/emo/

post feels, what you're listening to, or share some stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tfdBJUMZB0U
ogodthewhitewhale.bandcamp.com/track/ends-endings
ogodthewhitewhale.bandcamp.com/releases
xformerlyageniusx.bandcamp.com/track/stop-feeling-sorry-for-yrself-its-bad-for-yr-complexion
xformerlyageniusx.bandcamp.com/releases
youtube.com/watch?v=SgfL1k9H_kY
youtube.com/watch?v=wnR5hP594Jo
youtube.com/watch?v=sMrTd_d5VfM
strangemangers.bandcamp.com/album/a-rare-time
youtube.com/watch?v=VgLqHxrBs2s
youtube.com/watch?v=neEXtRTPhZo
youtube.com/watch?v=KDzt6yI3Dw8
youtube.com/watch?v=CDgbYF48UPw
thisendlessbreath.blogspot.com
youtube.com/watch?v=qAQwAzZvGoo
youtube.com/watch?v=3cY1jQ3xeGk
last.fm/tag/90s emo/artists?page=2
youtube.com/watch?v=sq3mK3cvT4A
realsportsboys.bandcamp.com/album/demon-daze
chinesefootball.bandcamp.com/album/chinese-football
strangeranger.bandcamp.com/album/rot-forever
pregnant2gether.bandcamp.com/album/a-better-hill-to-die-on
eyelet.bandcamp.com/album/nervewracker-3
horror-club.bandcamp.com/album/h-c
campcope.bandcamp.com/album/camp-cope
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

youtube.com/watch?v=tfdBJUMZB0U

Alternative Press is a fucking cancer

O' God the White Whale - Never Knows Best (2012)
Sample: ogodthewhitewhale.bandcamp.com/track/ends-endings
Link: ogodthewhitewhale.bandcamp.com/releases

formerly a genius - demo '17

Sample: xformerlyageniusx.bandcamp.com/track/stop-feeling-sorry-for-yrself-its-bad-for-yr-complexion

Link: xformerlyageniusx.bandcamp.com/releases

youtube.com/watch?v=SgfL1k9H_kY
@19:00
I feel like I need to really rake my lawn but I gotta go to work @2:30 so I gotta wait till a day off. gotta get a buncha caffeine just to be totally out of it when I get ther because lately that's just how I roll but I only get sugarless caffeine because that'll mess with my insides, been bored lately. pray to god what to do, been reading lately, know a lot more then I did but that was only to feel confident not be productive. gotta buy some stocks or something. start paying student loans. wish for forgiveness but I know better. gotta start payin or my credit is screwed. always seems I'm paying one pointless thing after the next. sometimes I think the only way out is the peace core. seems the more I get paid the more it gets taken away by stupid spending. and not by me. I dunno.

youtube.com/watch?v=wnR5hP594Jo

its been 3 years and I'm still not over her

I'm worried I never will be

>emo
>wu tang clan

pick one

youtube.com/watch?v=sMrTd_d5VfM

strangemangers.bandcamp.com/album/a-rare-time

too many feels

youtube.com/watch?v=VgLqHxrBs2s

youtube.com/watch?v=neEXtRTPhZo
currently listening to ^

>they STILL refer to adam mcilwee as "ex-tigers jaw"

youtube.com/watch?v=KDzt6yI3Dw8
youtube.com/watch?v=CDgbYF48UPw

sophiesfloorboard(dot)blogspot has a lot of discographies

haha i know that site. thisendlessbreath.blogspot.com is great for skramzo. lots of obscure shit.

idgi, he is ex-tigers jaw.. he left to do wicca phase

youtube.com/watch?v=qAQwAzZvGoo
The GOAT. I still have to listen to Glassjaw's other stuff tho.

yoooooo

cross my heart - temporary contemporary

>he left to do wicca phase

yes so he should be referred to as such. it's been 3.5 years, are you branded for life just bc of your first band when you've tripled your discography as a new artist?

