2018 and people still believe in God and the afterlife

>2018 and people still believe in God and the afterlife

fucking kek

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's more probable that a God exists than not.
>Not thinking philosophically
>2018

proof?

God is an extra assumption that unnecessarily increases complexity. We can reject it via Occam's razor.
>Not thinking philosophically
>2018

Philosophy is an overly meta waste of thought that complicates the fact that we are here and can do whatever the fuck we like.
>2000+18
>not knowing da wei

why does it matter to you what so ever? believe or don't. literally no one except autistic neck beards care. i honestly dont

Not OP, but beliefs inform actions, and I care about the actions people take.

Why shouldn't they? Have we as the human race discovered what happens when you die, until then you can believe whatever you want

meh. I don't really care if there's a God or not. I wouldn't be surprised if ended up in hell tbh

Nigger you do realize I can believe whatever the fuck I want and it doesn't affect you in one way or another? If it helps people get off this rock then they can believe whatever they want.

What's the most probable cause of the universe if you were to accept the universe had a beginning and a cause? The cause would have to be timeless and immaterial because literally nothing existed prior to the creation of the universe as well as a personal cause because a sufficient cause goes against our knowledge that the universe does indeed have a beginning.

God is the simplest answer. Explain to me a cause to the universe that's simpler, except perhaps that the universe has no cause, which almost nobody believes.

>people who believe raping virgin children will cure AIDS doesn't affect people
ayy lmao

Proof against?

>God is the simplest answer.
God is the most complicated answer. It raises so many questions as to be absurd.
>except perhaps that the universe has no cause,
Why ask if you already know of one?

Now that you mention that, why do you believe raping virgin children is morally bad? Some cultures believe it to be a good thing, so what makes you the arbiter or morality?

What did he mean by this?

Exactly, if people are allowed to mutilate themselves and pump their body full of chemicals then why draw the line there?

>why do you believe raping virgin children is morally bad?
Harmful to society.
>what makes you the arbiter or morality?
No one but me and those who agree with me. Morality is inherently subjective. Even if you believe in a god that lays out a morality, morality would still be subjective.

>Harmful to society.

How so?

Google it. It's a real thing that happens.

huurrrr....Wut I believe is da science.

>spreading disease and traumatizing children
>maybe not bad for society, better ask what's wrong with that

Emotionally and potentially physically damages both the children and the ones who care about those children.

It makes more sense than Religion

We've proven religion wrong time and time again

Fixed it for you

herp derp I have science on muh side...
observer effect? Wut dats about?

>Harmful to society.
I would argue that it's evolutionary prudent to rape and slaughter the children of a rival tribe in order to ensure the survival of your own genetics.

>Morality is inherently subjective.
So you believe the Holocaust is morally good because the Nazis believed it so? How do you reconcile your own code of morality with others who disagree fundamentally?

>being this big of a fedora user
>not paying attention to how things work on micro and macro levels

Wew-lad.

The amount of religious shit brains on this thread disgusts me.

Cry moaaaaar.

And how did something come from nothing my scientifically illiterate autist?

You can't just fill every unknown gap in the history of the universe with a god, it's stupid.

>It makes more sense than Religion
Nothing creating something out of nothing makes any sense? God as the cause of the universe is at least logical.

>Bob: Nothing stopped the Nazi advance?

Oh please if god was real United State would be the first country to nuke him

>atheists dont belive in god
>90% of the stuf they talk about is about god

its like that socialy unware girl that treats you bad because she secretly likes you

>So you believe the Holocaust is morally good because the Nazis believed it so?

to them it was. are you arguing they didn't believe so? it's subjective and you just gave an example of it yourself

>How do you reconcile your own code of morality with others who disagree fundamentally?

personally i think they should be put to death or be reeducated

>I would argue that it's evolutionary prudent to rape and slaughter the children of a rival tribe in order to ensure the survival of your own genetics.
Except we are social animals that have developed an interconnected, global society. It's more beneficial to work with others to raise the likelihood of survival of all.
>So you believe the Holocaust is morally good because the Nazis believed it so?
No. The Nazis believed it was morally good. I do not.
>How do you reconcile your own code of morality with others who disagree fundamentally?
By disagreeing with them.

since you can't answer a simple question someone is filling a gap?

>whenever people talk about how they're atheists they end up talking about god lol!
>that can't be a coincidence XD

someone should end your suffering

Scientifically, you cannot 100% disprove the theory that there is a god.

I do not believe in a god, but to the extent that I know there is way more to this world and all of existence that I don't know than things that I do know and can ever learn in my lifetime.

