Religion

Which is better: Catholicism or Orthodoxy and why?
Also, which translation of the bible is the best?

Also, even disregarding religious values, what are your thoughts on the following:
>premarital sex
>birth control (condoms and plan b)
>abortion
>divorce
>euthanasia and assisted suicide
>LGBT and rights
>gay marriage
>death penalty
>evolution

Also, how many of the people in Sup Forums are actually atheists/agnostics?

Orthodoxy didn't take part in the crusades. Instead they were sucking Stalins cock.

pause, muhammed.

russians arent the only orthodoxy. not the real one at least

>Completely ignoring Coptic Orthodoxy.

>Polish diaspora
kek, fuck off polak.

To different fucking centuries in the same sentence, and Stalin, damn, no wonder canada is so fucking bad with you britbongs as the parent.

Soon there will be only one Orthodoxy

Orthodoxy is best, for evidence consider the current pope

>implying im polish

i didnt even know they were orthodox. john paul taught me they were all catholic

>>premarital sex
It's rape. Girl belongs to her father until he gives her to her husband.

>poles
>orthodox

American Education

Also, even disregarding religious values, what are your thoughts on the following:
>premarital sex
>abortion
>divorce
>LGBT and rights
>gay marriage
>death penalty
>evolution

Can someone answer this?

We are. Orthodox churches are in a really small minority.

>Also, which translation of the bible is the best?
I'm of the opinion that literal translations are the way to go. so NASB or NKJV

I already gave one but I guess can type up for the rest.
>birth control
Is no good, cunt should be constantly pregnant.
>abortion
Should be mandatory for downies and other fuckups.
>divorce
If man is tired of his wife and wants a new one he can divorce her by forcing her into a convent. But he can only do this twice.
Is good. You're in condition only "alive" because machines are performing your bodily functions you should be left in the woods to die with dignity.

Raised Protestant, considering converting to Catholicism/Orthodoxy, but I'm extremely apathetic after my experience in the church plus my own historical diggings.

> Premarital sex
Eh, I feel like people make a bigger deal out of it than it needs to be. So long as my partner hasn't had more than five or so partners, I doubt I would care.
> Birth control
I got a vasectomy
> Abortion
Used to be pro-choice, slowly moving towards pro-life barring cases where the mom is in danger. (Life is more important than Potential Life)
> Divorce
Bad for kids, sometimes necessary for abuse
> Euthanasia
Formerly pro-choice, slowly reconsidering pro-life
> LGBT
Used to wonder if I was gay, so I can empathize with them, but ultimately degenerate
> death penalty
Appropriate for child rapists, and serial killers
> Evolution
Happened. Maybe not how we think it did, maybe it did, but it's still the main reason to interpret Genesis allegorically (if the talking snake wasn't enough)

Agnostic here

>premarital sex
Fine as long as it's monogamous.
>birth control
All good.
>abortion
Personally hate it, but in extreme cases it's fine.
>divorce
Tough it out until the kid's 18. Marriage ain't about love, it's about raising a family.
As long as you have the patient's consent.
>LGBT rights
No equal rights for LGBTs. Gays don't bother me much but trannys are a problem.
>gay marriage
Against
>death penalty
Only for mentally ill murderers (the Dahmers and Gacys of the world)
>evolution
Keep it in the schools.

>So long as my partner hasn't had more than five or so partners, I doubt I would care.
So, if she's a slut who fucks around it's fine as long as she didn't get fucked by too many guys? If you're okay with her being a slut why does it matter how many guys fucked her?
>I got a vasectomy
Why didn't you just kill yourself? You're broken, mentally and now physically.
>Appropriate for child rapists
Seriously fuck off.

honestly catholic and orthodox arent all that different and i like many got too excited hoping the pope and patriarch meeting would end the schism and recreate the one church however it did not occur im catholic but consider orthodox to be cousins in a way just a little diffrent still better than any protestant and i have no comment on non christian beliefs or atheist

What are your views on abortion for instances of rape or incest?

Go for it. Honestly I don't give a shit about what other people do with their lives as long as they keep it to themselves.

The baby is still life though.

>for instances of rape
If she was unmarried the penalty for rape should be , in part, him being forced to marry her so no. But if she was married and raped and becomes pregnant from it it should be terminated. Her husband's not going to raise the bastard.
>incest
What kind?

Dude I don't care. It's not my baby. If I were a woman and was raped then yeah for sure I'd get the thing aborted. As for incest, I wouldn't even be in that situation in the first place.

Abortion is such a non-issue to me anyway.

How would you assume that the rapist will take an active role in eaising the child if they were forced to marry?

