Can we finally kill Lars von Trier now?

Can we finally kill Lars von Trier now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QpUqpLh0iRw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tbf, Lars von Trier seems like a pretty fucked up guy and isn't necessarily representative of the industry at large

we should have killed him a long time ago.

no

>lol i was raped okay not really but close
>who? oh he knows tee hee
>anyway men are evil bye #freecatalonia

haha

I'm so glad she did this. Von Trier's obsession with depicting women being degraded or mistreated to illustrate flimsy, overdetermined theses has always seemed sleazy to me, and it's not surprising to learn that he plays the role of an oppressor on set.

What's sad is that she let it put her off film acting.

>American understanding of art . txt

he may be like totally reformed by now oh my god but when i worked with him like ten years ago he was such a pig. let's do this ladies

>takes a year to recover from some jew touching your booty hole

dumbfuck it's obvious who it is and it would be a dickhead move to put his name out there for people with no context

>let's do this ladies
do what? what is she saying to do here? you're retarded.

rateyourmusic.com

>wants to be taken seriously
>doesn't capitalize "I"s
El oh El

youtube.com/watch?v=QpUqpLh0iRw
lars is /ourguy/ get out of here bork

bjork is so sad. she desperately wants to be a popular icon for women like beyonce. but all she has is male gay fans lmao

pleb nu-male retarded grimes rayeyourmusic loveless

>spaces before and after punctuation marks

Muh-sojinee is reel

grimes has more female fans than bjork lmao

wants to be taken seriously
IS ON Sup Forums

>his obsession with depicting women as degraded or mistreated
He also treats men as oppressors--I would think that would appeal to someone like you.

spotted the grimes nu-male pleb retard

Von Trier is a genius and the most exciting filmmaker alive. Bjork is old and washed up.

She claims that she was falsely depicted as the difficult one on the set of Dancer, but according to multiple sources, it was pretty accurate.

I'm pretty sure you missed my point, retard

how did it get away with it?

retard pleb user desu poopy mommy milky

Dancer in the Dark was stupid but made me cry like a baby. How can one actress carry a movie so well?

No, thinking sadistic fantasies are art if a European directs them is the American understanding of art par excellance. I like real art cinema. Von Trier's shit looks ugly and his entire dramaturgy is about subjecting women to humilation with no logic or deeper meaning.

Not when you can tell he's wanking as he does it. Go back to Sup Forums, please.

nu-male gay user retarded radiohead

unironically kys

>humiliation has to have underlying virtue signal to be allowed

ease up on the marxism chum

author doesn't owe you shit and sure as hell your shoddy psychoanalysis fails

>Von Trier's shit looks ugly and his entire dramaturgy is about subjecting women to humilation with no logic or deeper meaning.
women do that everytime they have sex with a male. lars is just making it artsy

>Until that point I thought I had a Jewish background. But I'm really more of a Nazi. I believe that my biological father's German family went back two further generations. Before she died, my mother told me to be happy that I was the son of this other man. She said my foster father had had no goals and no strength. But he was a loving man. And I was very sad about this revelation. And you then feel manipulated when you really do turn out to be creative. If I'd known that my mother had this plan, I would have become something else. I would have shown her. The slut!
Yeah, Trier's kind of messed up desu

the actual video is funnier
it goes on forever
youtu.be/QpUqpLh0iRw

Was it autism?

>Not when you can tell he's wanking as he does it
Even if that were the case, it wouldn't have any effect whatsoever on what I think of his films.

>I like real art cinema
Oooo, you like REAL art cinema. Please, tell us what real art cinema is, user

>#freecatalonia

i'm fucking dying

spotted the john beat his wife user retarded st vincent sexual mommycore moar faggot

mods pls move this to

>st vincent sexual mommycore
lmao

#justwomenthings

usual burger trying to get a grasp of absolute european kino but failing

nothing to see here

Breaking The Waves and Anti Christ were good

Literally haven't gotten over halfway through any of his other movies, nymphomaniac was crazy bad too

Great post, user. 10/10

>people defending Lars Von Pleber
Cringe. Watch more films.

why do ppl say this but never reccomend better stuff?

I'm not American. Go back to Sup Forums, low-energy threads where you just post screenshots of celebrities social media posts are too pleb for Sup Forums.

Do you think this makes you sound erudite?

>Watch some real cinema, guys. You know, like these directors who are completely different from the one you're discussing

I will. Watch Bela Tarr, Jafar Panahi, Tsai Ming-liang, Apichatpong Weerasethakul, maybe Aleksandr Sokurov.

>bela tarr
>8 hour movie
fuck off troll

Because they prefer to be in a position where their tastes can't be criticized. That kind of pretension is as old as art itself.

>heh... you like ______? Like, wow, you totally don't understand what real art is. Bye.

>Bela Tarr
I swear to god, I would have guessed that would be the first one you'd name. I'm surprised you didn't mention Victor Erice or Jacque Rivette.

>Jafar Panahi
>Tsai Ming-liang
Utterly. Irrelevant.