I'm not appealing to god as an explainatory entity, but using the best scientific knowledge to draw conclusions about what answers are more probable than others. Deductive reasoning is also an acceptable method in argumentation .

hey remember this fagot?
Spent his life blaspheming GOD, then died from throat cancer.
Proof GOD not only exists but has a sense of humor too.

But you have no beliefs. The society that has taken the human race to its greatest pinnacle is based on Judo-christian principals. With out the development of religion we would be nothing. Just like what you believe in... nothing.

so does this apply to leprechauns and unicorns too

>2018
>still believing in a religion
About 75% of all wars on Earth was over religion and yet you gullible faggots still "have faith"

Ultimate fucking KEK

because religious niggers can't keep their religion in their pants

>Scientifically, you cannot 100% disprove the theory that there is a god.
Prove that something material and sufficient as opposed to personal was the cause of the universe or that the universe is timeless and uncaused itself.

>But you have no beliefs
False. I have many beliefs. A trivial one is that I believe that I have beliefs.
>The society that has taken the human race to its greatest pinnacle is based on Judo-christian principals
Heavily influenced by secular thought to the point where principles found in the Bible are now rationalized away by apologists because they are not acceptable to a modern audience.
>With out the development of religion we would be nothing
You can't possibly know that.

>What wrong with that?
Or are you admitting your moral lens been constructed by your societies judeo christian values?

or proof that cells mutate thus being evidence for evolution

>accepting that the universe has a beginning and a cause
>accepting that time is linear and constant
>accepting determinism
nigga do you even philosophy? sick of this naive essentialist shit

What if the culture views it as a right of passage. Where a your moral constructs derived from? In that culture it would be considered a perfectly acceptable.

Here is your unicorn fagot.
Uni=one
corn=horn
translated one horn, as in the white rhinoceros
Illiterate uneducated fags like you believe ignorant fairy tales then misapply your ignorance to that which you are too ignorant to understand.

Where did God come from then?

Something can't come from nothing right?

That's a rhino you dumb nigger, that aint a unicorn you dumb christian

>What if the culture views it as a right of passage.
Then I would say they are wrong.
>Where a your moral constructs derived from?
What is beneficial to society and thus ultimately the individual.
>In that culture it would be considered a perfectly acceptable.
Sure, but I would say that culture is wrong.

>personally i think they should be put to death or be reeducated
How did you form this conclusion? What led you to see the world in this way? It certainly wasn't constructed by you.

>Accusation of accepting determinism
Did I even mention that at all?
>Universe has no beginning or cause
Explain
>Time being non linear or not constant
Time didn't exist prior to the creation of the universe. Nothing did. Again, explain your position on the beginning of the universe, or the lack thereof.

You're just posturing.

herp derp da evilution is da real science...

Genetic science proves macro-evolution is impossible.

Religious people are mad because another belief system beat them at explaining shit. If you wanted crops to grow you had to pray to god and hope rain comes. Science lets us go into outer space. There's no fucking comparison, religion lost. It's a matter of time till the human race is completely secular.

He was a good guy. Dawkins got triggered when he asked Hich if he could erase all religion and Hich responded with the choice he would leave some.
Hich at least recognized that he truely didnt have all the answers but a ponderer of ideas.

Not if Islam continues to grow. It's grown from being a religion to a billion strong cult.

>God is the simplest answer
No it's just the most convenient and ambiguous.

>Then I would say they are wrong.
Your opinion doesn't determine whether something is morally good or not. That's not an adequate source of morality.
>What is beneficial to society and thus ultimately the individual.
Razing your enemies homes to the ground, raping their women and murdering their men would benefit your own society. Yet you would say that's immoral. Your derivative is a flawed one.

hurp derp I got embarrassed because I didn't understand what words people used for animals in olden times.

Typical stupid atheists.

You sure it wasn't about resources or people? You realize society would not exist today without religion. There have been holy wars but it was always about power and the usurping of religious principles for control.
But please, do as though wilt.

It's still only the second most popular cult.

You know exactly what a Unicorn is but you rather lay word games to derail the convo.

Answer the question, is it more probable to believe in unicorns and leprechauns than not?

What is simpler other than the universe being uncaused and timeless? If that's your belief, then give me your argument for it. Or are you just talking out of your ass again?

Fastest growing while people are abandoning Christianity and Judaism was never popular to begin with

>second most
I'd say it has the most devote followers, mainstream Christianity is more or less just a security blanket for people to look moral or just.

Simplest =/= Most Probable.

God is also the simplest answer for why it rains, where babies come from, and how fire works. And yet we accept the scientific explanation for these.

Hey also, a counterpoint to your first: Higgs Boson, which has already been proven real.

