pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/10025-person-pitch/
pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/6753-top-50-albums-of-2007/?page=5
pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/7744-the-top-50-albums-of-2009/?page=5
youtube.com/watch?v=7UcokDiBdgE
youtube.com/watch?v=wHpZHFCKtEA
youtube.com/watch?v=qocGLpVFS0w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fucking embarrassing

Was he really that young? That's insane.

I thought he was 21 when it was released, though I know he wrote Penny Dreadfuls at 17 which is absolutely insane.

I shoulda learned to play the guitar

>a 19 year old made a shit album
wow, at least post something good if you're trying to make a point

released in 2000 but created between 97-99.

It's genuinely embarrassing you think that album is better than STGSTV. Not even joking, I'm embarrassed for you.

It's genuinely embarrassing you think a 19 year old aspie singing over dog whistles is better than an accomplished guitarist who went through years of childhood abuse to create this album, who played every instrument on the album while these guys banged on drums and shouted like retards and because it's weird and "different" it's somehow better than someone with actual talent

i could have made that at 19. there's a big difference between being "schooled" in a bunch of instruments in your late teens and creating super forward-thinking music with incredible lyrics. that's exceedingly rare.

the mike oldfield album wasn't saying anything new at all in 1973.

lol
youtube.com/watch?v=P6eFn1lApus

You're an art illiterate. There's nothing more to it, nothing less.
>muh abuse
lol

The guitarist, David O'List, was only 19 here. He already co-wrote the best tracks (Rondo, War and Peace, The Cry of Eugene).

>super forward-thinking music with incredible lyrics

Didn't know this was a stealth cringe thread

you hyping mike oldfield is like me hyping some 7-year-old classical piano prodigy.

it's clear you don't know shit user and are a despicable newfag. lurk more.

This too

The Animal Collective album is not new in 2000 either. Mercury Rev and the Flaming Lips were doing the same shit Animal Collective is doing good decade earlier.

The one who is art illiterate is one who appreciates someone with actual cultural impact? While Animal Collective is praised on some random corner of the internet with no cultural relevancy whatsoever, no legacy left behind whatsoever. What other artists have praised Animal Collective? Exactly.

i hate his vibe and think his most recent album is utter shit but this one was actually good and impressive for his age

this too

Everyone slagging off Mike Oldfield in this thread needs to get off this board.

21 year old made this

ian curtis was 24 when he wrote these songs

>both albums sound "weird" to me
>def influenced animal collective on spirits

have you even listened to the OP's album user? wtf are you doing comparing it to those 2 bands?

>While Animal Collective is praised on some random corner of the internet with no cultural relevancy whatsoever, no legacy left behind whatsoever.

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/12518-merriweather-post-pavilion/

pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/10025-person-pitch/

pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/6753-top-50-albums-of-2007/?page=5

btfo with ease, top kek. the highest praise from the most "culturally relevant" publication of our lifetime. you bought the "anco is trash" meme because you're a newfag who doesn't know shit about music.

a 5-year-old made this

pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/7744-the-top-50-albums-of-2009/?page=5

forgot this one.

possibly the only one who can compete in this thread. have you seen him live? legit prodigy

thats not special at all. most classic albums are probably made by people around that age...

A five-year-old wrote this.

youtube.com/watch?v=7UcokDiBdgE

best post itt

>pitchfork

What a retard, kek

This place is truly toxic, fucking hell.

19 year old made this.

Probably not pretentious enough for Sup Forums though.

>calls anco culturally irrelevant
>btfo
>tries to say the most culturally relevant thing isn't culturally relevant

what a faggot pussy. kys

>tfw faggot pussee

Don't worry, STGSTV will be remembered. Tubular Bells won't be. That's always how it goes with art, you can only trick people for so long before they find what's at the root.

>Underage

What a disgrace.

>tfw thinking about all those talents I gave up learning halfway thru as a child
fucking hell

>muh appeal to authority
you're kidding right?

A 12, 16, 18 year old girls made this.
youtube.com/watch?v=wHpZHFCKtEA

Holy FUCK you're a faggot just like every other AnCo fan

Creators of Shmap'n Shmazz, Spiderland and 6 Feet Beneath the Moon were all quite young as well

Two 19 year olds made this

this album is garbage

clay parton and dove amber were both like 23 when they made this album. i hope by the time i'm 23 i can make something half as good

Sister polygon shill fuck off. She recycles east coast emo licks nothing new or exciting here

youtube.com/watch?v=qocGLpVFS0w

A 18 year old made this

have you heard alvin row? Listen to the whole thing my dude.

three 40 year olds made this

This HAS to be bait

You can't listen to a song like Alvin Row and call this album bad

FUCK im 19

>Mercury Rev and the Flaming Lips were doing the same shit
We're talking about STGSTV, not Merriweather Post Pavillion.

>Started making music at age 6
>Died at 35

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_compositions_by_Wolfgang_Amadeus_Mozart

There is literally NOTHING on this board I hate more than STGSTV-fags. I can smell them from behind my monitor, they stink of pretentiousness, of faggotry. You just know that they think they're doing their due diligence as epic Sup Forumscore "Patricians" by picking the obscure Animal Collective title to boost their fragile le music nerd egos.

>Feels? Too ubiquitous!
>Merriweather Post Pavilion? It's too poppy, it's too normie!
It's embarrassing the mental gymnastics that these retards go through to justify their edgy opinions, STGSTV is simply one of the worst AnCo albums.

>B-b-b-ut muh aesthetic, muh comfy!
"No". It sounds like a music video directed by McG, the noises are ugly, the melodies are wonky and unresponsive. The song design? Simply abhorrent, repetitive and creatively bankrupt.

>B-b-b-ut muh music
Lo-Fi Noise pop is for fedora wearing retards and the noise shit is trite. Feels and MPP are far better in regards to music and if you suggest otherwise, you are being willfully ignorant or are completely aesthetically challenged.

>Whatever man, just like lay off and let me have my opinion

You FUCKING FAGGOTS have gone on too long without being challenged on your like for this piece of shit album. You revel in its mediocrity like a badge of honour.

how underage can one poster be

You just went full retard

>Local man screams at wall: "ITS JUST NOISE; how can anyone like this?"

He was 16 actually when he wrote it

(You)

not even him but
>"Tubular Bells is estimated to have sold in excess of 15 million copies worldwide, with sales of more than 2.6 million in the UK alone"

>muh music
how is this an argument

lmao calm down no one cares

Oh I'm luling. Is this pasta?

A 20 year old made this

kekkk

You're wrong. Tubular Bells was a sensation because no one had worked that aesthetic like him.
Thats why it's a seminal album.

just passing by...

>30

Couldn't care less

This one in other hand, especially give me hopes that isn't to late to jump into music

doesn't mean shit if you could've done something this or that artist did. the point is you didn't do it first

He hung himself at 23 though?

my guy, one of my fav records

no friendly pleb the point is i could do one but not the other because one involves just being trained in an instrument and the other involves creative genius

OP BTFO