Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WRAbs32PyqE
youtube.com/watch?v=XvcRgUa1A2E
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want to buy one.

Well?

I think so but it all depends on what you wear it with

ie: willy wonka GENE WILDER ONLY

Yes, there is no better hat than the Top Hat!

I take it you're not a fan of Johnny Depp?

Jesus fuck no.

youtube.com/watch?v=WRAbs32PyqE

Depp is a fucking faggot

Do you suck dicks?

No, but I have occasion to attend the British horse races.

It was for five minutes during the steampunk fad. Now... Not so much.

Nice birds

No.

When was the whole Steampunk thing big? I didn't have that in mind, personally.

>It was for five minutes during the steampunk fad

>thinking steampunk was cool

They can be. In the same way that a fedora or a trilby can be cool. They don't look good on ugly fat people with horrible, patchy beards though. Nor do they look good on those cunts who wear a cheap, second-hand waistcoat with a t-shirt and think they look like Anna Wintour's wet dream.

Like 5+ years ago or so.

No, that was just the peak of the fad.

Yes

I, Myself & the Founding Fathers believe so.

D'ya care to argue about it faggot ?

Nope. Abraham Lincoln is my inspiration.

My mates and I agree.

--

Isambard Kingdom Brunel Esq..

Me too.

youtube.com/watch?v=XvcRgUa1A2E

--

The Cat.

tophats, for young men, are attempts to be noticed. look at me! they shout. i'm different!

they're just the kind of thing that work against a young man, in the eyes of a young woman. young women would rather have a rugged, handsome stud -- and no top hat is going to adorn such a male.

I'm already an eccentric, so I have different interests in this matter. I think I will buy myself a fur felt Akubra made top hat.

I like that type of clothing too but there's just no way to wear it seriously. If you wear it, you are going to be a spectacle. The only place that I know of where a top hat is still normal is Masonic lodges.
If you wear a top hat you have to wear it with a sense of self awareness, sort of semi-seriously "yeah, yeah it's a top hat."

Top hats are boss.

And half, with a sense of humor. I understand your point, yet I think my goal is to only wear it occasionally, not so often. Mostly, it will be for the context of the horse races, a bit of Wintertime Christmas Carole look, and for historical reenactment clothes (1800-1850) I'm putting together. I think I may have well enough reasons to justify owning one. I could even wear it with a morning/stroller suit, although a Homburg, which I also have, is more historically correct.

I think that for horse races you certainly have justification.
So you're going for an early 19th century hat? While I haven't done any structured research into it, in my experience I've seen that for that era the top hat/high hat would have been made of felt/beaver. Some kind of firm fur-like material. It was later, post Civil War, that they became silk and rigid. Sort of vinyll looking.
I got a derby on a whim from some hat shop a few years ago, and while blacks seem to love it, a lot of people asked me if I was in a play, so I got tired of seeming autistic and don't take it out much anymore.