Which jobs are being lost to automation the quickest in the future?

which jobs are being lost to automation the quickest in the future?

Prostitution

mcnuggie and fry maker, money taker lady, sad unskilled labor assembly man

The job of automating jobs.

They are literally making sex robots right now.

Taxi/uber drivers, package delivery drivers, over-the-road truck drivers.

Im an economist how fucked am I?

How are repair workes in medium risk? I'm an electroengineer, a machine can repair another but when the repairer breakes its my job to repair it, anyhow.

I like how people who talk about this like to think that social interaction is a key feature robot and AI cannot replicate in the future and therefore believe jobs like social workers and therapists are safe from automation. They also throw around terms like socal intelligance (as if its actually real), when all it would take is some research, good sensors, and machine learning to do what those people do now. Its just that no one wants to do that kind of R&D on an area that doesnt make a return on investment.

You make a machine to repair the repairer machine and so on
Get cucked by your creations

I like how choreographer is a job they felt was worth mentioning at all.

So your logic is to create is endless machine in order to prevent break down when you can have just someone repairing them, lol dude ok

Art, music and fashion. Computers will be able to produce it but the market is extremely fickle. Just knowing a computer is producing art and fashion will create a market for human art and fashion.

Very, anything financially related is in a lot of danger

No imbecile, you create a machine that creates many other repairing machines

You could just have the repair machine able to repair other repair machines.

Or you could just keep being retarded. That's more entertaining honestly.

>be me
>walk into Micky Ds for some mctendies
>notice they have automated order machines now
>noone is fucking using them, despite the long ass line
People are too dumb to phase out jobs for dumb people

I don’t work at a financial level, I work as a consultant for a company

nice trips

because the touch screens are often unresponsive and slow to transition between menu sections plus 9 times out of 10 they're out of paper because the minimum wage filipino teenagers running the place don't give a shit.

Keep telling yourselves that faggots, the fact is anything related with automation will have jobs guaranteed.

you can't just automate all the lesser jobs and preserve the jobs at the other end

There will be a few system monitors and such, and maybe a quality assurance person or two, but there will be no jobs for anyone not creating new things (artists, etc) or providing a service only humans can (stuff like therapists).

...the entire point of automation is to eliminate the need for people doing jobs.
If a CEO wants to automate, and is told "Hey, these repair bots can repair everything in the place, including each other.", why in the hell wouldn't he start mass layoffs?

Political pressure to create busywork jobs so our ancestors don't think we're lazy computer nerds.

Because the powers at be are so keen on listening to their constituents.
Why not build an army of robot soldiers to keep the rabble in check. Or, since they're basically unnecessary, just wipe them out.

Any job that requires accountability is safe. If you have to sign off and guarantee the work you have just completed you don't need to worry about your job being automated.

wrong, the purpose of automation is to reduce overhead costs, and make more money, nothing more. we will never get to a point were robots do everything, because they still need consumers with money and needs. otherwise, there is no financial drive to keep improving on the tech.

Have three machines with repair redundancies, duh

Automation increases overhead cost. Line level employees are a direct labor cost, where machine use, maintenance and depreciation are overhead.

>reduce overhead costs
The largest being people. If they can get rid of as many people as possible, that would leave very few people who could actually afford to buy anything produced by said machines.

That doesn't mean they won't and then just herd us like cattle.

Thank God. Sex robots plus VR and I'm set.

>Line level employees are a direct labor cost
you must live in a 3rd world country, because most real jobs have healthcare, pensions, and general quality of life costs for every employee. It's really no different than paying to maintain a robot, except that the robot cant sue for being mistreated

Any thoughts on a psychoanalysis degree? What kind of job can i get?

>choreographers
>safe

In cost of goods sold the cost of paying employees to create the product or provide the service is direct labor cost. The three parts of cost of goods sold are materials, direct labor, and assigned overhead. Paying blue-collar employees is direct labor, paying for the lease or upkeep of machines is overhead.

>that would leave very few people who could actually afford to buy anything produced by said machines.
Yeah, we will likely see our society shifting to a more extreme version of what is happening now, with so many adults still living with their parents. Jobs will become more rare, and higher paying, with just one or two bread-winners in entire extended families. They will begrudgingly support us fucking freeloaders, because taking care of family is just something you do.