Also, I meant non-consensual incest

buddhism > catholicuck and orthocuck

>premarital sex

Fine as long as no children are conceived and you are intending to marry the person.

A must if there is un-monogamous sex
>abortion
same

>divorce
I understand people make poor choices and that people change. However people abuse it when the first problem asrises, but nothing you can really do about it.
A must for the leeches of society
>LGBT and rights
gays fine, but no public display of it, all others should be purged.
>gay marriage
gays must be monogamous, I dont know if this would increase that, but otherwise dont really mind either way.
>death penalty
Anyone kills another must be given the death penalty.
>evolution
Philosophy of the strong conquering the weak, my favorite bedtime story for me.

Catholic church is not christian, in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. Paul summarizes the gospel that he preached, and it is faith in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Period.

No priests; no church; no works; no sacraments.

>How would you assume that the rapist will take an active role in eaising the child if they were forced to marry
Because he has to. That's the whole point of having the shotgun wedding.
>non-consensual incest
I don't understand.

Eastern Catholic, best of both worlds.

1. Orthodoxy because no faggot pope and priests raping kids
2. Dunno. I've only read the English one.

>Fun
>An individual's choice
>Same as above
>Don't like it
>It's fucking gay
>Same as above
>Sounds killer
>It's real

P.S. I'm agnostic

But he could easily just be absent from raising the family. He has no actual obligation to stay with her.

As for non-consensual incest, basically rape

Marcionism is the correct answer.

>>premarital sex
Minor sin
>>birth control (condoms and plan b)
Moderate sin
>>abortion
Damnable sin
>>divorce
Not a sin unless you remarry/become an adulterer
>>euthanasia and assisted suicide
Murder
>>LGBT and rights
Degenerate but not sinful as long as they don't act. They can't be married, but should be treated as humans.
>>gay marriage
Cannot exist.
>>death penalty
The state has the authority but should choose not to exercise it.
>>evolution
The method God used to develop life on Earth.

>Orthodoxy didn't take part in the crusades
What is byzantium?

>premarital sex
Intercourse is forbidden. The backdoor and oral is ok tho.
>birth control
See above
>divorce
Unlawful
>assisted suicide
Its ok
>LGBT and rights
Should by no means be acceptable
>gay marriage
Absolutely detestable. Call it a civil union. Marriage is for a man and a woman.
>death penalty
Jesus got it so its ok
>evolution
Just a theory

>75716086
Premarital sex
>Go for it, God's a myth created by the rich to manipulate the poor

Birth control (condoms and plan b)
>Use it? Unless you'd like a child at 17

Abortion
>I'm yet to hear an argument against it that isn't ridiculous

Divorce
>It's needed, personally I think marriage in general is a poor misguided sexist tradition that should be removed from modern law. As should religion.

Euthanasia and assisted suicide
>I believe in most freedoms, I think there should be a process in place that involves the patient using anti-depresents for some time and possibly undertaking some psychotherapy. Ultimately, if the client cant be helped, and they have proven adamant about their choice. Then go for it, so long as they've settlers their assets first.

LGBT and rights
>People should be able to do whatever the fuck they want as long as it doesn't damage others unwillingly, go for it.

Gay marriage
>Not sure why such a flamboyant and proud group needs the verification of something like marriage, but whatever, let em' have it

Death penalty
>For it, but only in extreme cases (mass shooters etc.), It should be quick and painless, lethal injections have obviously proven to be a failure since Europe pulled out. The way us Australians kill cows is quite humane, they should adopt something similar to that.

Evolution
>What are you fucking retarded? it's real, and should be taught as fact in schools

How many of the people in Sup Forums are actually atheists/agnostic?
>I am

both should be equal... but the western orthodox church is being cucked by the pope

>premarital sex
should be discouraged
racially homogenous country with no immigration=should be encouraged otherwise, whites need more kids
>abortion
should be discouraged but not criminalised
>divorce
the value of marriage should be high, divorce is a plague killing marriage
let the fucks die already
>LGBT and rights
Who gives a fuck? Abolish all preferential treatment and live and let live
>gay marriage
no. Thye can have civil unions but no marriage, in fact only christians should be allowed to marry and only in a church, anything else is civil union
>death penalty
yes, saves money
>evolution
real

I'm agnostic. Here are my answersWhy did you greentext your answers?

I'm not sure, I regret it now

>Catholicism or Orthodoxy and why?

Catholicism because it is correct, but I have respect for both.

Latin Vulgate, technically, but the Douay Rheims isn't bad either.

>premarital sex

A poor idea generally and dangerous to promote to society.

Good intent with bad consequence.

