Ok honestly...

ok honestly, give me one good reason why i should by a raw uncooked ribeye/porterhouse steak for $40-$60 when i can just go to outback, get a 24 oz ribeye or porterhouse, two large sides, a large drink, and a piece of bread for $27?

im legit curious to why people are overspending that much money for one cut of raw steak...

Other urls found in this thread:

dartagnan.com/japanese-wagyu-beef-boneless-striploin-a5-grade/product/FBWSL029.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4fr7qM7i2AIVhTJpCh2XsgLUEAQYASABEgK87fD_BwE
omahasteaks.com/buy/Steaks/Strip-Steaks
toprestaurantprices.com/peter-luger-prices/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_aging
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My dad buys them because he has a special marinade that he makes himself.

outback food sucks

>$40-$60
Nigga, are you ordering vintage Trump Steaks off eBay or something?

>im legit curious to why people are overspending that much money for one cut of raw steak...

the food service industry wouldn't exist without stupid lazy fucks blowing most of their paycheck on overpriced reheated sysco foods

>why i should by a raw uncooked ribeye/porterhouse steak for $40-$60
Because that's 3 to 5 servings at that price.

google bone in ribeye and check the prices for a non walmart/sams club brand 24 oz bone in ribeye u retard.

its 24 oz, thats one serving kid.

I get local Wagyu ribeye from my butcher for less than that, and I live in an expensive city. You must be the retarded one here.

litterally impossible to get wagyu for less than $30. stop fucking lying or post your receipt.

>implying $27 is a good deal

Outback is GARBAGE, you shill cunt

cote de boeuf is £1/oz here and that would be a really high end one from a ripoff palace.

because when your a fucking doctor your supposed to ball out

gratz, you paid for 10oz kids meal steaks. OP is talking about 24oz.

>when i can just go to outback, get a 24 oz ribeye
That'll be a pretty shitty steak, my man.

because outback is a shit hole restaurant

wagyu is overrated

Let me run there real quit to prove a random delusional faggot on the internet wrong. Keep the thread bumped while I'm gone.

No, butchers cut shit however you want. Sometimes you have to give them a little notice though.

the point is its a better deal than buying a single cut of steak for $40 dollars with no additional side items or even a damn glass of lemonade... the steak quality will literally be the same as outback. all you are doing is putting salt and pepper on it for fucks sake.

For fat fucks
10oz of steak is plenty

dartagnan.com/japanese-wagyu-beef-boneless-striploin-a5-grade/product/FBWSL029.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4fr7qM7i2AIVhTJpCh2XsgLUEAQYASABEgK87fD_BwE

Because I like good food.

he isnt delusional. Wagyu is expensive. 40 is average. you were either lied to your face and couldn't tell the difference because you are retarded or you are lying yourself.

probably both.

Outback can't cook steak to save their lives. I want actual seared meat

yeah it's a better deal, in the same way cutting off one testicle is better than cutting off both

do yourself a favor and stop wasting money on eating garbage fast food (yeah, sitdown places like Chilis and Outback are still considered fast food)

You've obviously never cooked steak faggot

You mad that mommy won't make you some tendies cause she can get them cheaper at McDs?

nigga is that a hunk of fat

Whole Foods butcher here.

Bone in ribeyes are currently $11.99 a pound. So, $18 for 24oz.

idk what you guys are talking about. outback serves pretty good steak in my area. cant say the same for there wings and ribs. as far as ribs are concerned shanes is by far the better choice.

>$0.50 has been deposited in to your account

Yeah, no.. I get a ribeye/porterhouse steak from my local butcher for 14$. Idk where you’re looking at but god damn..

You know it comes in different grades, which increases in price with the amount of marbling? Amazing that you guys can Google this, but not OP's original claim to see he's a lying faggot.

$40-$60 bucks will get you a much more high quality and larger steak than a little 24oz.

>(yeah, sitdown places like Chilis and Outback are still considered fast food)

look out guys, we have a hard ass griller over here. stop being retarded and acting as if outback actually does anything different than salt and peppering a raw cut of meat, the same shit you will do with your $120 cut kobe. stupid mother fuckers.

just to clarify to all of the mouth breather poor slobs.
I buy all kinds of beef, from Walmart to Allen Brothers.
there is a HUGE difference between them.
a 10 bit steak is just that, and a 80 dollar steak is that much better. but if you don have a pallet that is developed, then stick to the cheep stuff.

also, you can never get the same results in your home then in a commercial kitchen. your oven will only het up to 550F, a commercial broiler will get to 1500F. thats what makes the difference in flavor when cooking a good piece of meat.

it is :-D. thats where the flavor is !!

