Does anyone know anything about the beam of light in Michigan

Does anyone know anything about the beam of light in Michigan.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_pillar
undergroundscience.net/other/incredible-footage-of-meteor-shake-in-michigan-and-ohio-last-night/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nigga, that might be a meteor hitting the ground or just some fag shining too many lights in the air to create that effect.

I saw the same pic user i though it was a sun flare on the camera until there was another pic from someones house that showed the beam (taken by that person not pulled from fb) meteors don't leave trails that bright

I am rhere now and it's quiet now but people are acting weird.

That is visible too but not the same light from the image.

It's just another marvel movie

secureteam10 YT

GDI ion cannon

Come on guys, war of the worlds.

The fuck

Lense flare.

Yes., I know this: It's taken in Michigan, and the meteor is involved.

In both explanations, the meteor's final explosion happens near the horizon.

1) The 'column' is the trail of the meteor. Yes, they can be that bright and long. What's odd about it is how even and confined the beam is.

2) The beam and the unusual cold in the Midwest lead me to rather believe that we're seeing a light pillar from the flash of the explosion. Light pillars are most commonly formed during cold spells, when platelets if ice form in the atmosphere. Look up "Sun pillars." In Fairbanks, we could see the pillars form above all powerful points of light, most obviously street lights.

bump

Bump

Fuck yeah, red alert

The fuck are you doing still sitting around, nigga? Get out there and find a chunk of space meteorite, that shit is worth MILLIONS

Michigan here. It's a light pillar. What you're seeing is a fire on the bottom, and when this was taken it was very cold so ice crystals in the air make reflect lights on the ground straight upwards. You can see it in any light if it's cold enough, even headlights from cars seem to go up for miles

>What you're seeing is a fire on the bottom
Truly - you know this for certain? Not the meteor?

It's just the trail the meteor left (kinda like contrails), being illuminated by the explosion, just like a flashlight or laser beam becomes visible with smoke, or dust, or whatever.

That's called a light pillar

It's a simple atmospheric optical effect, a common one at that.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_pillar

Yeah, it was a garage fire in the same area as the meteor. You can see videos of the meteor online and it looks nothing like this.

Thinking it might be a rod from God. aka a direct energy weapon fired from an orbiting satellite

I don't know. Reverse image says otherwise. For example:
undergroundscience.net/other/incredible-footage-of-meteor-shake-in-michigan-and-ohio-last-night/

Nope its a light pillar, the rods from the gods was never followed through as it would be impossible to hide.
The meteor like most meteors broke up before hitting the ground. OPs pic is not that.

>These photos were posted on Facebook concerning the meteor. They show something touch down while everywhere else online show it burning up before it hits the ground. Reverse image search does find any results for the photos, and they seem to be undoctored
What a shit article. Like I said there was a garage fire in the same area. You can clearly see th meteor breaking up in the videos. The meteor doesn't even come straight down like that. It's a light pillar, user.

>idiots see a light pillar, thinks it's a conspiracy

Considering idiots see contrails and think it's a conspiracy I'm not suprised. Do you eat tide pods?

No one has EVER seen a light pillar before

Light pillars usualy happen when it's cold, it's not been cold in Michigan recently right?

>I don't understand ice crystals therefore conspiracy

The only explination MUST be secret gooberment weapons or a meteor that didn't strike the ground intact.

>The meteor like most meteors broke up before hitting the ground. OPs pic is not that.
Agreed, the pillar is a light pillar. No argument.
Agreed, the meteor broke up.
I am not convinced that from the vantage point of the photographer, the explosion didn't happen at the horizon. Coincidentally, for sure.

An argument in the garage fire's favor is, there is no trail at all. I would expect to see some residual, unless it was head -on. Another coincidence, but not impossible.
A garage fire though, would have to be pretty darned big. That light is a long ways away. Or appears to be. Got a link reporting on that fire?

It's been cold as fuck, user. So cold that it's 29 right now and feels comfortable.

C'MON!!! HE NEEEDS OUR ENERGY!!!!!

isn't that the end of evangelion?

Supposedly a meteor landed near Lansing, or rather Ingham County reported the most sightings. Could be anywhere from there to the Ontario side of Huron. I'm sure tards on here will figure it out.

fuck you in supporting that bullshit saying
boycott that fuckin company u fuckin lil bitch
they are making nothing but profit now because of this faggot gimmick
fuck sakes
fuckin faggot
queer.

Guys!

I saw a very common and we'll understood phenomenon, what is it? It's ghosts isn't it!?

Or god Ilerminerty

Judging by your vocabulary and view that calling someone gay is somehow an insult, I'm going to say you do eat tide pods, or lead paint.

Do you even english, mf?

If its just a light pillar then why arent there other pillars coming from other lights?

But why are all the other light pillar photos taken on a lot longer exposure times than OP's???

Just saying there is manipulating photography techniques and natural phenoms. Can't tell which is which yet.

you think ur cashe? or somethin/?
wahtever u lil fuckin skid rat snitch goof
u queer mongering lipped out skuff mark bud

Not sure but driving around here I've noticed I can see them in car headlights and not street lights sometimes. There's obviously a reason for it.

Ive seen numerous pics of the event from different areas and there are other lights but thats the only pillar, all these other examples have pillars from every light

>If its just a light pillar then why arent there other pillars coming from other lights?
>But why are all the other light pillar photos taken on a lot longer exposure times than OP's???

Hmm... two sides of the same question. In the first case, it's possible the crystals formed higher up in the atmosphere. In the second case, it could be that the other lights are also not nearly as bright. Both would support the meteor supposition: the breakup was both extremely bright and high up. In videos, notice how the clouds light up? That would also explain the width of the light in the photo - it;s not just he meteor, it's also illuminated cloud. But the pillar formed above the breakup, not the diffused portion.

Japan is working on a satellite that will harvest solar energy and transfer it to power stations on earth using laser pulses.
Sounds like the perfect cover story for a rod from god.

Well *that* sounds silly.
Though I suppose in a country where land comes at a premium, maybe.
Naw...