>alienate half of your viewer base
>constant pandering doesn't move the needle on the other half

"P...politics has nothing to do with our freefalling ratings, bakas!"

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/tv/news/espn-sports-talent-rivals-1202406887/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

perhaps they have integrity

Fuck Trumpcucks

Fuck Drumpf and fuck all of his supporters.

most people liberal or conservative dont want politics with their sports high lights

ive seen ESPN shows covering the same topics as politico practically

Funny how repubs always throw the word triggered and snowflake around but yet they get offended at every little thing

Have people put these questions of politics to ESPN management? Have they responded?

Which is retarded because politics have always been apart of sports from championship teams visiting the white house, when the MLB/NBA allowed integration and adding the star spangled banner in before every game. People just don't like it when it goes against what they like

Yea, no, no, we don't.
We can tell when a political agenda is being run though

If ESPN is about integrity then why are they shilling for trans people and racial shit?

LOL these unemployed, uneducated, soon-to-be-uninsured, destitute Donald Trump-dickriding snowflakes can't handle politics on dat dem der sports channel.

Man up, Cletus.

One day the EBTs will run dry
Who do you think survives when the welfare state ends?

Getting shilly in .....

Nah, your perception of what is unbiased media is so skewed from everything having a liberal bent. What Fox News probably is to you is what every single other channel is to us.

because they care about trans people and racial shit? i don't know.

Butthurt Trumpcucks ITT

I'm pretty liberal, especially when it comes to social issues, but when ESPN has a 50/50 split on politics and actual sports coverage something is wrong. I only watch games on their channels now.

oh yeah that's how companies are run, on feelings

>3 hour trip to the WH started in the 1980s is the same as ESPN being political 365 days a year
wew

laid off ESPN employee detected

The Bruce Jenner Award will be seen as the moment of implosion when they do the inevitable retrospective and ask "what went wrong?"

You may have missed my point. Caring about trans and race shit does not demonstrate integrity. It demonstrates pandering to the loudest common denominator in society.

you are on par with "pls watch my league" guy

well a less funny version

>caring about trans and race shit does not demonstrate integrity.
of course it does, if they actually care for it, and not doing it just to pander (which obviously isn't working anyway).

>if you dont like it leave!
ok
>ratings tumble, earnings tumble, hundreds lose their jobs

variety.com/2017/tv/news/espn-sports-talent-rivals-1202406887/

luckily they may get rehired at other networks (that apparently are not in massive decline)

I think you're wrong. Sports have always had a ton of racial politics, etc. behind them. Look integration of baseball, emergence of player unions, Berlin Olympics (or any Olympics), and all that.

>laid off

Still employed actually. Disney pays well. :^)

Are you suggesting that those issues bear inherent integrity, or are you suggesting that a company standing by its principles, right or wrong, is integrity. I would agree with the latter, I would dispute the former.

>firing Jade and Jaymee together

ESPN deserves to die

back in reality ESPN is crashing and burning

laying off hundreds

>you
>employed

the latter, which issues specifically is irrelevant. it's possible.

haha omg so true bro xd ;^)))

#fuckdrumph #yolo

sent from my iPhone

Whatever makes you feel good, Trumpcuck.

Cant criticize Trump a bit because his supporters start to have a mental meltdown lol, sad!

Why are there so many minorities in Toronto?

That's fair I suppose.

The cuts didn't come from falling ratings, you autistic mongoloid. They came from the fact that tons of cord-cutters made them lose millions of dollars to pay for those huge sport contracts they already paid for

Believe me, Trump voter, if ESPN was Fox News or Breitbart-level republican pandering, it wouldn't make people keep their cable subscriptions to keep watching it, you fucking retard.

>bakas

>"P...politics has nothing to do with our freefalling ratings, bakas!"
It doesn't my dad is one of those huge HuffPoo reading nu-males and he won't watch Sports Center anymore because "it's boring"

No one wants to have interviews with Mark Wahlberg or whatever rapper flavor of the month that's why they're firing people.

This.

Fox is not "crazy and conservative", Fox has a slant to the right. It is absolutely no different than CNN who has a slant to the left. Then there's MSNBC which is very far slanted to the left. The greatest trick that the leftist media pulled was making you all believe that they are centrist.

Screencap this for history's sake. I actually heard from the radio an interesting theory as to why je!spn has gone full retard left. As we all know they are owned by the parent company jabc who is owned by jdisney and the jceo is bob iger.

Why is this important? Because the story broke through """"""""""highly connected sources""""""""""" that allegedly he is going to run for president in the next election through the liberal party. His plan is essentially going to be the anti trump card, he is going to try and be everything trump was but for the left. And part of his strategy is going to be the storyline that he has opened up many doors for colored and minority folk.

>look at what I have done for minorities
>I have provided more opportunities for them than anybody else
>I have made jespn an inclusive working environment

He is essentially tanking them in hopes of getting the first overall pick in the presbowl. You have been warned

How exciting. Trump is going to lose to his arch nemesis in 2020

wow, this post has hating jews AND calling black people "coloreds"

you truly are an angry, angsty little 19 year old from the suburbs arent you

triggered

this is Sup Forums cupcake, sometimes people say nasty things

Curt Schilling is a lunatic though

Let me tell you I have many many friends in media. We know alot of things about the Sup Forums. It's a sham I know it, you all know it. Selling this site to the Japanese was a terrible terrible deal. Sad!

What is drumpf. I see that a lot and dont get it

trump is an excellent drummer in his band "another brick in the wall". drumpf is an affectionate nickname for him given by his bandmates

the "pf" part is because the bassist has an unfortunate speech impediment

>Sample size: 20

t.Nate Silver

At the moment, Trump can be likened to cartoonish ‘bad guy’, a racist, irrational, egocentric, intolerant, capitalist, patriarchal, misogynistic, incompetent tyrant who needs to be removed from power right away. Trump is the common enemy around which the nation’s youth can be rallied against. It is almost as if Trump is playing a role to “make the elite’s agenda cool again”. The elite’s motto is “Order after chaos”. Trump is the “chaos”. The elite’s agenda is the “order” to fix it.

Believe it or not, Trump’s election was the best thing that could happen to the elite’s agenda and the entire mass media system supporting it. In the past years, traditional media (including news and entertainment) was growing stale and losing influence. Trump’s election deeply re-energized this entire system by giving it a new sense of purpose. The elite’s agenda can now be presented as the solution to defeat Trump who is #notmypresident.

It can now be associated with revolt and rebellion, two things that young people find appealing. The Agenda is now “fighting the power” and its message to the youth this year is “resist”.

We are in an interesting time in History. Revolutionary vocabulary is used against Trump, a temporary visitor of the White House and is threatened with riots. Meanwhile, the true elite, which remains in power no matter who is President, is untouched. It is the invisible puppet master pulling the strings behind the scenes.