SAW THE MOVIE IT IS ACTUAL KINO. GET HYPED

SAW THE MOVIE IT IS ACTUAL KINO. GET HYPED.

>capeshit
>kino

No. Reply or mom dies tonight

>kino
>capeshit

Yeah, okay.

>he doesn't know about capekino

It's not bad. Good performances, good characters OK story. Cool visuals. Could've taken itself a bit more seriously but I genuinely enjoyed the humour.

fuck you

I've already seen it, a lot before...

thank you psychic rottweiler

He's called Dr. Strange because he looks oh so very strange, right?

UUUGGHH ITS SO GOOOD

CAPEKINO
A
P
E
K
I
N
O

That cast tho

You forgot Benjamin Bratt- Demolition Man

Pic related is an infinity stone that can control time,

Thor is in the end credit scene asking Strange to help him and Loki find Odin.

The Ancient one dies after falling off a building.

The villain is weak as fuck and is defeated because Strange creates a time loop and comes back every time Dormamu kills him.

Don't know if there will be many people here who have seen it to talk about it, but I fucking hated it, almost from start to finish. There were some cool fight scenes (well, two of them, in the Sanctum and in New York, the rest weren't as good), but fucking hell the characters, the plot, what the fuck? It never once feels like your are following a story, only that you are trying to get to a prefetermined location. It feels like it all happened over a week. No events had any impact. Characters don't react to new information naturally but just use it as a vague excuse to quickly get to the next set peice. Nothing is really built up properly. Rather, things just happen that the director must have thought were either cool or funny. And the script, Jesus, painfully generic, fan fiction shit, not a single interesting or evocative line or sequence.

I love capeshit, I think Iron Man and Any Man were great stories of getting a guy into a suit and Ant Man even had loads of bizarre visuals. Strange was absolute tripe compared to Ant Man.

How's based Mads Mikkelsen in the movie ?

This is how I feel from the few tv spots I've seen. They avoid having Cumberbatch speak a whole sentence so you don't notice his annoying accent. It looks like a cgi setpiece fest with hand waving literally and metaphorically.

>calls the ancient one a hypocrite
which is true

only problem with his performance is that he gets sidelined until the 2nd half

There's almost nothing to him. Other than incedental lines here and there throughout the movie, he basically speaks twice. Once to make fun of Strange's name, and once to explain his evil plan, which he had no motivation for and it isn't really explained well enough for us to care anyway. That's it. His character has no development or explanation.

Fuck you m8

Fuck you and your mom for all I care

Looks fucking incredible. Story is very well told and well acted. Marvel's still got it.

and yet all Marvel paid critics will say he is amazing and not criticize him at all..

Yeah that was weird. I expected the guy to be a Galactus or Thanos- level threat the way they built him up.

If you actually read the reviews, you'll see that most of them say that the villain is not very good like in most Marvel movies.

source

Really? They make it pretty clear that a lot of time had passed. The fight in Hong Kong was cool as well. I hate to be the 'lol turn your brain off' guy but I think you're overthinking it.

Yeah, I'm a Brit but even I could tell how dodgy his accent was.

this

The reviews.

>the villain is weak as fuck he loses to an infinity stone

Because he was. It's just that Strange outsmarted him. I actually liked that - Strange was too inexperienced for an actual final battle.

Overall, a fine movie, but they overdid the humor and the pacing in the first half was way too fast. I'd have liked if they gave Strange some redeeming moment between throwing him out of Kamar-Taj and letting him back in, like a scene where he gives some food to a hungry child.

WTF I HATE DC NOW

man, not again

>wasting Mads on some random evil sorcerer

Shame.

I hope Mads realizes that Marvel wasted him and that he was only used as a cash grab.

Such a shame to see such a great actor cucked.

fuck off

Yeah, I guess so. I liked that they got straight into the story, there's nothing worse than watching a dude fucking around for an hour when you know he's supposed to become a superhero.

I think they overdid the humour. The jokes themselves were fine, but there was a bit too much of Cumberbatch mugging about how weird stuff is in Karmitaj. Felt a bit too much.

Also holy shit that first trip-out sequence.

Wasn't thinking about it at all. I was just bored and waiting for it to be over and I think the shitty writing is the reason. I guess the people that liked it were more sensitive to the visuals than me? I can't see how anyone could get interested in the stories of the characters...

I think most of these actors take the villain role because it's a one and done.

They don't want to be tied up in a 6 movie contract, so they want these roles to get the money and recognition without commiting to a demanding Marvel contract. Robert Redford said he asked for a role in TWS because he wanted to see how it is to do a modern action blockbuster, so the directors made a villain role just for him. He wasn't going to do more movies.

>Dormammu, I'm here to bargain.
What did he mean by this?

This could be a good meme desu

I was definitely interested in Strange, at least. Losing the use of his hands like that, losing the thing that he loves doing, that's the definition of tragic. I was just having fun before the crash, but afterwards I was pretty much hooked.

>Robert Redford said he asked for a role in TWS because he wanted to see how it is to do a modern action blockbuster, so the directors made a villain role just for him.
Goddamnit, that's cool.

Cucumberpatch is the hero (Strange) and villain (Dormammu) of the movie.
Truly the peak of capekino.

pretty paint-by-the-numbers standard McMarvel hamburger movie,nothing special here

Is it true that Shuma Gorath is in it, or at least hinted at?

