Is he the most overrated player of all time?

Is he the most overrated player of all time?

>played entire career for the best team not only on the planet but possibly in history, a team that would have been just as succesful with any other decent player in his place
>goes missing often in big games and always rescued by iniesta
>can't recreate his successes with argentina because no iniesta to save him in the finals (literally missed a penalty against chilel and a very easy goal against germany giving away both finals)
>but scores a goal in a big game once in a full moon and does a meme celebration or dribbles past some shitty la liga defense which makes all the missi losers come out of the woods

He obviously is but many '''people''' here will disagree, so what gives?

On one hand i would love to see Argentina win the world cup beausse Messi really deserves it, on the other hand argentinian fans are the biggest cunts in the world and i would hate to see them celebrate a world cup.

Mexican fans might top them

Barcelona was a mediocre club before Messi, they had only 1 CL before he joined and now they have 5

When was Iniesta the best player of the season and saved Messi? In 2015 CL?

I wouldn't blame Iniesta for Messi success, but the fullbacks. Alves is the player that more often assisted him, and when he does his signature cut inside play he can either shoot or pass it to the left fullback that has already joined the attac, a classic Alba play. In the NT he doesn't have fullbacks; Rojo is a centreback, Zabaleta is a #8 and Mercado a stopper

He's still the highest scorer in El Clásico history

you are a cunt my friend

messi is probably the goat but i'm sure you prefer your mentally challenged-coke snorting-cheating bastard

if messi were croatian it would make me insanely proud

For people like OP Messi wanted to leave the NT, luckily they are a minority these days. Most people have already realised we are crap without him and WC contenders with him

>WE WUZ EL CLASICOOS N SHEET
>I SWEAR MISSHIT IS THE REASON WE GOTZ THEM CLS

Yeah it's not like he fit in a well oiled system that made sure he gets the ball in perfect positions all the time, a system that kept him up through the thick of it and barely ever disappointed for nearly a fucking decade, a system that functioned just fine when he was injured

But oh no you will post a webm of him running through some defense that would get red carded for even looking at him the wrong way and totally prove me wrong
Nobody cares what you are you rat faced gypsy

go back to r/soccer you contrarian cunt where you can discuss cocaine and fidel castro

So, Barcelona should play bad on purpose so Messi can show he's good to you? I don't follow your logic

You aren't even a real country you cock sucking balkan gyp shit, the only reason Hitler didn't put you on the same list as the serbs is because he needed cannon fodder and you are historically loyal rats to the biggest cock, and the only reason you exist nowadays is because eurofarts need a cheap place to party in

>implying r/soccer doesn't contribute to highly intellectual topics in the name of maradona and cocaine slurping missi fans

that's really stupid

Messi contribution to the 2006 CL was marginal at best.
Barcelona always had great players and underachieved, they were never mediocre, they were always just one tier bellow the likes of RM and Milan.

No, Messi should prove consistency outside the system. He's never done it. Shit this year he was almost completely invisible outside of the CL groups as well and he's only 29! What a lack of prime Iniesta and Xavi can do to a man!

>Messi should prove consistency outside the system
He'll retire as the NT historical highest scorer, what the fuck are you talking about

>ZERO RELEVANT CUPS

In modern football? Not a big deal. He shares like 5 games per year with the NT "teammates"

For a reason Europeans have been dominating WCs for a while, they have players playing at least in the same league

Argentina won 1978 with 1 player in non-Argentine clubs and 1986 with 3

It's rather hard for South American NTs to win a WC these days

but they will never experience any success so it doesn't really matter

before Messi
barcelona: 1 champions league

after messi: 5 champions league

>b-but it was eto'o and ronadinho!
>b-but it was xavi iniesta!
>b-but it was pedro and villa!
>b-but it was neymar and suarez!
>b-but it was dybala and mbappe!

really makes u think

>dribbles between two or three incompetent defenders or even midfielders
> comentator yelling Oooh it's old messi again
>everyone remembering his goals when he went solo through the half of pitch for a second
>messi chokes by his own fault
every single match

>they have players playing at least in the same league
most of those nts suck dick

>replying seriously to the argentinian messi ''hater''

what has Sup Forums become?

Spain, Germany, Italy, England, France

4 of the last 5 world champions and England

And these 5 are the best leagues in the world. You can't separate club level from international level

So arguably the greatest team ever built their style of play around such an overrated player and won everything?

Ok my white friend

Yes. He's scored nowhere near enough goals Pele did and hasn't even won a WC

>comparing players from different eras
Back then the WC was the most important cup and had the highest level, now that's the CL. Messi has 4 CLs and Pele has 0

The same argument as you

and there are just as many teams that have players playing in the same league that dont do shit

of those teams you listed only germany and spain have been relevant in world cups recently, and in spains case it was because they lucked into a great generation at the right time to harness their manlet passing power, nothing to do with them playing together.

the only "big" team that has consistently had the vast majority of its players playing in the same league has been england and we all know how good they are.

south americans suck dick nowadays because in the past the biggest thing that mattered was individual skill and no one was better at that than them. now you need a good deal of organization as well and since most SA teams hire new managers what seems like every other month theres no real possibility for them to achieve that.

>and there are just as many teams that have players playing in the same league that dont do shit
Because the leagues are shit

Back in the 60s and 70s the Brazilian and Argentine leagues were as good as the best European leagues, and back then there was parity in WCs between continents. Now Europeans dominate the WC just because they have better leagues

Of course the Colombian league is better than the league of Andorra, but the Colombian NT is also better than the Andorran NT

OP is trolling but some Argies genuinely don't like him, why

>messi is so good that he can prevent 4 goals

With Messi we have far more possession, ergo it's harder to concede

Are you baiting or I have to teach you basic football?

most anti messi people are baiting I think, being contrarian is best way to get (you)s on Sup Forums

Do people find pleasure in "pretending" to be retarded in order to get replies on an anonymous imageboard? I can't even imagine being that pathetic

Imagine falling for it though and then getting triggered and assblasted all day.

le Messi isn't the GOAT thread. How contrived. SAD!

The best player in the world of the last three years is croatian though. Doesn't that make you proud?

Calling someone acting like a retard a retard isn't really falling for it.

it's not ''pretending'' to be retarded, it's decades old shitposting/trolling culture, like going on Sup Forums and calling deus ex shit or going on Sup Forums and saying the sopranos is overrated, and as long as happens people will keep posting it

>b-b-but I'm not mad

sorry, but day in day out you reply to the shit religiously means you're either mad or braindamaged

You're genuinely retarded if you think that's what trolling culture was.

you're genuinely retarded if you think contrarianism hasn't been a massive facet of trolling culture since forever

Kek. This

Stop being such a triggered retard

and you don't know what you're talking about, go watch basketball or tennis. Divegrass is clearly not for you.

Contrarianism by itself is nothing.

The key is sounding like you really believe what you're saying. Otherwise, you're just making yourself look like a fool.

How so WHY? Its pretty understendable m8.

2bh i'd hate him too if I was argie. But i'm hue so i love him no matter what.

no, youre just a hater.

fuck this shitty repetitive b8 sage

This really

friendly reminder that at least 3 of Uefalonas CL trophies don't count :)

true post right here, argentinian fans are so arrogant and ugly

>the only "big" team that has consistently had the vast majority of its players playing in the same league has been england
lol, what are Italy Germany and Spain?

on Sup Forums it is, desu, since no matter what you say someone somewhere will believe you truly believe it and no matter how obvious your post might be satirical someone somewhere will take it as truth

no u