He finally did it -- he released his first bad album!

He finally did it -- he released his first bad album!

umm

This guy gets it

bad for beck. really more 'meh' in the grand scheme of things. so not truly a bad album just a real low quality beck album which i guess is still better than a lot of the crap that's out there.

which kind of scares me. guero was definitely his last great album and i'm thinking more and more he should have hung his hat up after that or The Information.

morning phase was great, even though it was basically a retread of sea change

>Implying One Foot in the Grave never happened

Guero is his worst. It's just an aimless mess. Also rental car is his worst song ever.

>literally make the same song 15 times the album

OP said bad not best. time to go to lenscrafters, my friend

thats not morning phase

One Foot in the Grave, Stereopathetic, Odelay, Midnite Vultures. I maybe heard Sea Change once, but kinda drifted away, something didn't grab me after that. Is it worth going back to catch up?

Modern Guilt had it's moments but was underwhelming.

Morning Phase was a far lesser Sea Change.

Colors is complete commercial sell out crap except for maybe Wow.

beck is a relic from the '90s that shouldn't have made his way into the 21st century

He already did that 23 years ago.

How old are you?

Mutations is my favorite Beck album. Fight me.

>guero was definitely his last great album
I guess I shouldn't expect a total pleb to even know of the existence of Modern Guilt, but I'm gonna call out your shit taste regardless.

Obviously 2deep4u

>having this shit taste

Thank you. Modern Guilt is his best album since Mellow Gold imo

I wouldn't claim that really, but it's still very enjoyable in its own right, it's just got a more melancholic feeling to it than some of his other work. You need a certain mindset to enjoy it, it's not in your face or trying for a wide appeal. Perfect for a midnight drive or a rainy night.

Beck has always tried to do something different for each album though, so most of his albums have a different sound and tone to them, Morning Phase not included.

He already released morning phase tho

>be me
>go to see Beck at Radio City during "funk" phase
>D'Angelo opens
and that's how I started not liking Beck. big mistake booking D'Angelo to play before him.

>disliking the headliner because of the opener

I thought he did that 15 years ago when he decided to rip off 70s balladeers.

Only song i disliked was Wow.

Others were good/meh, they reminded me of Foster the People but i have still not decieded my favourite tracks.

It's so boring and unoriginal, I might as well listen to Tom Petty, Bob Seger, or John Mellencamp.

>Paper Tiger, Lonesome Tears, Round the Bend, Sunday Sun
>Unoriginal
I mean if you exclusively listen to acoustic rock or something I can see why you might find it boring, fortunately most people don't do that.

when the opener blows you off the stage you made a bad call

idk why wow was even on this fuckin album it came out 2 years ago ffs

What if I'm just disappointed because I bought it on a whim and expected something along the lines of his hit "Loser"?

thought Paper Tiger was original then I heard Melody Nelson

beck? more like kek, his music is a joke

Can't really blame the album for your own subjective expectations before listening to it.

Sup Forums hates happy music and loves sad depressing shit

>Sup Forums likes Odelay
You were immediately disproven god damn.

Do you think he shits out stuff like this for a cash grab on Scientology's orders?

But Midnight Vultures is his best album?

Buying a Beck album to listen to hits and songs that sound like his biggest hit is a very bad mindset when listening to any Beck album

he wanted to make a fun record
he succeeded
mu is ded inside

btw this clicks at around 10-11th play
it is among his top five for sure