Sup Forums I need help

Sup Forums I need help,

I'm a first year in Post production media and I need to write a treatment for a 1-3 minute short film.

My idea is a guy who finds himself outside a tall building then at the top flight of stairs walking up to the roof. While he walks across the roof he just stands on the edge and cuts to black.

How the fuck do I make this idea into at least a page? I look at what I've wrote and it's about a paragraph. Since I'm in the first year I don't want to push ideas that I have zero knowledge of producing so I went for something easier but a little more meaningful to me.

This is the first time I've ever done any writing like this, so I'm a little worried.

>1-3 minute short film
easy. Just do stupid abstract bollocks with a song you like overplaying it. Sorry its not the same idea, but its a bit difficult to make a man walking up some stairs interesting

This was meant to be the abstract bollocks. Doing it in black and white with some song playing over it then at the end he stands on the roof with his toes clutching the edge then it cuts to black.

Fuck treatment

Make him black and have a white woman waiting for him on the rooftop. In the last shot he should look away from her and into the camera and give a smug look.

Then post it here and on Sup Forums and use the controversy to launch your film career.

>dude suicide lmao

First have a better idea retard

what if he dances his way to the rooftop? or even walks the stairs backwards?
theres no reason for either of these by the way.

>I look at what I've wrote
If you are this illiterate then just forget scripting and take up sanitation.

When he reaches the top he gets attacked by a flock of wild cock-birds (pic related)

When he reaches the top he whispers "Bane?" before doing the power stance

The idea is, it's all filmed from the point of his knees downwards from the back so all you see is some legs walking

I could just get him to dance off the rooftop in real time.

I'm not that illiterate that was an honest mistake but I'm not much better. I prefer to do special effects and editing but this is in the course.

Why not both? They never said the idea has to be good.

All they said is;

The piece can be Artistic, Experimental, Documentary, Dance, Fashion or Drama and the
theme can be anything you chose but it must be stated.
Eg. Love, loss, reflection, transformation, communication, loneliness, freedom, pleasure,
joy…..

Be resourceful and imaginative. Say something that means something to you, find your voice
as an artist. Show/evoke some emotion

Literally the only idea I went with because of a family suicide.

Note, I fucking hate script writing. I just wanted to edit and do VFX

A beginning, middle, and end is a good start...

Guy finds himself at a building, finds himself at the top floor, walks to the rooftop and stands on the edge.

I came to Sup Forums because you're literally the best guys I know for this stuff. I don't know where and if I should expand on parts. I never wanted to do something complex from the start so I settled on this.

I fear this has the potential to be the "Eye of argon" short films.

don't make it too close to home senpai

Is that just a bad idea in general to do?

probably for me, yeah. Everyones different though.

More than that I just think it's going to come off cheap.

You're acting like you don't give a shit and just want to get this done but then trying to milk family suicide for emotion points like it's genuine.

No one on the course knows of it, I only chose it because it's something I know better than filming a documentary like someone else is doing.

While I do just want to get this aspect done it has to be something other than me filing a duck or something, I would have done something involving VFX or chromakey but we've been told it's not allowed

Why are retards like you wasting their money studying film
You're hopeless lol

OPEN on Guy standing on the ledge of the roof

>*freeze frame*

>"So you're wondering how I got here?"

FLASHBACK Guy in similar clothes outside the building

>"Nope, It ain't me."

PAN to adjacent guy

>"Yep. More like it. Let me tell you how I got there."

Epic Goodfellas-esque 1 shot following him through the building, up the stairs, and when the roof door opens, screen WHITES OUT.

CUT TO CLOSE UP of him standing on the ledge again.

>"Time...is a flat circle."

He leans forward slightly, making the motion to jump. CUT TO BLACK.

WIND SOUNDS. THUD! Voice over by a guy walking by,

>"He didn't fly so good."

CUT TO Protagonist at the ledge again opening his eyes. It was just a dream sequence.

THE END

HE DIDNT FLY SO GOOD

you replied to be by mistake senpai

>walking up stairs
>Gloomy atmosphere, stick some emo in there
>Get to the edge
>Music stops
>He steps over
>it's a sidewalk, he started in the basement
Bonus points for giving a back story, like maybe he's cremating (since it would be weird to bury something in a basement) his dog (I assume dogs get cremated?) And then at the end he's walking into a pound. Or show him walking into a rope store, lmao.
It's very artsy, playing on the audiences perceptions and preconceived notions or whatever. And it's a meditation on time and flexibility or whatever.
This sounds pretty fun, might take a film class.
t. English major

>While he walks across the roof
>he just stands on the edge
>and cuts to black
>While he walks across the roof

Jesus christ what sorcery are you planning you madman?

Sorry haha,

Yeah I'm no good at scripts, I already know I'm going to fail this element simply because I prefer to do editing and special effects.

It's a part I really need to improve on.

That actually does sound pretty fun to do.

I'm in my first month so who knows?

*record scratch*
THIS CAN ONLY MEAN ONE THING

>legs are seen from perspective of the guy looking at his shoes, its italian slippers
>camera looks up to the top of the building
>he sets himself into motion after a short cut to his feet on ground level
>he walks down a hallway and to the elevator
>cut, his hand is shows pressing the button multiple times, first slowly but then gets more hectic like he wants the damn thing to show up
>cut to POV and him seeing the elevator in the 66
>he takes the stairs instead
>his feet are showing again and he makes his way up
>several cuts of his legs moving he reaches the top of the building
>he opens the door and walks the dinosaur

I might do that instead, I like the ending more.

just do the opening to dark knight rises but like its an artsy thing its literally no big deal

It always baffles me to see people like this get into a "creative" field like film production and appear to not a have single creative bone in their body.

Is this new generation really that devoid of imagination and creativity? What exactly went so wrong?

I spent all mine years ago, I'm not the type of person who can write scripts but this is apart of the module for now. This part is meant to help us understand what a script writer is looking for within edits and what they're trying to put across.

It's only within my first year then I can fuck it off and focus on effects.I will admit this is my first involvement doing scripts.

>Tripfag in charge of creativity
You're so creativity bankrupt you hide behind a name to make yourself feel important, rather than letting your posts speak for themselves.
Kill yourself. Get so strong rope, tie a knot, and hang yourself.

Let me record it as well, I'll have a project then.

Please

I'm not hating, like I said I just find the whole thing baffling. Writing scripts is all about putting characters through difficult situations/obstacles that result in conflict and resolve in some way so the audience gets the satisfaction from seeing the resolution. While mastering screenwriting is quite a difficult task, the basics are really simple to understand.

You're assuming I use a tripcode to feel important. That says more about you than me tbqh. Ironically, you didn't even bother to address my post.

Yeah, this is all new to me so as much as I know this first one will suck. I'm not looking to be a master, I'm in my first month with only editing experience so while I have ideas this is the only one I can execute right now.