In English, goddamnit!

>Cape
>Kino
pick one

fug u too

I don't have to choose.

>he isn't alternate dr doom

Pretty dank movie. Great visuals. The characters don't feel quite solid though.

>the old mummy dies in sleep tonight meme
I really hope some of you are just memeing giving out easy (You)s

Nice meme

Cumberbatch delivered big time, too bad Mads' character was paper thin.

You expected the big bad in a single film to be of the threat level of the big bad we're taking nearly 15 years to goe toe to toe with?

No. But the fact that he rules this entire other dimension made me think he wasn't small time.

ausfag here saw it earlier today. It really is just meh. Everything lacked weight to it and like others have said, its so generic and bland there is really nothing to talk about after the movie. Saw it with my gf and her brother, both are big marvel fans and they also just thought nothing of it. Incredible waste of talent

The humour was in the wrong spot a lot of the time. It felt like the director was too scared to commit to an emotional scene. Every time they tried to be serious, they had to throw in a little joke/quip at the end. First on that comes to mind is the tear wiping.

The worst example was between The Ancient One hitting the ground and her death. Two somber, sad scenes... with a joke scene about the nurse being annoyed by Strange calling for help put inbetween them. What the hell were they thinking?

He wasn't small time. He's probably the biggest threat in the entire MCU. Strange just managed to think up a good plan against a foe that can't be outright defeated.

>Scott Adkins gets beaten up by a CGI cape

What did they mean by this?

Is it symbolism that the action hero is dead and beaten over by capeshit?

Its the Cloak of Levitation you filthy pleb. Therefore this movie is cloak-kino

Ugh. That would've been predictable and annoying. Who are they fooling. I liked that they moved forward and just had him become what he's meant to be

yeah good god that was just horrible. do the directors seriously think these are good choices or are their hands tied?

That was actually pretty funny though ...

>There's almost nothing to him.

Yes there is, they explain twice his wife and children were killed accidentally which brought him to Kamar-Taj in the first place. He discovered the Ancient One's hypocrisy of using Dormammu's power to extend her life and sought the same power for himself and all of humanity thinking not another life had to be taken ever again. He was right.

The funny part was actually just a moment and didn't really ruin the entire sequence.

Well t b h, seeing The Ancient One on stretcher was bizarre and funny by itself

I seriously don't even remember that. It wasn't in any way compellingly told, so it doesn't really matter.

Try not taking naps during movies grandpa, it's mentioned multiple times throughout the movie, not just relating to himself, but Mordo and his outlook as well

In this case it's your goddamn fault, retard.

Saw it earlier, only cape movie I've seen at the cinema. Was pretty good, fun with cool visuals. Strange and Wong are the only half decent characters.

They ripped off Dr Orpheus from Venture Bros.
Fuck you, marvel!

you'd think if you had an infinity stone you wouldn't have it out in full view for somone to take. like nigga put it in a zip pocket haha.

Any canes from other heroes? Is the Thor scene the only after credit one?

>im a nigger who spoils movies like a huge faggot
kill yourself

capeshit can never be kino.

>How long have you stayed at Kamar-Taj, Mister...?
>Doctor.
>Mister Doctor?
>No, it's Strange.
>Maybe, who am I to judge?

q u i p k i n o

What's his name again?

General Practitioner Odd.

The second post credit scene shows chewetel ejiofor killing some other dude. He's turned evil

>>>/reddit/

Were you watching the same movie i was because it was mediocre at best

>saw deadpool
>thought it didnt take it selft too seriously and had some good effects and humour
>not usual capeshit
>flah to oct 2016
>forgetable cant remember the movie tbphf

SAME FUCKING THING

Weird, MD

Are you asleep during the time him (restrained by the BDSM outfit) and Strange were talking about the Ancient One>?

If you know spoilers you can better enjoy the movie. What, you can only enjoy a movie the first time, and can't watch it multiple times?

>Baron Mordo
>Turned evil
What a twist

do you remember any recent movies though?

Go away Marvelshill

Then he calls him Mister Doctor a couple times in their next encounter

But he's black! This is problematic.

Just saw it. If you're the type of "person" who adores Marvel films, you'll love this, because it's pure Marvel - shitty humor, horribly shot fight sequences, fucked pacing, anticlimactic ending, unthreatening and uninteresting villain, and a crippling inability to keep the camera still.

Good points:
>slightly better cinematography than whedonshit and civil war. Not a high benchmark by any means, but at least it doesn't look like a sitcom anymore, just a mediocre film.
>cuntpatch is not as insufferable as I thought he would be
>the sequence where the Ancient One first shows Strange the multiverse is quite spectacular, with some memorable - if unoriginal - moments
>pretty decent, if unremarkable score, with much greater instrumental variety and color than the abortion that was civil war's soundtrack

Cumberbatch........

He tries so hard....

An albino nigger is less of a minority than you.

It was too PG-12 for me, I mean these marvel movies are pretty comfy, but this shit is getting too soft. So many jokes. Big CGI monster again. Shaky camera when "Fighting" happens, Do they give these directing jobs to people who suffer from parkinson's disease?

Dr. Strange isn't exactly R-rated source material