Outback steaks look like pic related every time I have had them

still only choice... but the dry aged is ok.

>ribeye/porterhouse
>$40-$60
Well, firstly, you're a stupid cunt who can't figure out how to price meat correctly. A good ribeye, porterhouse, or NY strip should never go above $25 unless you're in jew york or commiefornia. In which case, find a local butcher selling cheaper.

>i can just go to outback, get a 24 oz ribeye or porterhouse, two large sides, a large drink, and a piece of bread for $27?
Because, you lazy fuck, it's always better when you prepare it yourself--because you do it exactly how you want it with fresh ingredients.

t. guy who grills his own steaks weekly.
I never pay more than $25 for a pack of two BIG steaks.

OP is dumb as fuck

why is Sup Forums full of fucking hipsters and anti meta fags? there is literally nothing wrong with outback as long as the cooks working there arnt complete retards and know how to cook a steak to perfect rarity.

steak should only be ate well done haha

their steak is shite

And with lots of ketchup.

Dat's purty

angry guy, meat is graded by its quality. you can get a prime steak online from Omaha steak. poor quality, but better prices

omahasteaks.com/buy/Steaks/Strip-Steaks

>as long as the cooks working there arnt complete retards and know how to cook a steak to perfect rarity.

>putting a steak on a 1500f broiler.

no kiddo, just no. you can get better results on your grill than in a commercial kitchen 100% of the time as long as you are not a fucking monkey. those broilers cook food too fast and doesnt allow for flavor to fully fuze with the food. slower cooks on lower heat is always better.

We're all delusional faggots, but you're a wrong and stupid delusional faggot

>i want sexy grill marks on my steak. dont care about taste.

found the autist.

I live in ny and get ribeye beauties for $7/lb if on sale, $12-13 normal, and it is better than any outback steak I have ever had

Fuck me, posted without checking.

>as long as the cooks working there arnt complete retards and know how to cook a steak to perfect rarity.
As long as they aren't niggers, you mean?
Hate to break it to you, but niggers typically work in food service.

>good quality
>good price
Not impossible to find here.

I've never had a properly browned steak from outback
>doesn't know what a maillard reaction is

>paying $30 for less than $10 worth of food

get jewed, goy

if you are buying steak for less than $25 you are buying shit and poor quality steak. PERIOD. this fucking means that you are no better than the outback chefs you fucking idiot. why do people not get this? if you are buying $14 fucking shit quality steaks just go to outback and you will atleast step up the quality of meat you are eating you retards.

You probably just live in a poor market that ends up losing $ on it due to waste. It sells out daily where I live.

Because murder costs money

>for less than $10 worth of food
You think Schlomo spends $10 on that dog meat?
Try $2 worth of food.

Worked in food service for a time. Nothing on the menu is ever worth more than $5.

>PAYING MORE MEANS IT'S BETTER QUALITY
Yeah, sure, you keep thinking that. I'll keep enjoying my amazing cuts of steak, grilled/smoked to medium rare perfection over apple wood chips and mesquite charcoal.
inb4 propane fags honk holl.

sorry to disagree my friend, you also have to dry your meat too. that is a huge hidden problem with all mass sold meat. it is "wet" aged"... WTF is that , oh , a made up term by the meat industry. its cheaper to sell you water then meat.
when meat is wet and you cooking it( cooking is the use of heat to evaporate water) it steams and make the meat rubbery.
when ,meat is dry(er) there is less water, mostly just the beef and fat. the fat is what give the meat flavor and when it rendered it help make a seal , to keep it the natural juices.
the faster your cook the meat, the more the natural juice remain in the cut.
you only cook meats slow that are of a lesser quality cut that have more connective tissue . slow cooking breaks down that tough part and makes it softer over time. slow is for stew and cuts that do more work, like butts and legs.

Look how mad people get on Sup Forums. Over nothing. This man is so mad its hilarious. Watch as he accuses me of something that isnt true riiiiight now.

you have never working in fine dinning then...