>abortion

Morally wrong and destructive.

>divorce

A downright shitty idea.

A downright shitty idea.

>LGBT and rights

Too many groups to speak of succinctly.

>gay marriage

The result of a lot of other stupid ideas.

>death penalty

Needless nowadays.

>evolution

Neat.

Dont know much about current catholics, but ortodox goes full retarded even more than it used to.
>premarital sex
Why not, if someone wants to be a slut, who am I to stop it?
Yes only, He have enough of biotrash to make even more.
>abortion
Same as above.
>divorce
Well, yes, cause it is better than unhappy family.
Yes, if a man wants to die, let him die.
>LGBT and rights
Noone should care, just dont show off with this shit.
>gay marriage
Same as above.
>death penalty
Kinda tricky, some stuff should be punished with death, but current system can make a mistake.
>evolution
It is true, got evidence (and no better options anyway).

Sins of the father. Unjust and cruel punishment of the innocent. Condemned

>Saying any religion is correct
Why is it correct? What separates from any of the other thousands of religions that people share an equal if not greater faith in? What makes you so sure and uncritical of your religion? What Bible do you follow, or more specifically, what aspects? How can any version of the Bible be taken as an absolute, it's literally the translated mess of a couple of goat fuckers? Have you read the Bible? Do you wear clothes made of more than one material, do you believe you should be banished to hell for it? Why do you wear a seatbelt, if your faith leaves you no concern for death?

I'm assuming he's saying catholicism is correct because it was there first. Which makes me wonder why he isn't a jew

Both cucked jew loving disgusting degenerates

Orthodoxy is slightly less cucked tho

>>premarital sex
Against it.
>>birth control (condoms and plan b)
Against it.
>>abortion
Against it.
>>divorce
For it, but it shouldn't be encouraged, especially in relationships that have produced offspring.
>>euthanasia and assisted suicide
Against it.
>>LGBT and rights
Don't care what you want to fuck however I am against trannies because it's pure pseudo science shit that makes society less intelligent.
>>gay marriage
Against it because I don't think the govt should encourage relationships with no offspring. I think we should have a system where adults living together have visitation rights though because I think gay couples deserve to see their partners in the hospital and it's something I've personally seen my family members be affected by.
>>death penalty
For it.
>>evolution
I believe in it.

>premarital sex
I'm choosing to wait, but I wouldn't enforce it on other Christian couples, as long as it isn't flaunted
condoms, the pill, but never plan b are a neccesity, if you think Onan is about spilling seed you have to get your priorities straight
>abortion
1st trimester and early second are fine, anything after is murder. A Woman's body is her right, but no Christian should take part
>divorce
an unfortunately neccesary antidote for abuse
for it, to many die in pain, or go schizophrenic and further from god with no hope
>LGBT and rights
give them rights, I'll focus on the Kingdom
>gay marriage
Let them. My marriage will be before God, fuck what the state thinks
>death penalty
I can not bid the taking of a life but to spare one
>evolution
yes, although the interpretation of these facts is prone to degenerates like Tyson and Dawkins and Krause

Orthocuck is heresy. You can't be Catholic and respect a false religion

There's quite a lot here so I hope you don't mind if I respond individually to each part.

>Why is it correct?

Because it's doctrine upholds correct positions, what the fuck do you think that's supposed to mean.

> What separates from any of the other thousands of religions that people share an equal if not greater faith in?

The point made earlier, which the others will falter in in various ways.

>What makes you so sure and uncritical of your religion?

Take notice to what you're doing here. I'm speaking with confidence and you're assuming I've been uncritical of my religion. I'm not uncritical at all. I've gotten to the point that I can accept it as true through my own research.

>What Bible do you follow, or more specifically, what aspects?

"What Bible"? Any Catholic Bible, man. Catholics (and likewise all of Apostolic Christianity) understand the Bible to be a collection of books with different genres, structures, and histories with all Apostolic Christianity pretty much agreeing on how the texts should be understood (with exception of a few passages).

>How can any version of the Bible....

Depends on what you mean by an absolute. The Bible is a hard read and I do not intend to defend Sola Scriptura or its interpretations but I would still understand it as inspired. While valuable for inspiration and teaching, I would say there is more than enough historical work to preserve the teachings of the church and understand the scholarship and preservation of scripture to be of high quality within the Catholic Church.

>Have you read the Bible?

I have.

>Do you wear...

Why would I believe such things? What you're quoting (Leviticus 19:19) is part of the law that Paul expounds as part of a completed covenant. The Bible has the explicit ending of the Levitical priesthood in Hebrews 7.

You're coming at me with a very Evangelical grasp of the Bible

>Why do you wear...