You're responding to the wrong person.

It's probable that people do believe in unicorns and leprechauns because there are verified cases of people who actually claim to hold those beliefs and have arguments to support them, though everyone knows they're full of shit.

Stupid question, but there's your answer.

The just kys.
What difference does it make when there is no afterlife?
Nothing what you are, do, will be or will do will matter since the end result(death) is always the same.
Proof me wrong

and people still believe in God and the afterlife
>fucking kek

Are you making a truth claim. It sounds like it. Please provide an argument and/or evidence that supports your claim.

Until then, you fucking kek.

discord gg/vAw5NaF

fagot got shown up as a stupid nigger because hr didn't realize unicorns used to refer to the white rhinoceros and dinosaurs used to be called dragons.
Way to go you stupid fucking retarded atheist fagot.

>again
>1st post of ITT
Not saying there isn't a God but I will say that it's nothing like what religions describe, nor is it something requiring worship. I doubt very much it even knows we're here BUT even if it does, we're not worth more than a cursory glance to validate our existence within it. People are just egotistical faggots.

I must say, God and the afterlife may or may not exist, who the fuck knows.

But it's gotta be said: the concept that an all powerful being who created this universe even remotely cares about us or what we do is the most egocentric, narcissistic and self-centered thing someone ever though of

Fuck you're stupid. If the only reason you have for being a decent human is because you think theres a reward in it, then you aren't a decent human after all.

What you do on earth before you cease to exist may impact the lives of countless others along a long enough timeline. Your reason for existing is to pass on your genetics, ensure your legacy. Beyond that, you can only work to better the lives of yourself and all those around you. There's no reason why we exist, and if there were a god, as described in the bible, there still wouldn't be a reason.

>We can reject it via Occam's razor.
Seems like you should use that razor to cut your wrists. Get it over with.

If you live your life for what will happen in a "maybe" scenario, you have a pretty shit life.
Also, hookers.

Rhinos were never refered to as unicorns.

Again answer the original question, and stop derailing christfag.

>literally no one except autistic neck beards care. i honestly dont
Surely not a single victim of countless wars over religion cared. Why would autistic neck beards care?

>Simplest =/= Most Probable.
Didn't say it was, the question was raised by>Hey also, a counterpoint to your first: Higgs Boson, which has already been proven real.
Explain. Doesn't make sense to use it as an explanation to the cause of the universe if literally nothing existed prior to its creation.

>someone should end your suffering

>i cant have normal conversations whitout saying im dont belive in god and how mich of a fool you are for doing so

maybe they should

>Your opinion doesn't determine whether something is morally good or not.
It does to me.
>That's not an adequate source of morality.
That's the only source there can be. Even if a god existed, its moral opinions would still just be opinions.
>Razing your enemies homes to the ground, raping their women and murdering their men would benefit your own society.
I've already explained how this is not the case in this very thread.

>We've proven religion wrong time and time again
Really? I would agree that every religion besides Christianity is false. Can you provide a cogent argument that makes Christianity false?

> you think theres a reward in it
I didn't say anything of a reward

>impact the lives of countless others
They'll die too and won't remember anything => pointless.
And since feelings are just chemicals who cares, right?

>described in the bible,
I'm no biblefag, just logical

>We've proven religion wrong time and time again
Remind us of the Nobel prize winners again?

The Higgs Boson is an energized particle which generates itself out of literally nothing.

>Higgs Boson suddenly creates itself
>Suddenly there is something where there was nothing.

Bam. Universe begins.

If we assume there was a god, then we have to ask where that god came from, how was it created, and what motivation it had for creating anything.

If we take the Higgs Boson theory (Which has been proven more than plausible), we can just assume that shit happened because it was inevitable.

>i cant have normal conversations whitout saying im dont belive in god and how mich of a fool you are for doing so
>maybe they should
How about doing an honorable thing and having enough conviction to admit that you were wrong on a particular issue?

>every religion besides Christianity proven false

The same reason those were proven false has shown that Christianity is false as well

>Can you provide a cogent argument that makes Christianity false?
Take the bible, turn to any page, read any scripture, and prove it wrong using any sort of logic.

>This religion with an all powerful daddy is false
>But my religion with an all powerful daddy is true!
t. christians.

Do your individual particles and cells ask how they got created? A god wouldn't hear us anymore than we can hear our own particles crying out for validity.

Most likely: t. Sup Forums

Your beliefs are founded on a book which was written by men who believed there was a god. You aren't following any god, you're following the ideals of someone who believed there was one. Would you believe that spiderman is real, because Stan Lee wrote a book that says so?