So I need a medical diagnosis, and I know this is the perfect place to get it because most of you are doctors

So I need a medical diagnosis, and I know this is the perfect place to get it because most of you are doctors.

So every now and then, when I am looking at something, namely on the computer, my vision goes weird. I can't really describe how it goes weird, but if I am looking at something, it just sort of looks like it disappears. For example, when reading on my computer, I can't read what I am directly looking at.

I first noticed that this would happen after strenuous exercise, but lately it has been happening even if I have just been at the computer for a while.

Am I died?

>Am I died?

No. You jerk off too much. You're going blind. Time for Nofap.

You have a blind spot maybe from looking at a laser or the sun or some shit. Go see an optometrist they can see if it's cancer or just a dead spot

Have you ever had a seizure before?

Could be an aura

Have you tried getting glasses? Maybe you're just short-sighted

Accurate.

If it was a dead spot, wouldn't it be permanent?

Never had a seizure.

Its definitely AIDS.
This is the first symptom.
We warned you not to fuk traps.
Sorry user.

Do you see any weird lights or shapes? Google scintillating scotoma.

Man I used to get SS bad.
It was like a crazy light show I coouldn't escape that I didn't ask for.
Couldn't see shit while it was going on.
Just had to sit there and wait 20 minutes till it stopped.

all these suggestions so far are pretty decent for once. Just go see an eye doctor

Look up vertigo and aural migraines
I get them all the time and it sucks. Take some excedrin or paracetamol if youre a yurop, lay down in a dark room for an hour, and then eat something basic when you wake up

>If it was a dead spot, wouldn't it be permanent?

Your brain fills in the dead spot, it's called confabulation. You just don't notice it all the time cause you got non-dead spots too.

>scintillating scotoma
Google image search does not disappoint

as other fellow user said, AIDS and blindness

Maybe eye strain from maintaining the same focal length for extended periods staring at your monitor.
I've also heard notable changes in blood pressure can effect eyesight.

>Man I used to get SS bad.
How often did you get it? And what made it stop?

You are definitely having a stroke, OP.
I hope you have your affairs in order.
This might be the end for you.

So SS is or isn't related to looking at a bright light and seeing a bright white/blue spot there for a few minutes? It doesn't look like the same thing from Wikipedia's SS page, but I don't know what you'd call those spots

It was pretty random ... sometimes it would be weeks between episodes - then maybe several times in one week.

It finally stopped when I quit smoking. (I used to smoke 2 packs a day)

SS is in your brain - not your eyes. Its like a kind of visual seizure. It is often associated with migranes.

Okay, thanks

Thanks, I've had this only 5 times in my life. On reflection, it happened after skipping lunchtime meals.

A headache follows like clockwork 30mins later. Headache can be defeated if I take a paracetamol / aspirin cocktail immediately.

sorry bro i am the wrong kind of doctor for your illness. :(

One thing you cn do is see if the problem is the same in both eyes. If it is, then its prolly in your brain. If it si different then its prolly in your eye(s)

SS affects both eyes at once.

congrats, you are becoming Stevie Wonder

I've had this happen a a few times OP. It was mostly when I was younger and I spent like all fucking night on the computer. I went to the doctors once about a bad one that was lasting a while, and they said it was called an "ocular migraine," and that it wasn't really something to worry about unless it got worse. I haven't had it happen again in about a year.

Thanks a bunch for your replies! I think it probably is from spending too much time on the computer. I just resubbed to WoW because I had some spare time, and so there has been a lot of that.

You may have astigmatism. I had a similar problem, I thought I had "gotten" Dyslexia somehow, but it turned out years of forcing my eyes to focus normally even though they couldn't caught up with them and my brain couldn't compensate for the astigmatism anymore. So I had to get glasses and now I can read again.

use a blue light filter. and see an eye doctor anyway, even if you see fine/don't wear glasses. If they find out you have slightly out of wack vision, you could benefit highly from wearing glasses while on the computer and could browse/play for much longer :) justgetflux .com

How log does it last

I have austigmatism lmao

long

Do you have headeggs after this happens, how long does it happen.

It might not be a problem with your eyes. Have you had any trauma to the back of the head?

If picture is accurate and your eyes are lying on the table when this happens, I got bad news for you

its high blood pressure. do you take any kind of medication?

I used to have a blur sometimes it was an eyelash obstructing my view have to pull it out with tweasers every few months. Possibly that