Because nobody but modern Evangelicals support prosperity gospel.

Anything else?

This user is incorrect.

Of course I can. What heresies there are are largely ecclesiastical and what little theological issues exist are hardly room to lose full respect over. They are still largely correct.

>ded

k

Bump

Love me my TJB

bump

At the moment there is only one Orthodoxy.

>which Translation of the Bible is the best?

Douay Rheims, New Jerusalem Bible, New American Bible for newfags

They are indeed a small majority and will remain so until you go over and talk to the Priest and go to the services. And as more and more do this, it will be a full church that will continue to grow.

Byzantium is the style that Orthodox Church is laid out in. The fall of Rome moved the center of the church to Constantinople. The center of Byzantine culture and church. With the fall of constantinople, the last Byzantine princess married a Russian Orthodox and the center of the Orthodox church was moved to Moscow. But the different districts still all get together and make sure things are done right. Very smart priest and monks running the show.

The Pope has no say over the Orthodox church. The church of Rome broke off from the Orthodox church and then wanted to come back with a little more power then it had when it left. The other councils decided that was not going that power play so now we have the church of rome

Catholicism is a split for the Orthodox church. Around 1054

You have to remember that the Catholic church was part of the Orthodox council until they wanted a little to much power.

Catholicism used to be the best, until the 60's, when the Vatican II, now it is a hole filled with jews, freemasons and pedophiles, you must search for the groups that refused to follow this heresy

>premarital sex

Usually immoral but not diabolical, it's something that just happens, it's "okay" I guess

No, the only porpoise of sex should be procreation, of course a married couple can have a little "fun", but they have to attend to the consequences

>abortion

Only if the woman's life is threatened then she'll have the choice, save the baby or save herself

>divorce

Harmful for the children and for the couple, it should be penalized with a high mulct

Degenerate, if a person wants to die you should help him recover, that's why psychologists exist

>LGBT and rights

Normalized fetishes

>gay marriage

assault against children and society, the greatest perversion of our time

>death penalty

If the person has committed a very atrocious crime you must give him life imprisonment, IF he dares to escape and is recaptured he has to die

>evolution

Bible must be interpreted, it's not literal, evolution actually fits perfectly with the genesis if you know how to make the connections

I'm not very versed on Catholicism, what's up with Vatican II?

>premarital sex
Okay until marriage becomes a desirable thing
All should be banned. I believe in an organic society. Condoms and birth control have eliminated the natural consequences that you suffer for being a sexual deviant. Infected degenerates need to infect other degenerates so they can die off.
>abortion
It's fucked up to abort a child but I don't really care when someone does it
>divorce
Should be difficult
Banned
>LGBT and rights
Allowed
>gay marriage
Allowed
>death penalty
Allowed after a reformation. It's too expensive at the moment
>evolution
Evolving is banned. We need to stick to our roots and live organically.

>Only if the woman's life is threatened then she'll have the choice, save the baby or save herself
Also, what about if it's a rape baby?

The "Catholic church" today is actually not the catholic church at all... but a judeo/masonic anti-Church infiltration who blocked the true Pope Gregory XVII (Joseph cardinal Siri) from executing his lawful office as Pope, on 26 october 1958. Two days later on 28 october an elected antipope intruder of masonic signature entered the balcony and presented himself as "Pope" John XXIII... From that moment on the Church collapsed, the modernist and illegal Vatican II council was opened and it is this false, evil, Masonic Church agenda. The real pope of the catholic church is H.H. Gregory XVIII today, he is the living successor to Pope Gregory XVII who died on 2th may 1989 of poisoning. The Vatican was taken over and systematically dominated by the hardcore left communist Secretariat to Promote Christian Unity... which turned the focus to uniting with world religions for the benefit of the New World Order. in 1967, Cardinal Villot revealed to the Jewish Parisian Lodge (Masonic) that he had successfully changed the role of the papacy from rulings on faith and morality, to following the regular policies of the Masons who work with the communists. So it is a smokescreen and a cover that it is the "Vatican" pushing world government, when it has been successfully infiltrated and compromised...

The Jesuit Order in its founding was very much Jewish. All five of its founding members were Marrano Jews
(i.e. Jews masquerading as Christians).
Ignatius Loyola - Founder of the Jesuit Order (Jewish)
Alfonso Salmeron - Jewish
Diego Lainez - Jewish
Nicolas Bodadilla - Jewish
Simao Rodriguez – Jewish

Have the baby and give it into adoption, the creature doesn't have any guilt on what his father did to his mother, he deserves a chance in life, even if his life isn't that good, he deserves a chance