ITT unbearably black music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A3ckIovZRwk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Revenge is not the best way to solve things.

Move on Up is the furthest thing from the word unbearable

Why can't we all just get along?

this is a literal shit recording

Curtis [Curtom, 1970]

Initially I distrusted these putatively middlebrow guides to black pride--"Miss Black America" indeed. But a lot of black people found them estimable, so I listened some more, and I'm glad. Since Mayfield is a more trustworthy talent than Isaac Hayes, I wasn't too surprised at the durability of the two long cuts--the percussion jam is as natural an extension of soul music (those Sunday handclaps) as the jazzish solo. What did surprise me was that the whole project seemed less and less middlebrow as I got to know it. Forget the harps--"Move On Up" is Mayfield's most explicit political song, "If There's a Hell Below We're All Gonna Go" revises the usual gospel pieties, and "Miss Black America" has its charms, too. B+

Is it possible to get more funky than this album?

lol

Reginald Denny just wanted to drive his truck.

I'M EXUUUMAAAAAA

I'M THE OOOOOOOBEAH MAAAAN

eh?

We people who are darker than blue
This ain't no time for segregating
I'm talking 'Bout brown and yellow too
high yellow gal can't you tell
You're just the surface of our dark deep well
If your mind could really see
You'd know your color same as me

CM falls into the usual naif liberal trap of assuming all nonwhite people are his spirit brothers united against The Man. Also I don't think you could get away with calling an Asian person "yellow gal" today. I guess it was ok in 1970.

It was less apparent in the 60's and 70's that the dem's were using racial tension as a voting tool,
His music was pretty damn good, I love this is my country by the impressions for it's harmonies and he had some great solo albums too

holy shit what a fucking nu-male

But man, is this album ever dated.

desu

wew lads

youtube.com/watch?v=A3ckIovZRwk

trash thread

why

no one cares about black or white music shit is so fucking gay. worst thread ive ever seen in my god damn life kys

Brothers and the whities
Blacks and the crackers
Police and their backers
They're all political actors

A few hooks would have been nice.

what the shit? why are you telling my to kys you giant cockmongler? fuck you

God this is so fucking awful

>complaining about a 70s soul singer being too black

Do you just want us to post of list of every soul/r&b/fuck singer out there?

because fuck off? worst thread ive ever seen in my life. quit existing dumbass

no, the one who needs to fuck off here is you, you little shit. in fact, i'd fucking stomp you right now. you know what? fuck you dubmass. i'm outta here

thanks and dont ever come back youre doing everyone a favor by killing yourself you fucking drooling retarded degenerate

Nigger detected

yeah nope im white as snow. thread is just insanely gay. get over it