most people know he's wicca phase now

>most people know he's wicca phase now
not the teen grills who read ap

Hey /emoe/, recently got into the softer side of the genre and it feels a lot more like home than anything else I've listened to in the past. This probably isn't the place for it, but what would you recommend as an entry point for the genre? Current listening list:

>Modern Baseball (got me into the genre)
>Front Bottoms (Talon only)
>Captain, We're Sinking
>The Hotelier (REALLY got me into the genre)
>Empire, Empire (not keen on Be Forgotten though)
>mom jeans (far too memey for my tastes but still fun)
>Tiny Moving Parts (not keen on the math rock side but pretty comfy)
>Remo Drive
>Some of the more emo-leaning sides of pop punk (e.g. TWY's latest release)

Other stuff that might be relevant:
>I'm a fucking pleb (as evident above)
>I can't really stand harsh vocals
>Used to listen to """"emo"""" bands in their tumblr heyday, but nothing's really stuck other than Gerard Way's solo album
>I've found it hard to find new things - I don't stream because it's shit, and most of what I get (and discover) is from Sophie's floorboard
>This would probably be better suited to plebbit but I'd prefer honest opinions over circlejerks

>Modern Baseball (got me into the genre)
holy fuck just stop listen to emo. your entire list is filled with fucking garbage.

So is twiabp actually redeemable or what
I know they're a meme and I've heard a LOT of back-and-forth on whether their early albums are solid or not but they're playing a free acoustic set and then later a show in my town tomorrow which I figured might be kinda cool

idk man i feel like teen girls who read AP now know lil peep more than they know tigers jaw but maybe im brazy

>I'd prefer honest opinions
see

youtube.com/watch?v=3cY1jQ3xeGk

I thought they were shit back when I figured they were a typical emo band with four white guys. I wouldn't go no matter what though because they seem like shit people.

This chart is probably your best bet if you want to know what /emoe/ wants you to listen to. Although if you just enjoy pop rock stuff like The Front Bottoms and Remo Drive, /emoe/ is not the place for you; people here despise that. You're honestly better off going to reddit, and I mean that in the most sincere kind of way.

Yeah fair enough
I'll probably listen to at least one or two tracks so that I'm not totally talking out of my ass but the impression that I get from them is every bad emo/DIY cliche rolled into one band lmao

Discard your entire library other than maybe Hotelier, and go listen to some Mike Kinsella.

I agree with this. /r/emo loves to circle jerk all the modern "emo" bands. I had to stop going there for new music because it was all trash. You might like it though.

anyone still into the emoisdead/"only release is untitled three song 7" kind of stuff, remember that kind of thing a lot from my last.fm days. not into this neo american football kind of stuff at all, but it seems to be exponentially more popular than what i like. basically this kind of stuff (first couple pages have more mainstream midwestern stuff that's not really my taste)

last.fm/tag/90s emo/artists?page=2

Read and fully understood - pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Still, are there any normie-friendly entry points other than post-clarity JEW?

Been listening to this a lot recently, really good Russian band that sounds just like the classic American stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=sq3mK3cvT4A

Are those programmed drums? They sound really awkward tb_h

I love this. Does anyone knows what the name is referencing??

Empire Empire is good, though

Is there something wrong with a band being composed of white men?

JEW is shit m8. You seem to like pop punk more than emo imo.

Listen to Mineral, Cap'n Jazz and Indian Summer right now,they might send you in the right path.

Depends on what you like. I'll link you some entry-tier bands on Bandcamp tho.
realsportsboys.bandcamp.com/album/demon-daze
chinesefootball.bandcamp.com/album/chinese-football
strangeranger.bandcamp.com/album/rot-forever
pregnant2gether.bandcamp.com/album/a-better-hill-to-die-on
eyelet.bandcamp.com/album/nervewracker-3
horror-club.bandcamp.com/album/h-c
campcope.bandcamp.com/album/camp-cope

not at all. im just saying them being trannies or sjws or whatever didnt have an influence on my opinion because i knew of them before that.

>in the year of our lord 2017

Ah, I misread

Not him, but it was on the list in the poppy column - plus, most of reddit seem to worship them as the fucking founding fathers of modern emo.

Post happy emo!