent+rutorrent on a seedbox

Compilers.

I gets anime from xdcc dot horriblesubs dot info

GCC? LLVM? Mingw? Intel?

Google chrome

bash

Eudora.

DCC most of the times (Borland Delphi).
Intel is a compiler?

spacetornado renamer
awesome duplicate image finder
notepad ++
jdownloader 2
webm for retards
Windows loader/windslic

Intel have a compiler that generates optimized code for their processor, look it up. I think its called Intel C Compiler. It's quite good.

forgot, portableapps

Wat

Good boy.

Adobe Illustrator

Minesweeper

Keypass 2

is there even such thing as small black cock?

enlighten me Sup Forums.

fuckin newfag

I use Deluge.

what an awful post

Not necessarily software, but uMatrix is by far the most useful browser extension I've ever used. It's basically a selective script blocker, and can drastically cut down on all the peripheral bullshit most websites try to load.