HT
TH

1/3

>/thread

haha

>at least one of them landed heads
= you can ignore 1 coin because you ignore all flips where it landed tails

3 options out of 4 possible outcomes so 75%

Maybe I am retarded or Op needs to be more specific, but it's either 50% assuming one coin already landed and you're basically just flipping one coin or 1/3 like said.

my mom said you are wrong. so there!

Grow a brain

1/2

>all of you are fucking retarded

Easy 67%

50vs50 becous a coin have to sides

1/8, or 12.5%

This

Better question: if you were shrunken down and swallowed by a horse, would you be digested?

1 in 8 chance of that happening , so maybe

KEK you got me with that one.. damm you!

a classic. Its 1/3

see en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_or_Girl_paradox

no horses are herbs

1/2: either it happens or not.

50%.

One of the coins is given to be heads. This cuts the question to just the second coin, which has a 50% chance of either way.

50/50. Same chance that OP is a fucking faggot

It's 50% not less.

H H
or
T H

OP is a fag 0 chance of change so you cant use that as a factor

First coin could be tails retard

HH
HT
TH

1/3

Is it illegal to gamble online with buttcoin?

Change choice

100%, you already stated they both landed on heads
Learn to English

First pick has a 1 in 4 chance, but if you switch it becomes 1 in 3.

If you toss them separately, and the first one was heads, then the probability of the second one also being heads (when it landed) would be 0.5 ;

If you tossed them off separately, and the first one was obscured from your view, then you observed (and thus already knew) that the second one was heads, then the probability that the obscured one was also heads is either 1.0, or 0.0 , dependent upon which way up it had already landed ; but statistically, if the experiment were to be repeated indefinitely, then the ratio of H/T would gradually tend towards 0.5 . If you want to say that that is equivalent to a probability
(p) = 0.5 ; then I can't be bothered arguing with you, because we would be splitting hairs based on semantics.

If you flip both coins simultaneously, with both obscured from my view, then tell me (honestly) that AT LEAST least one of the coins has landed Heads up,
then: the probability of the other one being Heads is either 1.0 or 0.0 , dependent upon how it has (already) landed ;
but in the long run, if the experiment was repeated indefinitely, then the ratio of H/T for the other coin would tend towards 1/3 .
If you want to assert that this is equivalent to a probability :
(p) = 0.333...... ;
then, again, I cannot be bothered arguing with you over the semantics.

Probability of one landing heads is 1/2. The probability of both landing heads is the probability of both coins multiplied by each other: 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4.

The probability of landing heads provided that one of them has already landed heads is

1/2 * 1/2
=======
1/2

1/4
=== = 1/2
1/2

50/50

They either do or they don’t. 50/50 chance

Either the Sun goes supernova tomorrow, or it doesn't.

50/50

cant argue with the maths

Exactly

for n many coins | n >= 1
bring your possibilities into a binary matrix:

a1: 1 1 1 ... 1 true
a2: 0 1 1 ... 1 false
a3: 0 0 1 ... 1 does not count
an: 0 0 0 ... 0 does not count

a1 is the only possible correct result
a2 is the only possible false result
but the 0 in a2 can be at any place within the vector -> there are n many a2s

there are n+1 possible results.
for a true outcome the chance is 1/(n+1)

with n=2:
1/3

> " Either the Sun goes supernova tomorrow, or it doesn't. " ;

It is always "today" in my experience, and (just like an impotent man) :

..... tomorrow never comes.

i'm actually writing an exam on proving math-thingies next week so i appreciate this math problem.

50/50 says tomorrow does come

Robert Paulson

No cause it is not specified which one lands tails.
You are describing the chance of both being heads given that THE FIRST ONE is heads.
This illustration explains it perfectly:

Yeah but there’s a 50/50 chance it’s gonna be the one the guy thought it would be

First ROUND has 1/4 chance.
Second round has 1/3 chance for any door so sticking with A gives equal chance to switching to C or D.
The change of choosing correctly doesn't depend on wether you switch or not, it depends on what the opened door contains.

this

You can also cancel out the bottom left cause you know the first coin is heads.

Oh look it's this thread again.

It’s 50/50 of which coin will be the definite heads

there's a high probability that at least one of them landed heads

How about retards like you get some coins and start flipping.
Flip both and note the results.
Possible results are 2x heads, heads and tails, and 2x tails.
Repeat 100 times, calculate the proportion of 2x heads to the amount of flips minus the 2x tails flips and you'll see that 1/3 of the flips are 2x heads.