>PAYING MORE MEANS IT'S BETTER QUALITY

it literally does when it comes to steak. this is because of better marbling mostly. the more marbling the more flavor and tenderness you will get out of your steak. shitty $14 steak or cheaper will almost ALWAYS have shit marbling.

how are you this retarded if you grill every week? Wait, dont answer that. its because you are a Walmart griller. i understand.

>implying the ribeye at outback isn't walmart/sams club brand

I will give you that dry aging is a thing of beauty but there is plenty of quality wet meat out there for $9-12/# You simply have to know how to read meat.

BTW, BEST STEAKHOUSE IN THE US

How much is a steak at Peter Luger?
Luger usually averages around (or a little more than) $100 per person. Luger's dinner usually runs anywhere from $85 to $100 a person after tax and tip. Appetizer: Bacon (this is a MUST)!

toprestaurantprices.com/peter-luger-prices/

Motherfucker do you think that outback is paying 40-60 dollars for your porterhouse? Hell no, they are buying the cheap mass produced shit. You seem to have an aversion to buying the sam's club brand when outback's quality is surely worse. The reason you think outback tastes good is because you have a shit palette and they salt the fuck out of their steak.

I slow cook/smoke all of mine at around 300-350. Takes about 20 minutes on the grill and it comes out amazingly tender.

That was AT a 'fine dining' restaurant.

>blah blah marbling blah
>blah blah walmart blah
Go back to chewing your fat, you disgusting fuck. I cut that shit right the fuck off.
Enjoy your hardened arteries and high cholesterol.

fuck off shill

>Pound and a half
>$60
>$Paying $40 per pound for steak

TOP FUCKING KEK

Not with good quality steak, dickwad. You need to trap the juice inside to trap the flavour. The Maillard reaction and caramelization of the outside is what most people like about steak.

if we are getting into dry aging then thats just going to increase the price even more... Why would you people pay upwards of $80 for a hunk of meat that wont last 30 mins?

Cлaвa paceи

>I cut that shit right the fuck off.

Why aren't you getting your steaks locally, somewhere that either does this for you or sells them fresh (within days of slaughter) and then doing it yourself?

i do, was a chef for too long , manager of fine dinning steakhouse even longer, retired old fag now :-p
most comments here are based on a lack of information due to an obvious lack of real experience eating good food.

good food is a very pricey thing and most do NOT have the access to it nor do they have the means to quire it...

outback SMH

Also forgot, you need to cook a steak on room temp and rest it a few minuted after cooking it to get tender results.

Yeah, the big strips of shit? Cut out.

No shit, when people say marbling they are referring to intramuscular fat

>chewing your fat

the fat is melted and rendered out during the cooking process you fucking mouth breather. Jesus, fucking take a picture of your grill or post what kind you have. you cant be this stupid about food.

ok ya, this guy is trolling. 3/10

LOl look how mad you are. Write this post down and read it to yourself later. You wont be proud of it.

its really good, im not even trying to troll you . by far the best i have ever had. i have traveled to many places in the us and Europa, its the best.

90% fat

Because the quality of the cut matters.

local or not, its always going to be expensive for a dry age steak. especially one with good marbling.

you retards know nothing about food

I find it hard to believe that you managed a fine "dinning" steakhouse when you can't spell the word dining correctly. Twice. You aren't fooling anyone.

My biggest problem with Outback is how heavily they overseason their food. I want to eat a STEAK, not a beef flavored salt lick!

Hell, I get a good cut of meat and cook the motherfucker by itself. No spices, no marinades, no fucking rubs, nothing.

END RESULT: delicious steak, grilled potato, cold beer.

Implying you don't live off the tendies your mommy brings down to the basement for you.

the dry age process doesnt just reduce the water content, but it also grows a bacteria like the way cheese is fermented or pickles are made and it adds a great a flavor.
read more here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beef_aging

I'm a butcher at Whole Foods, it's not 40-60$ For a porterhouse even there so fuck off

Outback can't cook a steak they hire anyone who walks through the door that's why

fuck off faggots. my out back serves solid 8/10 steaks. sure they jew up the price, but its still decent steak.

take a cute asian girl there, fill her belly, and ull be fucking the same night guaranteed. every time. take it from me, i should know.

typing very fast before this thread is nuked

That's why I only suck old man cock.

>24 oz
>1 serving
HAHAHAHA YOURE A FAT FUCK

you also have to cut that shit off if you are dry aging manually yourself.

outback steaks and food are shite

we just jumped the shark with that post...
l8r