How would you feel if your absolute favorite musician was revealed to be a rapist?

how would you feel if your absolute favorite musician was revealed to be a rapist?

I would like them a lot less as a person but my opinion on their music wouldn't change.
I'm assuming you meant proven.

proven, yes.

i'm not sure if i'd be able to continue listening to their music to be honest, or at least enjoying it in the same way. i assume this hypothetical favorite musician would mean a lot to me, even outside of the musical content.

if one of the animal collective members was revealed as a sexual offender i would lose eight years of magic with them. i would never not be able to think about it and that would definitely taint the experience.
and in the case of animal collective especially they've shown themseves to be very wholesome and innocent and sincere people, at least to the public eye.

>mfw rape is now worse than murder and arson

i wouldn't care if their music stayed good. just wouldn't support them financially.

to add i would ultimately be glad though, as am i about any sexual offender being publicaly comfronted and punished even if their fans suffer some damage from it. it's always worth it to stop them.

Frusciante never raped anyone.
It's almost on par with murder and much worse than arson.

if said artist music reflects something political or socially conscious and its actions contradict it, then yes, I would have a hard time

otherwise? no, don't be a triggered baby

Honestly I think rape is worse than murder out of self defense. Obviously rape is worse than arson, who gives a shit about buildings?

in many cases, rape ruins the person's life completely so it has to be equal to burning some shit down and is murder in the sense that it often leads to the person committing suicide. don't be such a goof about this.

already happened

>It's almost on par with murder
No, it's not.
Though I will admit, usually you can get some sympathy if the reason for your murder is something people can sympathize with, whereas nobody will get that for rape.

As for arson, again, it depends. Did you burn someone's house down without any deaths? Then yeah, rape is usually considered worse. If your fire ends up burning half the town and destroying everyone's livelihoods? Well…it depends.

>Obviously rape is worse than arson, who gives a shit about buildings?
Arson can literally kill or cause 3rd degree burns to multiple people you sicko.

well it happened today and it fucked my world up. prolly still listen to ducktails tho

Euronymous was a white privileged male, who cares if he dies if anything Varg should get a medal.

Then we would be talking about a much more serious crime than arson wouldn’t we?

e.g. murder

Don't care. Fuck feminists and cuckolds.

Murder is intent to kill.
You could set fire to a building without knowing people are in it, or without knowing how much the fire will spread, or whether or not a fireman will die trying to put it out.

Honestly I think real estates timing on this is just lame ass virtue signaling to take advantage of the current public dialogue on sexual abuse

If it was really so important to stand up for women who had been abused why didn’t they do something at the time they found out about it insead of just tying to sweep it under the rug? That would’ve been the time to speak up, not now to just ride a wave

Obviously if matt did anything shady I lose the (considerable) respect I had for dude previously, but I just lost a ton of respect for the real estate guys regardless

e.g. second degree murder, manslaughter

Both worse than arson

I wouldn't give a fuck. He shot 60 people or something and his music still awesome