"At least one" does not mean "the first one".

There is literally no difference between HT and TH.

each coin being flipped and observing a result is a statistically independent event that does not effect the other.

HT is absolutely different than TH

Still 50/50 my friend, ether will be or won’t be

ITT: Fucking retards who don't understand 3rd grade probability.

> " 50/50 says tomorrow does come " ;

..... except that, whenever "tomorrow" comes, "today" weasels itself away into "yesterday" and "tomorrow" (being the faggot that it always has been) immediately "comes out of the closet" and asserts itself as yet another todayfag.

I think you mean 50/50 probability

50/50 chance you’re wearing a fedora

kek

if a coin is always gonna land on heads, then what's the use of flipping it? The result is always gonna be the same. Might as well flip only the second coin.and the second coin has a 50% chance.

50% chance it’s on your head
50% chance it’s next to your battlestation

Busy with STM I see?

I know reading comprehension is hard for most of you faggots so I'm going to make this clear.

The first flip is always heads.
The next flip has a 50% chance of being heads or tails.

So 50% is the answer.

Not fucking hard.

Aight retards, time to flip some coins. I'll diregard the tosses where they both land tails. brb in 10 mins.

1/2
Sup Forums used to be smart

Jesus Christ, how fucking autistic are you? Your program's results don't mean shit if you don't understand what you're trying to program. Fucking monkeys in Africa could figure this one out before you.

Just flipped 2 coins 25 times, managed to get 9 where both were heads, and 16 with only one head.

But he's right, at lest one heads vs both heads. Go back to nigeria you dumb nignog.

So 36% of the time it worked 100% of the time

1+1=?

How smart is Sup Forums?

>basic statistics
given infinite flips the limit approaches 33%, do you even statistics you gigantic faggot?

Using a penny and a quarter shows that you're wrong and retarded.

1+1=¿

Except that it’s still 50/50 as stated earlier
50% chance it’s both heads
50% chance it’s one or no heads

It's not "the probability of both being heads, after the first one lands on head"
It's "the coin both are flipped, someone tells you one of them is heads, what is the probability that both are heads ?

> " 50/50 chance you’re wearing a fedora " ;

..... either I am, or I am not, if you think that's 50/50, put your money on the table,

..... but I must advise you that I have never owned .....
( nor rented, ( nor stolen, (nor borrowed)))
..... a fedora in my life.

Quote (me) :

> 50/50 says you are a failing member of "Gamblers' Anonymous", and the "Betty Ford Foundation".

50/50
it is or it ain’t

>The first flip is always heads.

Retard.

Not really. Note the question states that 'TWO coins were flipped' - not 'one coin was kept static on heads, and the other was flipped'.

Read the question.

see:

Betty Ford makes good cakes. What’s wrong with that?

He's right you dumb nigger

It's 1/3

Fuck. It's 1/3.

Most of you saying that it's 50% are only considering the the FIRST coin came up heads, and that the next flip will decide if both coins are heads up. The problem does NOT say that the first flip came up heads. It merely states that "one of them" landed on heads...meaning that you don't know which one.

Plus, the problem says that both coins were flipped, not that one was flipped and we're trying to figure out the odds after the first flip.

Plus 1st grade ready comprehension. Sup Forums needs to go back to fucking elementary school, it only remembers fucking traps and weeb anime.

One coin (maybe first maybe second) will definitely be heads as stated at the start. So
50/50
It either is or it isn’t
50/50

50/50 chance it is the first one

No, because both coins are flipped - it's just one is known to be heads, you just dont know which one it is.

There’s nothing wrong with my ready comprehension

>One coin (maybe first maybe second) will definitely be heads
OK so following your logic..

HT
TH
HH

1/3 is HH.

How many times did your mother leave you alone eating glue and paint while she got gangbanged by a bunch of illegal immigrants? You're so fucking stupid, it must have been everyday for like 27 years.

>maybe first maybe second
Exactly, those are two separate outcomes.
The only remaining outcome is if both are heads, hence the 1/3 (33%).

Yeah so it’s 50/50
There’s a chance it will be both heads. There’s a chance it won’t be. It either IS or it ISN’T
Ergo
50/50
IS/ISN’T

see

No, C1 is always H, therefore only variable is C2
possibilities are
H H
H T
so 50/50