>Mr. Churchill Says
>Animal Farm
>Phenomenal Cat
>Session Man
>Animal Farm
>Picture Book

ahh yes, the contrarian posts again

see

Only Lola comes close. Strangers, Walter, and Shangri la would have been acceptable.

Is it weird that this is the first album I ever bought?

I always thought it was "I am so lazy, noone to wonder."

I'm not sure which I prefer

Still, glad Sup Forums likes the kinks. Maybe it's because Im in the States, but people really sleep on everything but Lola and the garage songs.

yeah I feel you, seldom talk about the kinks here (also in the states)

Seriously Brainwashed a song that literally sounds like it's by the White Stripes or a garage rock band playing today. Though Shangri La is a great tune.

>Strangers would have been acceptable
look at the list again qt ;)

>Rats, Apeman, Strangers, Victoria (my favorite), Brainwashed

Its such a beautiful song. David Bowie also has a pretty good cover of it imo. Also, it sounds like part of the main guitar melody is used at the very beginning of the Bob's Burgers opening theme??? Take a listen.

How do you prefer apeman to Waterloo honey?

I love the song don't get me wrong, but I feel like that's probably the one song I've heard too many times. While I love it when I hear it, I never seek it out. I'll seek it out if I catch a part or am reminded, but I never go... hmm let's turn on waterloo sunset. Though I've heard lola more times but still love that and hold it dear to my heart, it's also fucking hilarious

>hold it dear
Did you almost bang a tranny

No I just think it's a great tune, on of the first song I get into period, and not only that it's kinda smart. It never out right says she's a man, it says like a man, and alludes to it but never out right says it. Like I can think of a few songs, in rap, where they out right make gays or trannys the butt of the jokes. I don't think the songs at the expense of the tranny it's more just a story that has humor. It's not subtle, but it doesn't out right say it.

Also I think Dave was gay, could be wrong

ah-bloo-bloo

It's one of the most quintessentially British songs of all time so only if you are in fact British yourself can you claim it to be your song