ITT: Good guys who were actually bad guys

ITT: Good guys who were actually bad guys

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C_Gz_iTuRMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll show you a bad guy *grabs your privates*

That movie is so bad and retarded in a wrong way, even from a child pov. I can't believe it's considered cult by some. Well, it's America after all.

kill you are self

If you're not trolling, how so?

he did nothing right

He's an absolute asshole, every decision he ever made was made by someone else, and (as the sequel shows) he was an ineffective ruler.

>made for 5 million
>earned 70 million
>extremely popular and well known
>cult

Those people sound like idiots.

Fucking insurgent terrorists.

/thread

Essentially every single person in Star Wars gets into jacked up shit they ain't allowed to.

But to add,
>Guardians of the Galaxy squad.
Those fuckers.

>I'm dying!

When the government starts blowing up planets for like no fucking reason I think the rebels get to be good guys.

but it was a planet full of terrorists

Rick and Friends are a cancer who destroy or disrupt every place they step foot in

let's be real here when it comes to TWD most everything gets into the moral grey area.

this guy gets it

Explain?

Shitty HIMYM meme. He got beaten up for nothing. He just wanted to defend himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=C_Gz_iTuRMM

wow what a villainous character

jesus fucking christ...top kek but i kinda agree the rebels probably fucked up the empire economy

But he's not a racist

All three of them ruined that poor little town

Barney Stinson, go away.

It was great that the sequel brought that into light.

But he lets his daughter get blacked though.

>Says Feck to a Bishop
>Kicks said Bishop up the arse
>Kills another
>Nurtures alcoholism in a colleague
>Blatant disregard for intellectual property
>Invokes Gods wrath upon a fellow priest

Off the top of my head

He only kicked Bishop Brennan up the arse, because it was the forfeit for his bet.

>inb4 he only got that forfeit for being a big cheating bastard
His cheating was merely a countermeasure to Father Dick Byrne bringing in an Italian ringer.

>When he stole the parade float and ran a car of two irish people off the road

The machines are doing a great job of running the planet. They even gave mankind a utopian society but people still wanted suffering. So what if they use our brains for processing power?

You're thinking Breakfast Club senpai

>brains for processing power

That was the original idea. Now its just thsat they use our corpses for fuel which is fucking stupid. It was because test audiences couldnt wrap their head around a slightly complicated idea as usual.

Yeah, the planet was populated in general by a people who were opposed to the empire, and were working to support its enemies. The empire didn't get a tiny rebel problem and overnight decide to destroy planets at random. There were a bunch of worlds and peoples who were working against them for many years, and trying to keep it hidden. The empire knew though, and had some options:
1) Do nothing and let their enemies continue raiding imperial facilities, and damaging the economy and peace within the empire. Not appealing to anyone but the rebels.
2) Let the planets with their peoples go free, boot them out of the empire. This will get the dissidents away, but is terrible for the empire as well. It lets the empire's enemies openly arm themselves and also will feed the thought of independence into more people. Additionally, some of those opposing planets are major threats that the empire is trying to keep calm (like the mon calamari shipyards, which even though they are being sneaky, are already able to supply the rebels with major warships)
3) Espionage war to uproot major rebel supporters and replace them, which will fail since the population is against you, so you try to wipe out the population of desenters through bombardments and ground assault. A costly and non-popular choice for all involved.
4) Build a super-weapon that strikes fear into all, and can eradicate rebel planets with no loss in life or ships or time. Additional bonus in that it will force the hidden rebel forces into the open for a decisive battle, or leave them without planets to support their efforts (leaving them to scavenge like pirates, which makes them no more than pirates)

I think the empire did a good enough job to try and bring an end to the unrest afflicting them, by effectively building the nuke of their time, a superweapon with such destructive power that everyone balked at the thought of opposing those who wield it.

>that monotone emotionless voice
pure autism

>What is deterrence theory?
The planet was full of rebels and people opposing the Empire. The inevitable civil war ensuing would have killed most of them plus some of the empire forces. Only a demonstration of brute force would be enough to crush the opposition and minimize the number of deaths.
Also
>"muh ebil empire killing a planet"
>proceeds to blow up a moonsized space station full of people. Twice.

>That fat bastard being good enough at basketball to make the team

Uuuuuh, but they're on a mission from God??!?