I'm about to get OC sprayed tomorrow

I'm about to get OC sprayed tomorrow
ama

Police or military

Jail Officer. So Police Academy.

Did you need to do a polygraph test? Or will you need to do one? How much will you be making during the police academy? And how much will you make after the academy.

Are you allowed to just keep your eyes closed or do they have to be open to receive the full effect?
Provided you've already been tased, how does it feel? I ask because I've been hit with about 230 volts from a light switch and want to compare

Pro tip for you boss. Tonight and tomorrow morning saturate your face with Vaseline. Put it on as thick as you can without it being to obvious for your test tomorrow.

kek and tomorrow his face melts off or some other unexpected shit
>inb4 no it protects you!

Nah, no polygraph test. They pretty much just trust whatever you put on your application, like if you've ever done drugs and whatnot. I'll make my normal salary, which is about 40k just starting out. After I'm certified through the academy, ill get about 2500 extra on my salary.

Are you scared or nervous?

Whats your plan to deal with the pain?

We can keep them closed, because its going in your eyes regardless. Not to mention, when it hits your eyes, they immediately seal shut. Getting tased doesnt exactly hurt, but its extremely uncomfortable. I really cant explain it, but it's unpleasant enough that you dont want to keep getting zapped.

yeah, thanks. Ive got milk and clear baby shampoo to coat on my face.

I'm honestly a bit nervous. I've seen this shit bring grown ass men to their knees. Theres not much to do besides bear it and wash your eyes out.

You're right to be nervous, that shit is brutal

what are you gonna wash you're eyes out with? Just water?

Cali police officers get polygraphed before they can join the police academy.

How old are you and what schools (and degrees) did you finish?

thats all we get. 2 minutes of water, then move on.

just remember, if you focus pain somewhere else, your initial pain will decrease, curl your toes hard and clench your fists diggin your nails into your palms after the spray to distract your pain receptors.

wrong link.

Well I'm not a Police Officer. I'm 23. No degrees, but I have lots of training in Firearms and Defensive Tactics. I'm not even gonna bullshit, the only reason I'm allowed to work there without degrees and prior experience is because I had multiple recommendations and they're short staffed.

lmao or just dont be a pussy. really, its not painful in the scale of how painful things can be.

Yeah we have to do a tactical course right after getting sprayed so that'll capture my attention for a bit. We have to beat up dummies using different techniques and weapons, then force our eyes open to disarm someone that'll have either a red or blue knife or gun.

true but some people are giant bitches when it comes to pain, and that actually works so thought id just remind is all.

Dude, people wont tell you, but I will... This is NOT bullshit. Get some DAWN dishwashing liquid. One of the little trial sized and take it with you. When they let you wash it off after it's over use the Dawn. OC is suspended in an oil. It is not water soluble and does not come off with water. Dawn "breaks up grease"... and oil. It will wash it off. Even out of your eyes. You wouldn't think it, but it feels good if the OC actually makes contact with your eyes to wash them with dish soap. (Medically retired cop here... done that shit way too many times. Learned the secrets) Dawn is your best friend on OC day.

Who gave you the recommendations and what did you during the ~5 years after high school?

I have baby shampoo already for that very reason, but ill get a bottle of Dawn too. Thanks for the info

2 Officers and a Lieutenant. Retail and server jobs, just trying to make it by. I dont have any family left so I worked a few jobs to make due.

Don't know if baby shampoo will break up the oil. I mean, I didn't believe it in the academy when they told us that dishsoap would feel good in the eyes... but when that OC gets in them, that burn is so bad that the Dawn is nothing.... AND, make sure that you are angled so that the run off does NOT run down your body. We had a guy angled so the shit ran down his stomach and to his ding ding.... She cried like a bitch.... His nuts swelled up. Kinda funny in hindsight

I'm wearing my BDUs with cheap jogging pants over them, so hopefully none will slip through. I've heard the horror stories